PDA

View Full Version : Compare RS6 to old A8

digitalfan
November 2nd, 2003, 20:57
hi,

my father's just thinkin about buying a RS6. At the moment he owns an A8 (model 2000) and really likes that the car is that quiet inside while driving. In the A8 he has the option called "Dämmglas" in German (sorry, I don't know what that could be in English).
Can anyone give a statement whether the RS6 bought with "Dämmglas" will be as quiet as the A8 or not?

so long,
Christoph

Bauer
November 2nd, 2003, 21:49
digitalfan,

Welcome to the boards....I hope you find them as entertaining as I have.

As for the A8 compared to the RS6....I have owned a 97 A8 and currently own a 2001 S8 and a RS6. I can tell you that the RS6 I NOT a quiet car...the exhaust can be heard and felt when you hit the gas:incar: . It is a totally different driving experience. The suspension is stiffer, steering feel and feed back on the RS6 is heavier and in my opnion way better than the A8. The A8 is an all weather luxo crusier and RS6 is a fully integrated speed machine. You really cant compare the two....have your dad drive an RS6 it is the only way to know because it is that different. I LOVE it and I also LOVE my S8 just in different ways.

I hope this helps:cheers:

digitalfan
November 2nd, 2003, 22:33
hi,

thanks for your fast reply.
We've already had a RS6 when our A8 got a service.
The one we had didn't have that "Dämmglas" and one could hear the exhaust (sure, great sound) but also the wind-noise.
This what my dad didn't like: teh wind-noise while driving 180+...

Will this be better with this option?

cu
Christoph

Bauer
November 3rd, 2003, 02:09
Dont know if they would offer it as on option on the RS6....I would not think so though and I have not heard of any RS6 owner mentioning this option.:cheers:

Benman
November 3rd, 2003, 02:36
Originally posted by digitalfan
We've already had a RS6 when our A8 got a service.
Christoph
DANG!!! They gave you an RS 6 to drive when your A8 was in for a service???:confused: Man, i thought i was doing good to score an A6 when my RS 6 was in for service.:rolleyes:

Ben:addict: (p.s. welcome to the forum:cheers: )

Erik
November 3rd, 2003, 08:56
What you are talking about is probably something like a 2 part window to reduce the wind noise etc.

I don't think the RS6 has that option.

YU7671
November 3rd, 2003, 09:20
i m guessin the option is a double glazed glass like the big S class mercs. Quiet very quiet..

digitalfan
November 3rd, 2003, 18:40
hi,

@Benman:
Yes we got it for two days. Normally we get an A8, but the last time our dealer just had a used RS6 and he offered us to drive it. So we of course couldn't say no...

@YU7671:
Thanks for the expression.

I'm quite sure that one get this option (at least in Germany) because Audi lists it in its configuration utility...
It costs exactly 1.030,00 €...
Moreover I've found a used RS6 on Audi's Used-Car-Market that has that option...

so long,
Christoph