PDA

View Full Version : DRC recharge DIY - has anyone in the states done this yet?

alrightroad
December 31st, 2012, 02:47
I recall the thread earlier in the year but have seen nothing related to it since...
http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/24064-Recharge-your-DRC-in-the-comfort-of-your-home-Internet-access-to-Technical-files.

Here is original UK gents chiming in...
http://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=95630&sid=f585e2ad7c24c7cafd8b3773e72df3f4&start=15

I might give it a go since my rebound is a little too bouncy lately. Seems easy enough. Anyone have access to the Audi quick connect part required...? part # 4B3 616 891

lswing
December 31st, 2012, 08:25
Get Koni sports for $700 and have a better dependable ride...

alrightroad
December 31st, 2012, 20:32
I am not sold on Koni's yet. I've used them in the past on other cars and was not impressed. But, that may change soon. When DRC is dialed-in and fully charged it performs well so I am working on how different psi within the system will change feel/performance. First step is to setup the recharge DIY hardware.

ben916
December 31st, 2012, 20:50
I had my recalled DRC recharged for $550 @ dealership.
Seems to be fine but initially the ass-end was four fingers from tire to fender ( on the summer tires ).
While is has settled some (I think it is down to three fingers now) but still not correct.

During my last oil change, I mentioned it to the lead tech about the (tightening of the control arms without load on them, hence the uber raked look). He stated that he could possibly take a look and see if the techs could correct it?!?!
Not sure I want to spend more on a known fail-prone system, instead of saving for a PSS9 or KWv3 coilover system.

blmlozz
December 31st, 2012, 23:13
I can't even access those links in that thread. I'm guessing they're broken?

alrightroad
January 1st, 2013, 02:31
Links are updated here. ... http://www.1stcallhosting.com/tech/audi/

alrightroad
January 1st, 2013, 02:33
I had my recalled DRC recharged for $550 @ dealership.
Seems to be fine but initially the ass-end was four fingers from tire to fender ( on the summer tires ).
While is has settled some (I think it is down to three fingers now) but still not correct.

During my last oil change, I mentioned it to the lead tech about the (tightening of the control arms without load on them, hence the uber raked look). He stated that he could possibly take a look and see if the techs could correct it?!?!
Not sure I want to spend more on a known fail-prone system, instead of saving for a PSS9 or KWv3 coilover system.

I'm with you. My dealer wants $340 for recharge. Tightening control arms while on the rack is all wrong and I know the service manual does not call for this. You should have your tech look at it. Anytime control arms are worked on they must be torqued under vehicle weight or torqued in the assumed position of a car on the ground.

blmlozz
January 1st, 2013, 02:36
I'm with you. My dealer wants $340 for recharge. Tightening control arms while on the rack it all wrong and I know the service manual does not call for this. You should have your tech look at it. Anytime control arms are worked on they must be torqued under vehicle weight.

I just jack-up the spindal from under the ball joint to aprox ride-height, but with the aluminum knuckles I'm guessing that's probably not an option.

alrightroad
January 1st, 2013, 02:45
I just jack-up the spindal from under the ball joint to aprox ride-height, but with the aluminum knuckles I'm guessing that's probably not an option.

Thats one way to do it when using jack stands for sure.