PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear Last Night RS6 vs E55AMG

johneroberts
December 9th, 2002, 09:52
Clarkson, suprised everyone last night by recomending the RS6 over the E55 AMG, strange considering hes just purchased an E55 AMG:confused:
But it was a whos who of car owners , looks like many are destined for Rock Stars:alig: , Dave have you realised you got one before Nick mason , the drummer from the floyd, :0:
I videoed it so if any of you guys want a copy, i can send it, or if anyone else videoed it who can turn it into a file for the internet please do so.
Cheers
jr

Erik
December 9th, 2002, 10:16
That's interesting!

Please send a video to me. You will find my address in your pm box.

TheGit
December 9th, 2002, 13:02
What's even more interesting is that he just brushed the M5 and Jag aside - very unusual for Top Gear!

Dave
December 9th, 2002, 16:13
A top showing by the Audi.. very good.. and it's equal to everything he stated.. (apart from maybe the 200mph!!)

Dave

Erik
December 10th, 2002, 09:50
johneroberts please check your pm box...Thanks!

Erik
December 10th, 2002, 12:16
The RS6 will be on swedish telly on thursday...stay tuned :addict:

JP4
December 10th, 2002, 14:06
Hey johneroberts....would you send me a link to that video file too or e-mail it to me? Thanks in advance!

JP4

Erik
December 10th, 2002, 14:13
As soon as johnroberts find out how to use the pm function he can find my snail-mail address and ship a copy. :) (Many thanks!)

I'll transfer it to internet-video and host it here.

Rhaps
December 10th, 2002, 15:06
I need to see that vid too! :addict:

JP4
December 10th, 2002, 15:43
That would be great Erik. Thanks!

JP4:cool:

steve
December 12th, 2002, 11:04
Clarkson said that the E55 ///AMG has traction problems. He was driving the car and he just accelerated a bit and you saw the light of the traction control going on and of. I have already seen a movie where they test the E55 around cones and he couldn't make it. It just spinned at the last cones. The RS6 is just the best car of the moment in its class. If I am not mistaking, the RS6 was more than 3 seconds faster around the Top Gear track! For the other ones.. the jag. simply can't compete with the comp. and the M5 is still a magnificent car but now there is better.

bonte
December 12th, 2002, 12:36
can somebody host the video?

or who can i pm to mail it me?

Thx, Bart

Erik
December 12th, 2002, 12:39
I could host the video, but I think johneroberts is letting a friend host it to avoid the hazzle of sending a video copy to me for ripping etc. It would take time.

Beware, there will be a lot of traffic...

The RS6 is on swedish telly at 20.00 tonight... :addict:

Erik
December 12th, 2002, 23:24
:addict: Really nice test drive tonight in swedish telly.
They did a 5-7 min test of hard driving etc. :incar:
Car got 4.1 in average :deal: (2 for economy but everything else 4 or 5 out of 5) which is very good.

Nothing was mentioned about other cars or competitors, they were just hoping for a RSL (Leicht = Light) with sequential gearbox...who's not? :hihi:

I hope I'll be able to host that video in the near future.

krm
December 13th, 2002, 03:36
looking forward to the video, thanks John! Erik, great smilies! :race:

gaz
January 5th, 2003, 17:40
Hi John
A copy ot the Top Gear RS6 video would be wonderfull if you still have it. I can rip it and host it for a while.....depending on the demand. How would you like to arrange sending? Can you courier it and I pay at this end? Let me know. Many Thanks Gaz

johneroberts
January 6th, 2003, 10:32
It comtheth soon, i now have a perfect host for it, and some other juicy bits:D
Cheers
jr

gaz
January 6th, 2003, 11:05
Many thanks. I can't wait to see it:D

itisme
January 6th, 2003, 14:05
Yes.. really nice.. thanks for your work man :)..

Ißve one question.. in our TV-paper the time when Top Gear is coming is not shown there.. I must have much luck to see it. Is any body here who can write me a pm or just give me a link where I can see when it comes on TV? I surched for long time but bbc.com is very complicated :D.. and google doesn´t give me what I want :(.. please help.. thanks cya.. many many thanks :).

:cheers:

Erik
January 6th, 2003, 17:20
Originally posted by itisme
I've one question.. in our TV-paper the time when Top Gear is coming is not shown there.. I must have much luck to see it. Is any body here who can write me a pm or just give me a link where I can see when it comes on TV?

http://www.bbcworld.com/content/template_home.asp?pageid=1

and choose your country under TV Listings.

athlon
January 7th, 2003, 11:54
The RS6 may corner better than the E55 but that does not make it a better car.

The E55 is faster in a straight line
The E55 is a better built car
The E55 is new, not 6 years old

Nordschleife
January 7th, 2003, 12:09
Originally posted by athlon
The RS6 may corner better than the E55 but that does not make it a better car.

The E55 is faster in a straight line
The E55 is new, not 6 years old

Then how come Sport Auto and Auto Motor und Sport rate the RS6 ahead of the E55?

taipan
January 7th, 2003, 12:43
I was told that before and after a straight line, there tend to be turns but I have no hard data to prove it.
Eric

Erik
January 7th, 2003, 12:46
Originally posted by taipan
I was told that before and after a straight line, there tend to be turns but I have no hard data to prove it.

*LOL* :addict:

I have heard there is something called rain and snow as well. :hihi:

quattro
January 7th, 2003, 12:51
Originally posted by athlon

Even Volkswagen builds better cars than Mercedes Benz nowadays so I wonder who is living in the past?