PDA

View Full Version : Where is my reverse????

Dimitri
November 3rd, 2003, 09:44
Now I understand how Sergio felt a couples of weeks ago, yerterday when I came from a 500 kms trip (Iīve already put 2500 kms on my S4) I found out great surprise: Where is my reverse?????

Iīm not able to go through it and it was very "nice" to handle 1800 kgs by myself in the garage to take it out to the audi oficial service this morning, It doesnīt seem itīs a clutch problem since the rest of the gears work completly well.

As you might guess, Iīm pissed off and anxiously waiting for am answer and willing itīs just a stupid thing.

Apart of this trouble, that I hope Itīll be solved soon, I can say Iīm completly satisfied with the car and itīs the only thing that has made disappear that great smile on my face :D :D everytime I drive.

I also had the oportunitie this weekend to drive around in twisty roads with hard rain and I can say (Iīve had other quattroīs before) that I had never felt that feeling of security, incredible grip and control even in that conditions.

Erik
November 3rd, 2003, 09:47
Originally posted by Dimitri
I found out great surprise: Where is my reverse?

I'm sorry but this makes me laugh. It happened to my friend is his Volvo V40 as well and he was parked in a much worse place.
I'm sure Audi will find a solution to the problem - soon!

Dimitri
November 3rd, 2003, 10:32
Yeah! real fun, I can be proud to have the first "two feet drive" S4 ever...

Itīs like driving a pedal kid car, all the power itīs on your legs.

Thanks Erik, Iīm in the opinion that thereīs always to get the funny thing even in the worst moments.

By the way, here are some pictures, not that great quality, but Iīll have soon better ones (only if we can take out the car of the audi service, entrance is so narrow that I might be needing a... reverse!!! Yeeees!!!!)

CoOlSlY
November 3rd, 2003, 15:45
Adding your car to the list that tracks some of the problems might be a good idea.

http://www.dejong947.com/AudiTracking/audi_tracker.asp

Sylvain

Klint
November 3rd, 2003, 16:21
Hi,

The best and first thing a owner can do if something electrical comes up, presuming you have DSG/Auto? Is to disconnect the battery. This might be a simple and straight forward cure for any kind of electrical problem, if it's related to the electronic system.

:cheers:

smerayo
November 3rd, 2003, 17:56
Dimitri, Keep calm. I am sorry you had bad luck with the clutch :rolleyes: . My clutch was successfully fixed and now i am enjoying my car with no further problems (crossed fingers), so don t worry about it. I suggest you call "audi class" in Madrid and speak with Mr. Carlos Troyano, he was the man who folowed up my case and hired me a car thru Europcar. Audi knows the S4 is having trasmission problems but they will try to convince they are not. So talk to him about my case and i am quite sure he ll do his best to solve your f****g problem. Please keep me posted...
Regards

Erik
November 4th, 2003, 13:01
Looks like the M3 is having problems as well...

http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/e46m3/forum.php?postid=4140906&page=1

Now, who can make a fault-free sports car?
Porsche? :confused:

smerayo
November 4th, 2003, 13:18
The M3 has had problems since it was on the market by 2001. :rolleyes: We ll have to save money to buy Porsches or Ferraris. Let s start saving some money :rolleyes: :rolleyes: to quality made cars :rolleyes:

Dimitri
November 4th, 2003, 17:02
It seems know that the problem cames from the gearbox as they say in my Audi service.
Thay have to change the whole thing as they told me and Itīll take a few days.
Sergio, I think you had similar problem and they changed you the clutch didnīt they? Iīm little confused.
I canīt understand how this failiure could happen in a car like this but as I saw in the "problem list " (which I have already joined) itīs been something common in a couple of cars.
Well, I hope this is just something Iīll forget in the future but by now Iīm really worried and not very confident with Audi.:rolleyes:

Dimitri
November 4th, 2003, 18:51
Iīve just took a walk to my audi service and at the end the problem is not that bad as it first seemed.

Thereīs only a little pieze which is failing, I think itīs the reverse selector or something like that, so there wonīt have to change the hole gearbox, but anyway it was pretty funny the job to get to that piece, everithing has had to be taking out.

At least Iīve been able to see the gearbox of my beast in front of my eyes, amazing, Iīd never thought it would be that big... and also the exhaust, and everything about transmission and suspension that I saw down the car.

So, hopefully, three more days and we two will continue our love story, that, as all the good ones, had an interruption....

Iīll post pictures soon, not know, I want you to see it with all its piezes on it....

Sergio, thanks for the information, but since my car was directly imported from audi germany I donīt have "Audi class" services. Anyway I didnīt have any problem with the oficial sercive, I was a client before (A3, A6, New Beettle) and it was real fast (they even wanted to change the whole gearbox but audi told them the problem could be much more simple).

Dimitri
November 4th, 2003, 18:53
Ah!! Klint, mine is a manual one.

smerayo
November 5th, 2003, 22:36
Dimitri, let me know how yeah doing, man? What did they tell you?? is it already fixed??? how long will it take?

Good luck!