PDA

View Full Version : 1st RS6 Sighting in Argentina?

Ernesto (ERT)
November 2nd, 2003, 04:38
I´m in Buenos Aires visting the family. We're on the freeway outside the capital on a beautiful Saturday afternoon for 10 mins on the way to a rugby game when I see this mugello blue, full window tint, standard exhaust and 19" 5 spoke wheels RS6 go right by us on the freeway at about 180km.

We catch up to him at a toll booth (the freeways here are privatized, so tolling is common, but the freeways are in 90% autobahn shape for 5 wide per direction) and I see an M5 catching up to it. So we have the easy pass and get right through, the RS6 and M5 get stuck paying, so we end up with a bit of a lead. I can see the front facia of the RS6 coming up fast on the left lane, and before I know it, it flys by.

Not a bad way to start my vacation..... I guess my question of whether or not Audi sends the RS models to South America has been answered. But by applying the price difference between my A6 2.7T in the US and here, the RS6 runs close to US$170,000.

Haven't seen any RS6 owners post from Argentina here, but in either case...."El auto estaba de los mas maximo, con un sonido de motor que es puro boludo, che"

Cheers-
Ernesto:addict: :incar:

iconcls
November 2nd, 2003, 13:16
one more than me; still have yet to see a fellow RS 6 on the road. :(

Have a nice holiday ERT!

AvusRS6
November 2nd, 2003, 15:18
Originally posted by iconcls
one more than me; still have yet to see a fellow RS 6 on the road. :(

Have a nice holiday ERT!

I know the feeling :(

Bauer
November 2nd, 2003, 19:05
I have seen three randomly in Nor Cal. Blue, ebony, Avus:cheers:

Ernesto....Have a great Holiday

Benman
November 3rd, 2003, 02:07
Originally posted by AvusRS6
I know the feeling :(
Nor have i. Must be a Nor Cal thing:rolleyes:

Scatmans3
November 4th, 2003, 16:15
Sorry I didn't read this before. Audi indeed sends RS models to South America.
I am part of the Audi S Club of Brazil, and we have so far 3 RS4, a whole bunch of RS2s, and I have personally test-driven the RS6 back in july. Somewhat over 60 RS4s were sent to Brazil, as were around 70 RS2s. RS6 are available here at US$ 170.000,00.

Best regards!
Alexander