PDA

View Full Version : Lost Nemo 4.2 to Hurricane Sandy..... Joining the RS6 ranks

Kgnast
December 6th, 2012, 20:41
Hello all. Long time Audi owner. Buying a Mugello 2003 RS6 to replace my beloved Nemo 4.2. I've been reading through many of the posts and articles. This place has been great at giving me information to inquire about regarding the condition of the target purchase car. Between the Turbos and the DRC, there is ALOT of stuff that can go/be wrong on these cars when compared to the N/A 4.2.

The car is being shipped to me in NYC from an Audi dealership in Georgia, Gwinett Audi. I am MAJORLY stoked..... I am going to put a bow on it and give it to myself for x-mas. :) I look forward to being around here.....

amanda
December 6th, 2012, 20:47
Welcome and don't forget piccies when she arrives as we all love piccies :)

4.2Crew
December 6th, 2012, 21:16
Welcome!

I made the exact same move, from the exact same car (2001 Nemo Blue A6 4.2L sport) but for a different reason in Jan 2012. My Nemo had 240k+ miles when sold.... It was time to run with the cool kids!

What was your history with the 4.2L A6 na?... Miles, repairs etc.

Kgnast
December 6th, 2012, 21:26
Welcome and don't forget piccies when she arrives as we all love piccies :)

Ill be sure to post up some pics when I gets here...

MaxRS6
December 6th, 2012, 21:35
Welcome aboard da crazy train

Come on Max... he deserves the photo too!

edit: pursuant to popular demand

Welcome aboard the....
http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/Ozzy%20at%20Emerald/CrazyTrainPoster1.jpg?

Kgnast
December 6th, 2012, 21:35
Hey 4.2Crew.... 240k? Wow. Wish I could have had Nemo that long. My car had 106k when it drowned.

Mods:
Giac Tune/TCU, Bilstein adjustable, HR Springs, gutted prec-cats, resonator-delete, 4 inch oval tips, Magnaflow round straight-thrus, air intake w/ fab ram air, ECB slotted/x-drilled brakes, Pagid pads, S6 upper-lower grills, tints all around, and the piece-de-resistance (w/ French Accent) BBS LMs 20"s, staggered set up. Mmmm I'm gonna miss my car so much.

So how's life in turbonium-land? I've always wanted an RS6. So I'm really looking forward to it showing up. Like REALLY REALLY looking forward to it. Any advice for an RS6 noob?

MaxRS6
December 6th, 2012, 21:54
Any advice for an RS6 noob?

Purchase a box of sh$t eating grin wipes...;0

QuattroRS
December 6th, 2012, 21:56
Welcome to the crazy train as Maxx put it.

My only advice is not to buy the Giac tune for the RS6. There are lots of others to choose and members can point in the right direction but Giac has never shown good results. Enjoy the new beast and hope thinks are looking up for the folks in Sandys path.

Hey 4.2Crew.... 240k? Wow. Wish I could have had Nemo that long. My car had 106k when it drowned.

Mods:
Giac Tune/TCU, Bilstein adjustable, HR Springs, gutted prec-cats, resonator-delete, 4 inch oval tips, Magnaflow round straight-thrus, air intake w/ fab ram air, ECB slotted/x-drilled brakes, Pagid pads, S6 upper-lower grills, tints all around, and the piece-de-resistance (w/ French Accent) BBS LMs 20"s, staggered set up. Mmmm I'm gonna miss my car so much.

So how's life in turbonium-land? I've always wanted an RS6. So I'm really looking forward to it showing up. Like REALLY REALLY looking forward to it. Any advice for an RS6 noob?

December 6th, 2012, 22:06
Congrats!! Having owned a 2000 4.2 for a year prior to the RS I can tell you there is no comparison. Not just power but comfort, ride, tightness, and driving. Enjoy!!

Kgnast
December 6th, 2012, 22:16
Purchase a box of sh$t eating grin wipes...;0

bwuahahaha, will do at once. lmao. 2000+ posts huh MaxRS6?

Kgnast
December 6th, 2012, 22:20
Congrats!! Having owned a 2000 4.2 for a year prior to the RS I can tell you there is no comparison. Not just power but comfort, ride, tightness, and driving. Enjoy!!

droool....... cant wait. I've looked through the records, the car was serviced by Nalley Audi in Roswell, GA for 95% of its ownership (seemingly). Timing Belt, tensior pulleys, etc. done. There seems to be complaints in the record of any transmission issues, DRC issues, boost issues, etc. Doesn't meant the owner didn't go elsewhere for such things, but the car continued to be brought to the dealership long after the warranty kicked the bucket. Hopefully, I am getting a complete picture of information. One never knows, though.

Kgnast
December 6th, 2012, 22:23
LOL..... the car? Its in the Car.com add.... hahahahah, the one from Gwinnett Audi.... Mugello Blue, 86K on the odo.

Amulet-S6
December 6th, 2012, 22:38

Come on Max... he deserves the photo too!

Kgnast
December 6th, 2012, 23:08

edit: pursuant to popular demand

Welcome aboard the....
http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/Ozzy%20at%20Emerald/CrazyTrainPoster1.jpg?

hahahahah, fabulous.....

lswing
December 7th, 2012, 03:14
Put $10k in an account for your car...otherwise enjoy! It's one he'll of a ride!

Hell, damn auto correct...

nene
December 7th, 2012, 04:49
Welcome. I knew I could convince you.

Beastly
December 7th, 2012, 05:23
I also made the move from a 2001 4.2 to the RS6 - a fantastic ride - go for it!

Primo
December 7th, 2012, 10:58
Welcome, enjoy your beast! :)

jtmdmd1
December 7th, 2012, 16:34
I came from a black-on-black 2001 4.2 after it met an untimely head-on death earlier this year. It is an unbelievably different car, but it is nice to have the same layout & controls so you don't have to learn anything new except not stepping on the loud peddle too hard! The advice about opening up a repair account is correct, but I knew there would be ~ $5000 (TC & timing belt) to be done when I got the car & it still was a lot less than anything else I would be interested in. It is a great car- ENJOY!!

Kgnast
December 7th, 2012, 16:50
droool....... cant wait. I've looked through the records, the car was serviced by Nalley Audi in Roswell, GA for 95% of its ownership (seemingly). Timing Belt, tensior pulleys, etc. done. There seems to be complaints in the record of any transmission issues, DRC issues, boost issues, etc. Doesn't meant the owner didn't go elsewhere for such things, but the car continued to be brought to the dealership long after the warranty kicked the bucket. Hopefully, I am getting a complete picture of information. One never knows, though.

I meant "There seems to be NO complaints in the record...." - oooops

Kgnast
December 7th, 2012, 16:58
I came from a black-on-black 2001 4.2 after it met an untimely head-on death earlier this year. It is an unbelievably different car, but it is nice to have the same layout & controls so you don't have to learn anything new except not stepping on the loud peddle too hard! The advice about opening up a repair account is correct, but I knew there would be ~ $5000 (TC & timing belt) to be done when I got the car & it still was a lot less than anything else I would be interested in. It is a great car- ENJOY!!

This car had the Timing Belt, Tensioners, etc. done. No mention of tranny or DRC issues in the record. Parts account, definitely a requisite with any Audi, and especially so with this one. I used to be an Audi Sales Ambassador for Life Quality Audi.... this RS6 will be my families 5th Audi vehicle to date. My A6 went had two transmission issues, one was the trans itself, and the other was the TCU kicking the bucket (both replaced under warranty, fortunately), so I have ZERO faith in this car's transmission lasting for any prolonged period of time without assistance.

I am so sorry to hear about the accident, I hope no-one was hurt. Geeez.... Scary scary stuff....

jtmdmd1
December 7th, 2012, 18:16
No one injured in the low-speed head-on collision directly in front of our house with a "neighbor" that was completely on the wrong side of the road cresting a hill (our 17 year old German exchange student was driving unfortunately)- air bags deployed & it just had a little more damage than 4everRS's deer hit. I really wasn't planning on getting rid of the 4.2, but it turned out to be a good deal- I had always thought about the RS6 & that pushed me onto the Crazy Train.
13224 Sorry to hear about your loss in the Storm.

alrightroad
December 8th, 2012, 12:12
Congrats. Welcome aboard the train!

Kgnast
December 8th, 2012, 15:50
Congrats. Welcome aboard the train!

Thanks alrightroad! :)

vitalian
December 11th, 2012, 16:16
Welcome aboard! And congrats on joining me in the Mugello Stealth Bomber Squadron! (ben916 will try to tell you that Avus is the fastest color, but don't listen.;))