PDA

View Full Version : Front driver suspension NEED HELP

dapow
December 1st, 2012, 02:02
I have a 2003 audi rs6. I had a small accident on my front right driver side. I lifted the car and it control arms are bent and the car is not straight

I was wondering if the audi A6 has the same parts? i dont want to buy brand new.

i think i need lower and upper control arms and wheel bearing housing .

please help...

kday
December 1st, 2012, 03:39
Control arms are normal maintenance items. You really do want to buy new.

JSRS6
December 1st, 2012, 13:53
First off, where are you? Second, welcome to the forum.

4.2Crew
December 1st, 2012, 14:45
Welcome... As previously stated, new control arms should really be considered. But, when you say wheel bearing housing, I assume you're referring to the aluminum upright... No harm in sourcing used from a 2001-2004 C5 4.2L sport. Good luck!

Note: Pic is for reference only and may not be actual C5 RS6 upright.

4everRS
December 1st, 2012, 15:38
You should not own an RS6.

My guess is that you bought a wrecked car for cheap, and now are piecing it together with junk parts to sell to some unexpecting buyer, who will find themselves getting ripped off. If I'm wrong, see my first comment.

December 2nd, 2012, 00:07

My guess is that you bought a wrecked car for cheap, and now are piecing it together with junk parts to sell to some unexpecting buyer, who will find themselves getting ripped off. If I'm wrong, see my first comment.

Ouch....."Judge not lest thee be judged". Maybe you're right, maybe he/she just needs help. I shouldn't own 2 of these...as I don't have an open bank account...

lswing
December 2nd, 2012, 00:42

Hehe, play nice:) I agree that person needs to fix the car right, why would you being doing it half-assed if you really cared for it.

December 2nd, 2012, 00:56
why would you being doing it half-assed if you really cared for it.

Half assed is a relative term...anyone have a brand new C5 RS6??? Well, everything else is half assed isn't it?

ttboost
December 2nd, 2012, 01:49
"Front right drivers side" should be a clue...so no real chance of it being here...

and my car is "No Assed" right now...Audi would be pissed if they saw what I did today....

December 2nd, 2012, 01:55
"Front right drivers side" should be a clue...so no real chance of it being here...

Ha! I so didn't get that...LOL!! I really need to expand my horizons....thanks ttboost :)

lswing
December 2nd, 2012, 02:09
Half assed is a relative term...anyone have a brand new C5 RS6??? Well, everything else is half assed isn't it?

I have a lot of brand new parts:) I consider this car a classic, parts and labor restoration, and she feels great!

December 2nd, 2012, 02:17
I have a lot of brand new parts:) I consider this car a classic, parts and labor restoration, and she feels great!

Mine does too! It is a classic, which means keeping it running like you would a 57 Bel Air, a 62 'Vette, a 72 Cutlass ...or whatever. Yes it's German, yes it's awesome, and I still love mine even though the MAF wiring is hobbled together, I have a Chinese MAF from an Audi TT, and my trans has the EDS solenoid bypassed. It still has the Sportec chip making 508...still crushes my spjne into the seat and I LOVE it!

ben916
December 2nd, 2012, 07:49
http://www.fcpgroton.com/index-exec/sub_top_menu_item/by_make-by_model-by_year/by_make/93/by_model/842/by_year/53

There is a famous line in the first Jurassic Park movie - "Don't get cheap on me, dodgson...."
That should be a tiny clue @1:28

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pLtMS9bI8g8" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

December 2nd, 2012, 21:52
Good one! What happened to him in that movie? Eaten alive, just like an RS will do to you....

ben916
December 3rd, 2012, 03:53
Good one! What happened to him in that movie? Eaten alive, just like an RS will do to you....
No, he was a prima Donna programmer knowitall and very greedy, so karma ate his face

dapow
December 3rd, 2012, 03:54
front left . driver side. its hard to find a parting 2003 rs6. i skidded in to the side walk and now my suspension is damaged. i lifted the car and my lower left control arm is bent . the strut mount is cracked . i need to know if the rs4 ,s4 or a6 have the same parts so i can buy it basically the left side of suspension. and replaced the whole thing.... etc

kday
December 3rd, 2012, 04:03
Dude. You can buy new control arms anywhere. I bought mine on amazon.com of all places.

4.2Crew
December 3rd, 2012, 13:09
front left . driver side. its hard to find a parting 2003 rs6. i skidded in to the side walk and now my suspension is damaged. i lifted the car and my lower left control arm is bent . the strut mount is cracked . i need to know if the rs4 ,s4 or a6 have the same parts so i can buy it basically the left side of suspension. and replaced the whole thing.... etc

Sometimes a picture REALLY helps us to help you... Besides the control arms, which components in the attached diagram are damaged? So far, you've stated wheel bearing housing, control arms, and now strut mount. I attached a pic of the aluminum upright in an early response to you----Is that the wheel bearing housing component you where referring to, or something else? You never really acknowledged.

The aluminum upright and MANY of the other related front suspension components are the same a 2001-2004 A6 4.2L "sport." I do not know about an S4, RS4 or other 2000-2004 A6 configurations.

Pics. Please.