PDA

View Full Version : Mtm tcu

fbatwork
January 19th, 2013, 14:01
Does anyone have a line on a MTM TCU chip - I have some Electric techs that work for me and so would prefer to just get the chip...

4.2Crew
January 19th, 2013, 14:15
Contact http://www.horchaus.com/ and ask.... They are one of the very few distributors (or only one) of MTM products in North America.

I'd hope if some one had one lying around all this time, they'd post it for sale!!!

I'm also not crazy about sending a TCU thru the mail!

fbatwork
January 20th, 2013, 01:27
Thanks - I will give them a call on Monday if no one has a "spare" laying around that they didn't use.

ben916
January 20th, 2013, 01:31
Ygm.........

lswing
January 20th, 2013, 02:42
Dude, why are you selling that chip, put it in the car! Although we did toast a tcu doing that, $400 extra...

Kgnast
January 26th, 2013, 20:05
So is this the only way to get the MTM TCU upgrade done these days? Mail the TCU to Horchaus in Canada? Really?

lswing
January 26th, 2013, 22:24
Contact them, they might just send it to you...

dcsweet
January 26th, 2013, 23:22
Contact Francois at Horchaus and ask him if he will send you one. He is great guy to deal with. He sent me one when I ordered Bimoto 19's from him, but I could not find any shop in the Seattle area who would solder it in for me. It seemed like nobody wanted to take the risk. In the end I gave up and sent it back to him. I ran out of time and had to go back to work.

What was I thinking? I'll order another one from him this year once I can find someone who can do the solder work.

ttboost
January 26th, 2013, 23:24
So is this the only way to get the MTM TCU upgrade done these days? Mail the TCU to Horchaus in Canada? Really?

..OR, you could find a guy that did a 6speed swap and buy his Ace TC AND his ECU with MTM chip...just a thought...

ttboost
January 26th, 2013, 23:25
Contact Francois at Horchaus and ask him if he will send you one. He is great guy to deal with. He sent me one when I ordered Bimoto 19's from him, but I could not find any shop in the Seattle area who would solder it in for me. It seemed like nobody wanted to take the risk. In the end I gave up and sent it back to him. I ran out of time and had to go back to work.

What was I thinking? I'll order another one from him this year once I can find someone who can do the solder work.

Hoppen sent me mine way back when...I had my tuner solder it in when we had my car in the shop...

mdegracia
January 27th, 2013, 14:21
I just completed this transaction with Francois the other week. I was hesistant to ship the TCU and have it in limbo at the border, but everything went very quick and smoothly. Communication was top notch with quick email replies and he also kept me updated from reciept to ship out. I definitely recommend working with Francois.

audiprotn
January 27th, 2013, 18:03
I just completed this transaction with Francois the other week. I was hesistant to ship the TCU and have it in limbo at the border, but everything went very quick and smoothly. Communication was top notch with quick email replies and he also kept me updated from reciept to ship out. I definitely recommend working with Francois.
How long did the whole process take you?

mdegracia
January 28th, 2013, 13:44
Took a little less than 10 days from my door and back.

I shipped USPS first class and he shipped canadapost.

After reciept of the tcu, Francois had the chip installed that day and out for shipment that evening.

Very happy with his responsiveness and the overall service process!