PDA

View Full Version : OEM Painted Wheels

topcat_92
January 15th, 2013, 22:08
I am sure this has been done/post here before, but figured instead of searching for a thread, that I'd start a new one.

After having my OEM sold and the buyer no show twice, I decided to keep them for a winter set. I mounted Blizzaks last winter, which were great, but the wheels were pretty thrashed. I decided to clean them up for this winter, and try out the Dupli-Color wheel paint in a dark grey (I don't have the can with me, so I can't confirm the color name/name). Sanded most of the original paint off, filled any remaining scratches/gouges, primer, sand, primer, and three coats of the wheel paint. Attached is a picture. I hope to mount in the next couple of day, and will post additional pictures. What do you think?

pwm
January 15th, 2013, 22:25
I am sure this has been done/post here before, but figured instead of searching for a thread, that I'd start a new one.

After having my OEM sold and the buyer no show twice, I decided to keep them for a winter set. I mounted Blizzaks last winter, which were great, but the wheels were pretty thrashed. I decided to clean them up for this winter, and try out the Dupli-Color wheel paint in a dark grey (I don't have the can with me, so I can't confirm the color name/name). Sanded most of the original paint off, filled any remaining scratches/gouges, primer, sand, primer, and three coats of the wheel paint. Attached is a picture. I hope to mount in the next couple of day, and will post additional pictures. What do you think?

two things. They look good, and also I wish I had seen them for sale then. Wanna sell them with the Blizzaks on?? :hihi: (Back to shopping for winter tires and rims)

ben916
January 15th, 2013, 23:07
I think you had better just give them to me....

I have the OEM silver with 'zaks on now = uber grippy!!!

topcat_92
January 16th, 2013, 21:21
Here a couple pics of them mounted. Surprised how close the Dupli-Color Graphite color is to the RS body color. Also, how much I need to wash the RS. Cheers.