PDA

View Full Version : Errr essss 6666 delivered today..... :))))

Kgnast
December 13th, 2012, 02:44
I'm one happy f'ing camper.

The car is immaculate, inside, outside, suspension is solid, trans seems for the mean time, gangsta. it has a touchscreen Alpine HD headunit and JL Audio gear, back up cam, Bluetooth, GPS Navi thru the touchscreen. The sound system is fabulous, the turbo rush is exactly what I've had envy over for years. My 4.2 at its best Rama 13.8 at 102, and this boy moves. I'm totally thrilled and ecstatic.

Im sure I'm preaching to the choir here, but I have to do it.

The car is solid as a rock.... No creaks, no rattles, no funky sounds, noises, etc. I actually expected the suspension to be stiffer, but after many years on HnR race springs and Bilsteins on NY roadways, it's a welcome change. I like how the car really stiffens up at speed, and it seems to roll less than my 4.2 even w the suspension mods.

Not gonna lie, I knew the turbos were gonna be a major upgrade to the giggle factor, but the alcantara headliner is just so bad ass. It makes the car just so damn classy.

brakes? Whoa. Had EBC slotted/x-drilled rotors and Pagid blues on the 4.2. While great, this car can really shut it down, much better brake modulation too.

Steering feel/feedback/response.... The quicker ratio is big. I pulled the 605 steering boost relay in the 4.2, because it was just crapola, replaced it w the 628 relay, thought that was still over boosted. Decided to run w no relay. Much heavier steering. Loved the heaviness, but due to the ratio, it didn't have the responsiveness I always wanted from my 4.2. I replaced the rack w an Allroad rack from an allroad 4.2 when my rack kicked the bucket, but what I really wanted and was unavailable at the time was the rs6 rack upgrade. The steering is much quicker in the RS6.

Well, I've done all of 20 miles around the neighborhood and some hwy blasts. Like I said. I'm thrilled to pieces. It's gorgeous, in phenomenal condition, pulls like a truck falling off a cliff, and and and.... I'm in love.....

December 13th, 2012, 02:46
That's the way it happens!!! Enjoy!!!!!

kismetcapitan
December 13th, 2012, 03:28
love it!! (and don't drive anything faster...once I started riding my bikes nearly full-time, it made my RS6 feel slow :P)

December 13th, 2012, 03:30
love it!! (and don't drive anything faster...once I started riding my bikes nearly full-time, it made my RS6 feel slow :P)

Just hard to run around with your parents and the wife on a bike in a foot of snow ;)

na1mt
December 13th, 2012, 03:58
Congrats on yer new ride. Welcome to the club.

mik15
December 13th, 2012, 04:26
let's see some pictures...:) . BTW - the feelings you have now after the first drive, i still have it after a bit over 1 year of ownership, the car is truly amazing and every morning i go to work puts a smile on my face, without having to go fast, but his morning pushed a bit and it woke me up :), it's simply great, no car has ever made me feel like this after 1 year of owning it!

vitalian
December 13th, 2012, 16:01
Pics please!!! And congrats!

Aronis
December 14th, 2012, 17:41
Enjoy!

Mike

Ruergard
December 14th, 2012, 19:41
Pics are always nice! :thumb:

Otherwise, enjoy! :cheers: