PDA

View Full Version : Just opened my Christmas present

January 2nd, 2013, 22:53
Just getting around to getting Thing 2 on the road with snow shoes. It is lowered and won't fit the snow shoes so I took the summer shoes off and found this :)

H & R adjustables and Hotchkis front and rear. I can't wait to see what else I come across!!

alrightroad
January 3rd, 2013, 01:23
Greg, other than the obvious question, "how the hell did you not know that stuff was installed?"... how does she handle with the H&R setup?

January 3rd, 2013, 01:37
Well...never did see the car before I bought it. Didn't want to spend the time going to SoCal to check it out. And I've put approximately 150 feet on it driving from one bay of the garage to the other in the last month. Right now looking at finding the tool for the H&R coilovers because the show shoes wont fit on the lowered setup. Already beat the crap out of one of the screw adjusters without the tool and I don't want to mess up the others.

lswing
January 3rd, 2013, 03:13
Good find! Was this an auction with trans issues that you've patched up for now? Just curious....

I want two RS6's...just for the hell of it:)

January 3rd, 2013, 03:21
It was in Orange County. 188k rolled. One pediatric surgeon owner. Had to have it cause it was Mugello/Silver and matched Thing 1. No issues that I know of so far. And...it was so cheap, I couldn't pass it up ;)

hahnmgh63
January 3rd, 2013, 03:22
I'd either try Tire rack, as their close to you (Reno) or try H&R directly (up here in Washington) for the Spanner wrench.

lswing
January 3rd, 2013, 03:29
It was in Orange County. 188k rolled. One pediatric surgeon owner. Had to have it cause it was Mugello/Silver and matched Thing 1. No issues that I know of so far. And...it was so cheap, I couldn't pass it up ;)

Good deal, impressive miles, I thought these didn't last long?....oh yea, maybe there's something to do with care.

alrightroad
January 3rd, 2013, 03:39
Nice find Greg. I didnt realize you picked up # 2.

DHall1
January 3rd, 2013, 05:22
My Crazy 1 is Avus/black
My Crazy 2 is Avus/black

1 has 40k and garage queen
2 has 57k and will not be a garage queen. Driven daily and tracked from time to time.

I see a trend here

4everRS
January 3rd, 2013, 12:40
My Crazy 1 is Avus/black
My Crazy 2 is Avus/black

1 has 40k and garage queen
2 has 57k and will not be a garage queen. Driven daily and tracked from time to time.

I see a trend here
Dave, you know there's only ONE crazy. And the name is due to the driver. ;)

DHall1
January 3rd, 2013, 14:52
Its the Crazy Train

I have 2 "crazys" on this train. Crazy 2 has GIAC. How ironic

Dave, you know there's only ONE crazy. And the name is due to the driver. ;)

V8weight
January 3rd, 2013, 15:37
Well...never did see the car before I bought it. Didn't want to spend the time going to SoCal to check it out. And I've put approximately 150 feet on it driving from one bay of the garage to the other in the last month. Right now looking at finding the tool for the H&R coilovers because the show shoes wont fit on the lowered setup. Already beat the crap out of one of the screw adjusters without the tool and I don't want to mess up the others.
I have a spare spanner for the KW's.... Not sure how they compare..

4everRS
January 3rd, 2013, 15:43
Its the Crazy Train

I have 2 "crazys" on this train. Crazy 2 has GIAC. How ironic
http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/crocodile64/691A5379-4767-4698-911A-E83CDBC224D7-12959-000004941B9478B6.jpg

Bigglezworth
January 3rd, 2013, 16:52
I want two RS6's...just for the hell of it:)Careful what you wish for. There's good and bad wanting something like this.... ha

impressive miles, I thought these didn't last long?.....They last this long and then some. My second purchase 2.5 years ago has more than 225K on it and runs laps around the one with 125k. All has to do with maintenance for sure.

MaxRS6
January 3rd, 2013, 17:03
My lil girl (way back then) named Crazy after her first ride when he came home (random pic below and not homecoming). Of course, he understands if others are inspired by him....;0

http://originalmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Logo.png
http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/201102%20Snow/IMG_1699.jpg

DHall1
January 3rd, 2013, 17:27
^^

Yep, thats the way we like it. Randy-I was sending texts to Stephen, Josh and Pat as I was driving telling them that the car was flashed and that probably it had GIAC.

JSRS6
January 3rd, 2013, 17:39
GI echhh is more like it.

MaxRS6
January 3rd, 2013, 17:45
^LOL- Ya got that right

Dang Dhall..All I know is you were producin a nice rooster tail when you blew by the Denali..Lori just said "but of course" with a chuckle as you disappeared into the mist...

Dmb408
January 3rd, 2013, 18:58
Why is everyone GIAC haters on here, I've had it on two cars before and been nothing but happy. Just less aggressive tune for our cars or downright issues? I got more enjoyment out of pulling out the flash loader for race gas after a race gas fill up than I could say on my RS4.

January 3rd, 2013, 19:01
I have a spare spanner for the KW's.... Not sure how they compare..

Any chance you have a pic of it? They look similar. Apparently they are different sizes for different applications.

DHall1
January 3rd, 2013, 19:07
Not really haters. Giac just has a poor approach to tune the RS6.

Less aggressive? If you call cranking up the boost levels and leaving the fuel trim(lean) at stock less aggressive. Then yes.

How many data logs would you like to see?

Lean under wot. Too much boost. Engine ping. Ecu pulls timing. Ecu pulls throttle angle.

= a slow RS6

Now, I will say this. I'm in contact with Giac and if they are willing to work with me.....I would help correct this condition. I can keep an open mind in 2013 but I wont hold my breath.

Why is everyone GIAC haters on here, I've had it on two cars before and been nothing but happy. Just less aggressive tune for our cars or downright issues? I got more enjoyment out of pulling out the flash loader for race gas after a race gas fill up than I could say on my RS4.

January 3rd, 2013, 23:36
Thing 2 has a GAIC tune. I haven't noticed any problems in the 150 feet I've driven her.

January 4th, 2013, 23:00
Called H&R and they only sell the tool through their distributors. Les Schwab Tires here has or can order the adjusting tool but they come in different sizes. "Bring the car in and we will see what fits" he says.....well, I can't get the car down my road on the summer shoes, and I can't drive it on the snows cause they rub.

The $15 Home Depot solution

Channel Locks with the bottom tooth ground down (remove about half of it) to fit in the key on the H&R's. Worked great.

Raised the car 1/2".....and yea, yea, I went the wrong way first and about put the tire through the fender but all good now. Maybe I can start to enjoy Thing 2.