PDA

View Full Version : Stage 2 Tune

ssassc1
February 5th, 2013, 10:34
Hi all

My motor is out and I'm going to get the down pipes gutted.

Could someone pls recommend a good tuner in the US that can tune remotely as I live in Australia?

Cheers, John

kilian tuning
February 5th, 2013, 11:24
This guy knows his stuff...Isle of Man and can do remote...http://vipertuning.com/

Elevens
February 6th, 2013, 10:11
^ I second that. Speak to Rich at Viper Tuning, he'll set you straight.

ssassc1
February 6th, 2013, 10:23
Thx guys - Will contact him.

Has he done tuning for you both?

Elevens
February 6th, 2013, 20:00
Thx guys - Will contact him.

Has he done tuning for you both?

Yes he has Tuned my car. He is very Flexible and Extremely knowledgeable on Audi machines. Tell him what you want and he will do it. His TCU upgrade from what I hear (V8wieght) is on a par or better than MTM TCU chip. I have the MTM TCU chip installed right now, but I am switching over to the Viper chip (which I have) as soon as I can muster up enough courage to solder it in myself. Just give him a call you'll see what I mean.......................

johnnie27
February 6th, 2013, 21:48
Hi all

My motor is out and I'm going to get the down pipes gutted.

Could someone pls recommend a good tuner in the US that can tune remotely as I live in Australia?

Cheers, John

hi john , john from melb..i spoke to rich when i was having some issues with a melb workshop , he was most helpful (he is based (isle of man) UK

Richard Weir [rich@vipertuning.com]

repda503
February 6th, 2013, 22:05
I am shipping my ECU to him today based on feedback from this forum. If that helps with your decision. It's 450 GBP which is pretty reasonable.

ssassc1
February 7th, 2013, 00:56
Thanks for the repies guys.Is the tune worth it? What's it like to drive in the real world after the tune is done?

lswing
February 7th, 2013, 02:04
Every tune is worth it! You ever tune a boosted car before? It's a bit addicting...

I think giac is the only real loser from what i've heard, Revo takes some messing with. Viper, Euro, oct, epl, apr, good stuff...

ssassc1
February 7th, 2013, 02:36
Yes. My last car was a FPV Typoon that was tuned to over 600hp. Aussie straight 6 with a big turbo bolted to the side. Very popular over here.

I guess what I ment to say is the tune gain is say 50hp on the RS6 (10%) power increase? Is that really noticeable on the road?

lswing
February 7th, 2013, 02:45
Cool! Yes for sure, and the 75tq helps a bit...

kilian tuning
February 7th, 2013, 18:20
He reset my ECU because of a failure, send him my ecu and tcu (tcu to prepare for more power...) to put his magic in it....:)