PDA

View Full Version : I need a stock ECU

DHall1
January 3rd, 2013, 04:50
Good news

Bad news

I need a stock, never flashed or chipped ecu

I think GIAC will haunt me to my grave. Those friggin idiots, I have half a mind to drive over there and give them a piece of my fist after I shove this POS chip down some pie hole.

lswing
January 3rd, 2013, 06:01
Shokan...

DHall1
January 3rd, 2013, 14:33
Yeah, last resort. They are always overpriced.

As a side bar. Can you help me with Lemmiwinks? I may be able to correct this using Lemmi for a patch until I get the replacement ecu. I dont even want to back the car out of the garage in this state of tune.

Shokan...

lswing
January 3rd, 2013, 14:58
Yeah, last resort. They are always overpriced.

As a side bar. Can you help me with Lemmiwinks? I may be able to correct this using Lemmi for a patch until I get the replacement ecu. I dont even want to back the car out of the garage in this state of tune.

Yep they keep the prices up, good parts though.

I ended up using an bosch me7 access program created by another company, but easily lets me adjust fueling (and many other parameters). I'll send it over with some info if you want, uses ross tech cable. What's the ecu issue?

I have Lemmi also and it would not write to my ecu.

DHall1
January 3rd, 2013, 16:59
That would be great.

Running lean is the primary issue then all the other issues cascade after

Shoot me a PM

[

QUOTE=lswing;243351]Yep they keep the prices up, good parts though.

I ended up using an bosch me7 access program created by another company, but easily lets me adjust fueling (and many other parameters). I'll send it over with some info if you want, uses ross tech cable. What's the ecu issue?

I have Lemmi also and it would not write to my ecu.[/QUOTE]

MaxRS6
January 3rd, 2013, 17:12

Yikes...

DHall1
January 3rd, 2013, 17:21
Oh the irony

Did you see the picture of the iron that Kyle posted on the other thread?

Yikes...

marklar182
January 3rd, 2013, 21:57
But GIAC make mAd PoWa!

lswing
January 3rd, 2013, 22:08
That would be great.

Shoot me a PM

Yep, we'll get some more fuel in there and will help for sure! Similar to what I/others have had with Revo. They turn up the boost (too high) and increase timing, then don't touch the fuel map.

lswing
January 3rd, 2013, 22:19
But GIAC make mAd PoWa!

Hits hard, dude!...and toasts the engine over time. When I first drove my car with the Revo tune, it was amazing, then I got used to it, realized it felt really fast because the boost came on so quick, but tapered bad after 4k and pulled timing in "bumps" up to redline. Tuning the boost down to what is optimal for the K04's gives me linear power to 5.5k+ now, plus reduced the timing/power being yanked by the overboost/high temps...little W/M doesn't hurt either:)

DHall1
January 3rd, 2013, 23:08
Very cool. Its nice to see some new folks on here that really care about this old beast. It is really one heck of a car.

Yes, your experience was spot on and help with this program install will be appreciated. Heck, I may keep the software for now if I can get the fueling fixed. Once the fueling is fixed as you found out.....all the other parameters fall into place and the engine is happy again. Happy engine=bad fast RS6.

The response from GIAC was "gasp, there is nothing wrong with our programs" Idjuits

Yep, we'll get some more fuel in there and will help for sure! Similar to what I/others have had with Revo. They turn up the boost (too high) and increase timing, then don't touch the fuel map.

Hits hard, dude!...and toasts the engine over time. When I first drove my car with the Revo tune, it was amazing, then I got used to it, realized it felt really fast because the boost came on so quick, but tapered bad after 4k and pulled timing in "bumps" up to redline. Tuning the boost down to what is optimal for the K04's gives me linear power to 5.5k+ now, plus reduced the timing/power being yanked by the overboost/high temps...little W/M doesn't hurt eitherhttp://www.rs6.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

SteveKen
January 4th, 2013, 16:00
If you have the right tool, which is a lot cheaper than a spare ECU, you can revert your ECU back to stock. I've done it on my car with a Galletto and a KWP2K+, both of which can be bought on eBay for around $50 or so.

Lastly, if you are on the hunt for a proper stage one tune, there might be one available in a couple few weeks that's done properly. If you want, PM me for the details.

JSRS6
January 4th, 2013, 16:12
Does that tool work if the ecu EEPROM has been replaced?

SteveKen
January 4th, 2013, 16:42
I can't say yes 100%, but an EEPROM is an EEPROM. The Me7.1.1 requires boot mode for the Galletto and I've unbricked mine a few times with it. I also had the EEPROM desoldered from one of my ECUs, too and had no issues reading or writing afterwards. Now if you're referring to a socketed EEPROM, I have no idea. I know that my GIAC ECU was not socketed and I could reflash the ECU back and forth to the stock, GIAC or another tune via the obd port with the KWP2K+.

JSRS6
January 4th, 2013, 16:55
Good to know, thanks Steve.

SteveKen
January 4th, 2013, 17:47
Also, fwiw, I think I paid $365 for my spare ecu. I got it from Shokan in 2009.

Another tidbit about Shokan. Everyone assumes that they are the collectors of salvaged RS6s. I had a nice conversation with them about two months ago and they told me that they only have ever had 2 RS6s that they parted out.

DHall1
January 4th, 2013, 18:01
This is interesting. Where did you source a stock program to switch back and forth?

Any particular cable/kit as there seem to be 50 vendors all from china.

If you have the right tool, which is a lot cheaper than a spare ECU, you can revert your ECU back to stock. I've done it on my car with a Galletto and a KWP2K+, both of which can be bought on eBay for around $50 or so.

Lastly, if you are on the hunt for a proper stage one tune, there might be one available in a couple few weeks that's done properly. If you want, PM me for the details.

MaxRS6
January 4th, 2013, 18:07
http://rlv.zcache.com/go_ahead_open_a_can_of_worms_mousepad-p144848018420691054envq7_400.jpg

ttboost
January 4th, 2013, 18:16

Another tidbit about Shokan. Everyone assumes that they are the collectors of salvaged RS6s. I had a nice conversation with them about two months ago and they told me that they only have ever had 2 RS6s that they parted out.

...not to drag this thread in another direction, but I have recently bought a few things from Shokan for my swap. There was only 1 thing they were high priced on, everything else, thay had and was reasonably priced.

SteveKen
January 4th, 2013, 18:29
This is interesting. Where did you source a stock program to switch back and forth?

Any particular cable/kit as there seem to be 50 vendors all from china.

I had the stock ECU flash from my spare ECU I bought from Shokan. I also have copies obtained from nefmoto.com and chiptuners.org.

I'd just choose one from a seller that has a good feedback rating. If you brick the ECU during a flash with the KWP2K+, then you will not be able to recover it. you will need to use the Galletto on a bench with the case cracked so the boot pin can be accessed. I learned all this the hard way.

Kgnast
January 5th, 2013, 16:51

Yep, and I bought everything that had on hand for RS6 conversion on my 4.2 LOL. Then I jumped on the crazy train. Happy Happy Days....

Kgnast
January 5th, 2013, 17:41
...not to drag this thread in another direction, but I have recently bought a few things from Shokan for my swap. There was only 1 thing they were high priced on, everything else, thay had and was reasonably priced.

Yeah? Shokan was able to come through right? Nice. Glad to hear it.

ttboost
January 5th, 2013, 19:20
Yep..bought a few things....out wrenching now...