PDA

View Full Version : Turbo rebuild questions. Scroll is at the top of my list

DHall1
February 5th, 2013, 14:16
Hi all,

I seem to remember a couple of members having Scroll do some turbo work. Can anyone give me some feedback on exactly what they had done and the results after? I did find this thread

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/22521-Recommendations-for-Turbocharger-rebuilder/page2?highlight=scroll+turbo

I think lswing had these done as well. Lou can you offer some feedback here? Thanks

lswing
February 5th, 2013, 14:24
Were good to work with, turbos came to me looking practically new. Rebuild is $1,100, i had the impeler shaft upgraded to flow more oil for $200, basically bigger groves i think, helps to cool since the tune spins more than stock. Been on the car for about 5k, feels great!

I still keep wondering if i should have gone hybrid, $2k, and bigger cold side pipe i believe, possibly making turbo weaker as it has to be cut apart. Plus my trans might be angry...

DHall1
February 5th, 2013, 14:32
Who is the contact person at Scroll and how fast was the turnaround?

I may be gutting the primary cats while its out as well.

Crazy #2 going under the knife.

4everRS
February 5th, 2013, 14:53
Who is the contact person at Scroll and how fast was the turnaround?

I'm may be gutting the primary cats while its out as well.

Crazy #2 going under the knife.
I happy you'll at least have something to do Dave. Hehe

Go hybrid. If anyone has data logs of the scroll stuff, post them up.

lswing
February 5th, 2013, 14:54
Sean is contact. Took about two weeks, sure it depends on what they have lined up, but delivered on time. He'll go over details, basically complete disassemble, wash, replace all moving parts...

hahnmgh63
February 5th, 2013, 20:38
As Lou said, Sean is the contact. I think I was the first here to have Scroll do my Turbos and as Lou said, they came back looking like new. When I had the Boost sense line on one of my Turbos off (my fault on the install). I would consistently get 23+psi before it would go into limp mode. That does tell me the Turbos definitely produce the boost and hold it. The Boost limit in the logs doesn't necessarily tell the Max boost as around 23PSI net Boost is the maximum the Boost Pressure sensor reads so they may have had the capability to go further before the ECU shut them down. Of course the Overboost and shutdown to limp mode all happened within seconds.

Elevens
February 5th, 2013, 22:25
As I have said in quite a few previous threads before, most recently being this one

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/25325-Turbo-rebuild-upgrade-options-I-ve-SFA-but-not-so-much-info

That Scrollproducts is the only way to go. I don't have any experience with anyone else, but I didn't have to look any further. Mark may have been the first one to have them done, but I was the first to actually test them on the car and they have been absolutely Flawless. Dave Look no further..................

DHall1
February 6th, 2013, 03:01
Thanks everyone. Scroll it is and I'm calling Sean tomorrow. Two weeks is just fine.

As I have said in quite a few previous threads before, most recently being this one

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/25325-Turbo-rebuild-upgrade-options-I-ve-SFA-but-not-so-much-info

That Scrollproducts is the only way to go. I don't have any experience with anyone else, but I didn't have to look any further. Mark may have been the first one to have them done, but I was the first to actually test them on the car and they have been absolutely Flawless. Dave Look no further..................

Korben007
September 21st, 2013, 19:24
also curious does scroll update the wastegates to 12psi so they can hold boost better as seen here...
http://www.034motorsport.com/turbochargers-and-accessories-wastegatesparts-wastegate-upgrade-service-rs6-turbo-12psi-p-20017.html

lswing
September 21st, 2013, 20:09
Sure they could if you asked.

Question is, should it be done, will the turbo burn itself out, they already get super hot when tuned over stock.

Even with holding more boost, air might be getting so hot could be negative.

September 22nd, 2013, 15:27
Did mine with Midwest Turbo Connection. Look like brand new, VSR balanced. Very happy with their work and about 20% less than Scroll. Went with them because I could drop off the turbos and see the shop.