PDA

View Full Version : RS7 Poll

bmwade
February 12th, 2013, 23:47
A poll for whether or not you would buy the RS7 when(if) it goes on sale in NA.

Brav
February 13th, 2013, 00:35
Maybe there should be another option D : I would not buy an RS7 if it were the only option, but would buy an RS6 (?)

bmwade
February 13th, 2013, 00:52
That was what I intended for the 3rd option to mean. I would have to do a completely new poll to add 4th option.

lswing
February 13th, 2013, 02:08
I might buy it used in four years if the price is right. Any idea how many will be imported to us?

Bigglezworth
February 13th, 2013, 04:06
Fugly, There's just no saving it even by putting an R motor in it.

Elevens
February 13th, 2013, 04:28
I just can't get passed the Rear.........

bmwade
February 13th, 2013, 04:39
Just to clarify:

option 2 is for if you would buy a currently offered Audi car ie S8 or S6

option 3 is if you are not interested in anything but the RS6

lswing
February 13th, 2013, 05:09
Rear isn't bad...if only she had some hips...

-RS6-
February 13th, 2013, 05:09
I will only consider a performance wagon, either RS4 or RS6. If Audi AoA bring both, I will buy one of each. If Audi AoA fail to listen to their enthusiast core, both Audi and VAG will loose my business altogether. No P car, no Bentley, nothing/you are fired. Put the RS wagons on special order and DONE, Audi have my business.

Ruergard
February 13th, 2013, 07:09
If I lived in the US and had the money, and the RS6 wasn't available. Yes.

Dr99
February 13th, 2013, 14:02
I will only consider a performance wagon, either RS4 or RS6. If Audi AoA bring both, I will buy one of each. If Audi AoA fail to listen to their enthusiast core, both Audi and VAG will loose my business altogether. No P car, no Bentley, nothing/you are fired. Put the RS wagons on special order and DONE, Audi have my business.

Couldn't agree more...this is the exact approach I am taking as well. Not that I could afford a Bentley.

iconcls
February 14th, 2013, 14:27
I would've changed the wording a bit, "Given you have the means to, would you buy the RS 7?" It's easy to spout off and have an opinion when you have no flesh in the game.

ChicagoAudi
February 14th, 2013, 17:01
I would've changed the wording a bit, "Given you have the means to, would you buy the RS 7?" It's easy to spout off and have an opinion when you have no flesh in the game.

Got a problem with the unwashed masses voicing their opinion here on this poll?

bmwade
February 14th, 2013, 17:47
Got a problem with the unwashed masses voicing their opinion here on this poll?

My assumption was that active people on this forum would have the means if they wanted it. As it stands ~65% don't like it.

vitalian
February 14th, 2013, 20:47
My assumption was that active people on this forum would have the means if they wanted it. As it stands ~65% don't like it.

Your assumption would be incorrect. Quite a few active folks on this forum bought an RS6 for $20-$30K as a used car (and probably chipped in a bit extra for a warranty for protection against exhorbinant repair costs), and likely cannot afford $120K for a 2014 RS7. I would be one of those people, so I guess I'm not supposed to vote.

ChicagoAudi
February 14th, 2013, 23:30

As it stands, more people will remain with Audi than deflect to other brands and the number leaving is virtually tied with those wanting the RS7.

ben916
February 15th, 2013, 00:42
As it stands, more people will remain with Audi than deflect to other brands and the number leaving is virtually tied with those wanting the RS7.

So only ±1000 people are going to defect from Audi because of the RS7 isn't what they want? Despite all your feather ruffling behavior that you seem anxious to do and lovely display, YOU might actually be correct on this one as GmbH admitted (unofficially, of course) that they screwed the pooch on the RS7 and marketing. To me, that is called a fail. Besides, Audi has to sell all those A4/Q5 that they THINK the sheeple want. The MONEY question really is: Are you going to purchase an RS7? Regardless if I have/had the means for an RS7, I would not.

Maybe the C5 RS6 was never designed for ham fisted driving on the track during an Audi DE.

You pretty much alienated anyone or any club racer that would like to take their RS6 to the track or any driving event. You are winning friends and forum buds by every one of your seagull posts!
You might want to brush up on your facts there bub (Champion Motorsports, Randy Probst, Michael Golati) - pretty much devistated the competition.... oh, and titles to back it up. The pedigree is there...

Wait a minute! Is this Skribe?!?!?

ChicagoAudi
February 15th, 2013, 01:19
A race prepped car and attending an Audi DE, complaining excessively about myriad things, i.e., brakes, are totally separate issues. Running the C5 RS6 on the track and winning does demonstrate that the car and its systems were more than up to task.

I'm satisfied that AoA will import one of the RS6/7 twins since NA missed out with the C6 RS6 variant.

d00d
February 19th, 2013, 01:12
The RS7 is fugly, bring us the RS6 Avant instead!

kismetcapitan
February 20th, 2013, 02:10
I actually can deal with the basic A7 sportback styling. And no doubt the car will be quick. But it just doesn't have the muscular stance that nice fat fender flares would have given it.

My RS6 has essentially the same cargo capacity as the RS7; my wife and I decided that if we're going to spend that much money, we should go big with a car we both love - R8.