PDA

View Full Version : Finally Bought One

Dmb408
December 28th, 2012, 19:19
I have posted on here about other stuff, sold my RS4 wheels on here, looked at poster's cars for sale, etc.

Finally got the green light for a second car so finally bought an RS6 (happily checking the box for my car list).

It's this one... http://www.drexelhillhonda.com/used/Audi/2003-Audi-RS+6-97c224f10a0a006401e47e37cdf70a4f.htm?useHistory=tr ue

I actually almost bought the same car when the last dealer owned it.

One question for you guys on here. I am fairly certain the car has OCT tuning from the prior owner (not the one I am buying from, the one before). How can I tell? Run a boost test? What is our stock psi?

MaxRS6
December 28th, 2012, 20:27
Welcome aboard the...

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/Ozzy%20at%20Emerald/CrazyTrainPoster1.jpg?

Vdub
December 28th, 2012, 20:46
Why OCT and not MTM? Like the Wheels?

ben916
December 28th, 2012, 21:20
I have posted on here about other stuff, sold my RS4 wheels on here, looked at poster's cars for sale, etc.

Finally got the green light for a second car so finally bought an RS6 (happily checking the box for my car list).

It's this one... http://www.drexelhillhonda.com/used/Audi/2003-Audi-RS+6-97c224f10a0a006401e47e37cdf70a4f.htm?useHistory=tr ue

I actually almost bought the same car when the last dealer owned it.

One question for you guys on here. I am fairly certain the car has OCT tuning from the prior owner (not the one I am buying from, the one before). How can I tell? Run a boost test? What is our stock psi?

The car listed above, 904959, has the following - "MTM bimoto rims, Milltek, O.CT tuned ECU/TCU" from the US RS6 VIN list. The last place I have it F/S was CT.

Dmb408
December 28th, 2012, 21:30
Thanks for the welcome. To the wheels, car actually hasn't been delivered yet. Report back in a couple days. As far as the tuning, I am just going off my memory from almost buying the car before.

OK, between Ben and calling the old dealership and getting one of the worker's recollections (GIAC or OCT) and my recollection being OCT, we are going with that. I will actually call the old owner back and ask one more time.

lswing
December 28th, 2012, 22:53
Welcome and enjoy! Stock boost is 8-9 psi, I prefer to run about 15-16 psi with my setup. Just had a nice little drive, blast, too bad the Hakka R's were on, had to go easy in the corners...

bmwade
December 28th, 2012, 23:01
Welcome! Our cars are almost twins!

Dmb408
December 29th, 2012, 00:46
Cool on the twin cars. Yea I am getting lowly woodgrain though... But other than that, yea very similar cars and mods. Do you run any intake setup or non-paper filters?

DHall1
December 29th, 2012, 02:03
Just cross your fingers and toes that it has OCT and not the others.

That car is crying for KW V3s. Sweet looking ride

Thanks for the welcome. To the wheels, car actually hasn't been delivered yet. Report back in a couple days. As far as the tuning, I am just going off my memory from almost buying the car before.

OK, between Ben and calling the old dealership and getting one of the worker's recollections (GIAC or OCT) and my recollection being OCT, we are going with that. I will actually call the old owner back and ask one more time.