PDA

View Full Version : eTeaser - The new Audi RS 6 Avant

Erik
December 5th, 2012, 08:52
Groundbreaking performance: The new Audi RS 6 Avant

PDF with the official pdf from Audi.

http://www.rs6.com/audirs6/RS6com-eTeaser-RS6-Avant-051212.pdf

Dear Santa....... :fastm: :addict: :fastm: but donations, lottery wins are welcome too...

AndyBG
December 5th, 2012, 09:26
All in all, looks very promising for now...

Weight is still the issue, but it had gone down.

Judging by these pic's, car looks fantastic, I love it, and performace figures speak for them selves!
Its going to be great car!

M5 now start to look like different kind of car with its only left RWD, and for the first time EVER we are going to have one direct show down between RS 6 Avant and upcoming MB E 63 AMG T equiped with 4MATIC.

Erik
December 5th, 2012, 11:51
"The new Audi RS 6 Avant weighs roughly 100 kilograms (220.46 lb) lighter than its predecessor. The improved power-to-weight ratio contributes to even better handling with improved performance coupled with reduced fuel consumption."

tailpipe
December 5th, 2012, 12:03
Awesome.

What a benchmark this car is. So desirable.

I was recently debating with a friend: new RS4 or S6. That is now a redundant conversation.

Primo
December 5th, 2012, 12:25
Thanks for posting this Erik, made my month! :P

amanda
December 5th, 2012, 12:26
Dear Santa....... :fastm: :addict: :fastm: but donations, lottery wins are welcome too...

+1 from me ;)

I have been waiting for this ever since the c6 (over rated IMHO) came out, cannot wait to see it in the flesh. I shall have to start saving!

Primo
December 5th, 2012, 12:28
Dear Amanda, I'm 26 years old and I've finally found out that Santa isn't real. I'm so disappointed, can you please save and get me one too? :D

JSRS6
December 6th, 2012, 01:56
Still offering drc? Seriously??

Audi also offers the tauter sport suspension plus with Dynamic Ride Control (DRC) as an alternative to the RS 6 adaptive air suspension. This system uses steel springs and three-way adjustable shock absorbers that are interconnected diagonally by means of oil lines and a central valve for improved body roll stability. Another option is dynamic steering, which features steplessly variable steering boost and ratios. This system can also be integrated into Audi drive select and, just like the standard electromechanical power steering, is tailored specifically for the RS 6 Avant

ben916
December 6th, 2012, 04:14
Still offering drc? Seriously??

Audi also offers the tauter sport suspension plus with Dynamic Ride Control (DRC) as an alternative to the RS 6 adaptive air suspension. This system uses steel springs and three-way adjustable shock absorbers that are interconnected diagonally by means of oil lines and a central valve for improved body roll stability. Another option is dynamic steering, which features steplessly variable steering boost and ratios. This system can also be integrated into Audi drive select and, just like the standard electromechanical power steering, is tailored specifically for the RS 6 Avant

They should have used the magnetic suspension from the R8... and the 6 speed from the R8

bobski
December 12th, 2012, 16:16
Yeah, this is the same matte grey car I saw in Neckersulm in August and it is gorgeous. As I said before, the execs were very clear that it is not coming to the USA. Wait until they announce the price and that will clarify one of the reasons-too expensive. Of course I hope they change their mind.