PDA

View Full Version : New Life for a nearly dead beast

speedtrapped
December 19th, 2012, 18:42
Well, I found a buyer for my RS6 Engine. As I have posted before I was looking to sell, due to any project was at least 2years off, and storage cost was adding up.
The engine will be picked up tomorrow, headed to Australia. John the buyer, blew his engine, I think oil sump/pump went, and he spun bearings.
Thanks again to del stator for the engineshipping.com guys, easy peasy.
Sad the engine was the last piece of the puzzle, I sold the trans 2 months ago. I love these cars, and dont doubt I will be in another one down the road.

Del Stator
December 19th, 2012, 19:13
Well, I found a buyer for my RS6 Engine. As I have posted before I was looking to sell, due to any project was at least 2years off, and storage cost was adding up.
The engine will be picked up tomorrow, headed to Australia. John the buyer, blew his engine, I think oil sump/pump went, and he spun bearings.
Sad the engine was the last piece of the puzzle, I sold the trans 2 months ago. I love these cars, and dont doubt I will be in another one down the road.

You're welcome!!

ben916
December 19th, 2012, 22:58
where is SPECIAL SAUCE?!?!?!?

DHall1
December 20th, 2012, 00:03
Stephen,

Call me when your ready. I have 2 RS6s and a S6 Avant.

4everRS
December 20th, 2012, 00:16
Holy hell. Dave is back!

ben916
December 20th, 2012, 00:34
Holy hell. Dave is back!

I just GASPED out loud!

Is there a "F" cliff, Dave?!?!?

DHall1
December 20th, 2012, 02:40
Its Pat's fault. If you noticed he is back as well.

We are planning round 2 of Sun, fun, test runs, timing belts, kw3s, brakes, carbon front splitters, RNSE, tunes and Barrett Jackson 2013. Next month

Other than that not much is happening.

Pat has a new hotrod as well. hehe

ben916
December 20th, 2012, 03:40

We are planning round 2 of Sun, fun, test runs, timing belts, kw3s, brakes, carbon front splitters, RNSE, tunes and Barrett Jackson 2013. Next month

DAMN IT! I am 1300 miles away now versus 350 miles.... but I do know that the Missus would like to go to Barrett Jackson...

ssassc1
December 20th, 2012, 08:40

Hi Stephen – John here

Thanks again buddy for your fantastic help and great deal on your RS6 engine. You are one very honest and helpful guy.

Can’t wait to get your motor in my car and get back on the road again.

John

JSRS6
December 20th, 2012, 14:08
Dave and Pat...feels like home again :hihi: :thumb:

speedtrapped
December 20th, 2012, 14:19
John Your Welcome! Dave !!!! holy crap.... miss u bud. Perfect I know where to go. Merry Christmas, all!!!!

SteveKen
December 21st, 2012, 14:26

Hey there. I'd be up for this if you let me drive RS6 #2. They aren't golf carts so you can't drive both of them at the same time. I need a vacation. . .

DHall1
December 21st, 2012, 14:39
We are in the air right now. Mid Jan some time. Pat flys standby with his SO and Im working on flights to DC in the next 2 weeks to pickup crazy #2.

Hey there. I'd be up for this if you let me drive RS6 #2. They aren't golf carts so you can't drive both of them at the same time. I need a vacation. . .

Jimmy Joe
December 22nd, 2012, 03:13
As JSRS6 said... Dave and Pat are back!... Feels like home again!! You guys have been sorely missed, at least by me, family is complete once again, congrats and happy holidays to you all!

ttboost
December 22nd, 2012, 12:55
HA..and the world is right again!!!!...Nice to have you boys back...Met a friend of yours the other day, Dave. Used to live out there with you, but now he lives in the Albany, NY area...

marklar182
December 23rd, 2012, 18:08
I have 2 RS6s and a S6 Avant.

Do I see a RS6 Avant clone in your future Dave?

Welcome back!

DHall1
December 23rd, 2012, 18:32
Yep. As said earlier, I will modd the piss out of Stephens old car and drive it everyday for 3 years. Then when the ext warranty is expired and the car has 100k.....out comes the driveline. Bigger turbos, better trans, maybe 6speed, fuel system and 600hp avant will be sitting in the garage. Throw all the S6 driveline in the sedan and drive it 5 more years just for fun. I cant wait.

Oh thanks, I would never leave for good. Have kept in contact with Pat, Ben and a few others. I will never get rid of the RS6.

Do I see a RS6 Avant clone in your future Dave?

Welcome back!

Chung
December 23rd, 2012, 19:13
DAMN IT! I am 1300 miles away now versus 350 miles.... but I do know that the Missus would like to go to Barrett Jackson...

Road trip.

ben916
December 23rd, 2012, 20:32
Road trip.

Does that mean you are leading or tailing?