PDA

View Full Version : TC slipping/weird shifting - no more

audiprotn
January 30th, 2013, 01:16
Went for a fuel rollover valve recall a couple days ago. Picked the car up, everything was fine (didn't drive hard).
The next day, on my way home, i noticed that weird gear changing, when it would put me into 5th while going 35mph. I floored it and TC was slipping.

Parked it, didn't drive for a couple of days. Then decided to take it for a spin, ended up driving for 1.5 hrs, transmission was still shifting weird.

The next day made an appointment with Tozo (good thing I'm 15 min away from him :burnout:)

Today decided to drive it really hard (rebuilt tranny, who cares), and it WAS NOT slipping (tried every gear, D, tiptronic). And it seemed to be shifting just fine.
Got a chance to scan the car and it got 0 codes.

Called Tozo for an advice, he said there is no point of replacing it now, since there are no codes.
I felt bad since he already ordered the parts, asked him if i could pay for them and keep them for the future, he REFUSED to.
Said someone is going to need them soon :hihi: anyways.

He also said it could somehow be relevant to my recent Audi visit and them resetting the ECU.
So hopefully i can drive it for another 10-20K miles.

P.S. Tozo is the man :thumb:

January 30th, 2013, 02:34
Called Tozo for an advice, he said there is no point of replacing it now, since there are no codes.

+++++111222

MaxRS6
January 30th, 2013, 02:58
Good story, outcome, and...... kudos to Tozo (again)!

Jimmy
January 30th, 2013, 21:04

^^^ He sure is !