PDA

View Full Version : R20 "super car"

AndyBG
December 22nd, 2012, 11:58
I would like this project to be developed...

http://m.automobilemag.com/new_and_future_cars/2017/1212_2017_audi_r20_supercar/

bmwade
January 30th, 2013, 03:58
Design looks like a GTR made love to an Agera. But the drivetrain sounds perfect! They need something to commemorate Le Mans!

JavierNuvolari
January 30th, 2013, 12:45
Yeah, that looks like the bastard child between a GTR, Agera and R18 Quattro. Kinda like it though.

RXBG
January 30th, 2013, 13:35
i'll believe it when i see it. that's basically an agera design. the R18 production headlight rendering is interesting because i think that is where the next R8 is heading.

The Pretender
February 1st, 2013, 20:50
I would say, another useless product that not belong in the Audi range.
why the need to bring semi race cars to the street that is useless for day to day use.
Put the technology in a usable car for every day usability.
Audi better use the money to prevent further quality lost in there product line.
Selling more then 1 million cars is nice but make certain you dont end up like Nokia.
Quality is more important then quantity, and Audi's quantity is rising fast but the quality tumbling down.
If you here how many people have problems with there Audi it's ridiculous.

nene
February 2nd, 2013, 02:50
Amen......Pretender!

bmwade
February 2nd, 2013, 14:31
I would say, another useless product that not belong in the Audi range.
why the need to bring semi race cars to the street that is useless for day to day use.
Put the technology in a usable car for every day usability.
Audi better use the money to prevent further quality lost in there product line.
Selling more then 1 million cars is nice but make certain you dont end up like Nokia.
Quality is more important then quantity, and Audi's quantity is rising fast but the quality tumbling down.
If you here how many people have problems with there Audi it's ridiculous.

I disagree entirely! It sounds like its a road going R18. The whole idea behind having a halo car like this is that it is the beginning of the trickle down from the Le Mans efforts. (Think about what the 959 was for 80's Porsche) They need something to commemorate the total domination they have had in endurance racing. This car will be filled with the tech that is(at this time) just to expensive or too unproven to put in an A4. So they essentially throw a street body on a R18, price it over 1 mill build <500 of them and it serves as a stepping stone toward the next gen R8 and C9 RS6 having a diesel hybrid engine choice while also giving them an excuse to keep developing the WEC team with new LMP1 cars and promoting their current diesel lineup. Trust me that building this car will not have any negative effect on the rest of the lineup, I'm guessing this will be built alongside the R18's or at least the R8's and not take any focus/time away from any of the volume sales cars.

The Pretender
February 2nd, 2013, 14:58
I think the R8 is as useless, just a ugly sports-car with no imagination.
Would not want a R8 for free, let alone pay for it.
I prefer Audi would put there effort in the rest of there range and make certain the quality is top notch and not just average like every other car builder.

Chain problems, brake problems, DSG/S-Tronic problems and other smal problems are not premium like.

The RS6
February 2nd, 2013, 18:12

Noone ever said that in the history of mankind :)

bmwade
February 2nd, 2013, 18:48
I prefer Audi would put there effort in the rest of there range and make certain the quality is top notch and not just average like every other car builder.

Chain problems, brake problems, DSG/S-Tronic problems and other smal problems are not premium like.

My ideal garage is a C6 RS6 Avant for the DD and a R8 5.2 Spyder for the weekend/any sunny day I don't need 4 doors car. So agree to disagree...also my expirience with Audi's has been nothing but positive!

Erik
February 3rd, 2013, 07:37
Looks more like pics edited from a Koenigsegg.