PDA

View Full Version : Bang and Olufsen Beosound 1

Klint
October 31st, 2003, 20:49
Hi,

Browsing through the local B&O dealer I came across the BeoSound1...I liked it, so as one would do...I got one, actually, not one but two pieces of this fine piece of Belgium engineering. It's 'that' good! :0:

There were three avaliable, in stock at the B&O dealer, in two different colours: Blue and two silvers. I went with the blue example while the 'old man' settled for a silver one.

The sound quality is up there with likes of Linn, the way it feels to touch is firm but comfortable and well poised, the way it looks is like the Enzo but mixed with a bit of RS6, it's not all form after function, although the sound would make you think this.

It also has some nice touches like the antenna, the front panel is part of the antenna system, and the antenna itself is hidden till the "Aerial" button is tapped, this can be hidden again with another touch of that same button. This is because of really poor areas of radio transmissions. The CD loader is also smooth in operation and smart in the way it's packaged. The size is compact...You'll be hard fetched not to find a place where this Audio 'Art' can't be placed.

The remote is also a nice touch, one would think it's a keyring, as it is a keyring...it controls on and off, with a multitude of other functions, that can be programmed such as: Lights, Audio and Video. Just make sure you don't have the "Teletubbies Hits" left in the Cd loader when coming home with some lady friends, when it comes to pressing the Audio button on the keyring...Otherwise, you'll pull just for this alone. ;)

So far 9/10...I've only had it for a hour, but it just gets better and better....I recommend one. Oh I forgot, prices! eek. We paid £950 for one, totalling to about £2,200 when we were finished. This included the keyring remote, two BeoSound1s and a stand for one of them.

Here's some pictures and the official link to the B&O website with the BeoSound1: http://www.bang-olufsen.com/sw650.asp

:cheers:

Klint
October 31st, 2003, 20:53
KeyRing Remote. Note the Audio, Lights and Video sections of the button, this can switch them on or off independantly. It's limited but it's cool-ness makes up for that alone.

Klint
October 31st, 2003, 20:54
Here's a closer shot of the button(s)...

Klint
October 31st, 2003, 20:55
This is the flipside of the Keyring with the noticeable B&O logo prominent...

Klint
October 31st, 2003, 20:56
Last but not least...The packaging the KeyRing remote came in...

Thanks for reading the thread!

gmbh6
November 1st, 2003, 19:55
hey klint at first glance that system looks like my new toshiba notebook. 17" screen was the deciding factor for me.........great computer but it weighs almost 10 pounds :eek:

p.s. for those of you in california.....that lotto ticket you see at the very top paid out $3 US dollars.:p

Klint
November 1st, 2003, 22:14
Originally posted by thcakid
hey klint at first glance that system looks like my new toshiba notebook. 17" screen was the deciding factor for me.........great computer but it weighs almost 10 pounds :eek:

p.s. for those of you in california.....that lotto ticket you see at the very top paid out $3 US dollars.:p

Wow!

Looks good and they're both soo similar in design!

I prefer Sony's line of Vaio notebooks for Computering, I've had a Toshiba before but never liked using it...:)

Erik
November 2nd, 2003, 11:47
"Belgium engineering"

Sorry to tell you but B&O is from Denmark, and are known for their high quality of sound as well as their design.
Scandinavian quality :D

I guess I have a few components designed in there as well :D

Thanks Klint!

steve
November 2nd, 2003, 12:34
I'm from Belgium and I started thinking.... Hmm do we produce B&o???:D

but we do have good chocolat;) :D

greets,

Steve

Klint
November 2nd, 2003, 15:44
Originally posted by Erik
"Belgium engineering"

Sorry to tell you but B&O is from Denmark, and are known for their high quality of sound as well as their design.
Scandinavian quality :D

I guess I have a few components designed in there as well :D

Thanks Klint!

Ooops I thought I was making an error when writing the post(s), Thanks for bringing it to light.

What part(s) do you design?:)

The ladies enjoy the Belgium chocolate, it's a favourite here.