PDA

View Full Version : TWS- Dec 2012

MaxRS6
December 19th, 2012, 17:42
Max and Crazy made it all 3 days. Friday was cloudy but no rain and dry track. Saturday morning was rain and wet track but it dried nicely for the afternoon sessions. However; rain was falling Sunday so I headed home early. It was a fun weekend and I was able to see some familiar faces and friends.

Getting spanked by a Miata- LOL. This was Friday and an instructor blowing past me in his Miata. He was consistently running around 2:00 laps and I was around 2:05 - 2:07. Needless to say- he has a lot mo skill level and is at the track almost every weekend. He is a good guy and enjoys getting some vids of his car from the rear-LOL.

http://youtu.be/SQFozLbGHrU

MaxRS6
December 19th, 2012, 17:43
A teaser vid- Saturday's first session in the damp..

http://youtu.be/NIQacTcvYJg

JSRS6
December 19th, 2012, 17:45
Randy, any chance of your vids getting sound?

JSRS6
December 19th, 2012, 17:48
Never mind, lol. Your windshield go pro has sound. Surprised that vette was out there!

MaxRS6
December 19th, 2012, 17:56
^LOl- Yeah- he pointed me by a a few time during the various sessions. However; I would normally wave him off as I was entertained- and kept thinkin I might get a good vid..00

Rather amazing considering conditions, the tow truck did not have to get called out one time. There were a couple of turns that were literally like ice (Turns #4 aka goose shit curve, and #9).

I'll post up some mo of the fun when I get a few minutes to edit and splice some of it together.

MaxRS6
December 22nd, 2012, 22:47
Some mo of da fun..

http://youtu.be/jWGenWuWWqc

Vdub
December 23rd, 2012, 15:50
Max, the throttle is the pedal on the right, step on it..

Which tyres did you use? Normal street-tyres? How much BHP?

MaxRS6
December 23rd, 2012, 16:31
^LOL- Come join in on the fun at TWS.. and you can teach me how to "step on it". This kid is certainly not setting track records. My main goal is to have a lot of fun, run consistent times, learn how to handle the car mo better, and bring the car home in one piece. With that said- my times are respectable for a hacker in the intermediate run groups. All kidding aside, I always enjoy meeting fellow enthusiast at the track to share in the fun.

No idea on the bhp. It runs pretty good for what it is...

I have the 265x35x18 Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires mounted on 18x9 TDR wheels. I load them in the car and change them at the track. It is simply amazing what the car can hold. On this last trip I had the following in the car:

(4) Track Wheels & Tires
(1) Floor Jack
(1) Bag of Tools (wrenches, etc)
(2) Front Track Rotors
(2) Front Brake Pads
(1) Rear Brake Pads
Various Fluids (Oil, Coolant, Brake, etc)
Groceries & Drinks
Torque Wrench
Luggage
Ice Chest
Folding Chair
Video Equipment
Notebook Computer
Helmet

On top of that, my wife will also make the trip sometimes with her luggage.

Vdub
December 23rd, 2012, 18:08
Unfortunatly iam on the other side of the great lake, otherwise i would come. I drive an Audi V8 DTM Evo Replica on the track and know how hard it is sometimes that smaller cars wil take over..
I have 240/40/18 Toyo Proxis R888 Semi's at the moment on the Racer.. I also have 2 Federal SS595 Semi's

What does the entrance for a trackday costs?