PDA

View Full Version : Bolt pattern

dre
January 17th, 2013, 17:39
I'm looking on vwvortex for tires and rims, but I was wondering how do I figure what my bolt pattern is and what rims will fit on my car?

audiprotn
January 17th, 2013, 17:42
The bolt pattern is the same for all Audis 5x112 except of TT's.

Wheel size- depends on the tire, ride height, your camber (if you are willing to go aggressive).

Is there anything specific you are looking at?

dre
January 17th, 2013, 18:49
Well I bought the car and the rims on the car now has bends, to the point you can feel it in the steering wheel. I was thinking of getting the same rims that are on the car now, but anything that fits my taste will do. The ride height is stock. Camber is stock. So nothing specific as of now, but I have seen some members on here with some hot looking rims.

ben916
January 17th, 2013, 18:52
photos?

can you update your location?

audiprotn
January 17th, 2013, 19:00
Well I bought the car and the rims on the car now has bends, to the point you can feel it in the steering wheel. I was thinking of getting the same rims that are on the car now, but anything that fits my taste will do. The ride height is stock. Camber is stock. So nothing specific as of now, but I have seen some members on here with some hot looking rims.
RS6 fenders are pretty wide, so unless you plan on lowering your car (looow) and going really wide (tire) you should be ok.

January 18th, 2013, 00:08
Brakes are the defining factor. Bought some rims on eBay for my A6 4.2....he said they wouldn't fit....I said BS...they are 5x112.....they will, send them to me. I was wrong...they wouldn't clear the brakes.....nothing better than bolting a new set of rims to your car and saying "Honey, hop in, I'll take you for a spin" and finding out the rims you put on have bolted themselves to the calipers cause they wont clear.

audiprotn
January 18th, 2013, 00:21
Brakes are the defining factor. Bought some rims on eBay for my A6 4.2....he said they wouldn't fit....I said BS...they are 5x112.....they will, send them to me. I was wrong...they wouldn't clear the brakes.....nothing better than bolting a new set of rims to your car and saying "Honey, hop in, I'll take you for a spin" and finding out the rims you put on have bolted themselves to the calipers cause they wont clear.
True that