PDA

View Full Version : Audi TT "GT3"

andreadebi
November 24th, 2012, 10:12
go Durheimer go

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/lightweight-audi-tt-gt3-development

Joker
November 24th, 2012, 15:36
A hardcore version doesn't appeal to me personally though its development should benefit the rest of the range with any luck.

PANZER
November 25th, 2012, 07:56
WOW 1000kg kerb weight now were talking!
Probably gona be expensive though ,but i belive that cost is going to go down on lighter materials in the future.

The Pretender
November 27th, 2012, 14:22
With a 5 cylinder engine and 4WD it will be a TT RS Evo, but to get it @ 1000 Kg it will mean very very expensive materials need to be used, the 5 cylinder engine weighs 183 Kg alone.
Even de FWD Race TT RS weighs 1100 Kg and that race body shell is as empty as it gets.
The Haldex 4WD weighs ± 75 Kg or so.
It will also mean they need to use Ceramic brakes all-around.

It can get a killer TT but it will cost you a arm and a leg to buy, because it will be insane expensive.

PANZER
November 27th, 2012, 23:06
With a 5 cylinder engine and 4WD it will be a TT RS Evo, but to get it @ 1000 Kg it will mean very very expensive materials need to be used, the 5 cylinder engine weighs 183 Kg alone.
Even de FWD Race TT RS weighs 1100 Kg and that race body shell is as empty as it gets.
The Haldex 4WD weighs ± 75 Kg or so.
It will also mean they need to use Ceramic brakes all-around.

It can get a killer TT but it will cost you a arm and a leg to buy, because it will be insane expensive.

Yeah 1000kg is a difficult goal i think but remember its the new MQB plattform they are developing on ,it would be cool if they can make it.

Wasn't there talk about a lightweight quattro car a few years back that would cost a fortune ,is this TT that has become of it?

chewym
November 28th, 2012, 03:13
Here is an excelent article with lots of photos of the actual 1,000 kg TT prototype.

http://fourtitude.com/features/Miscellaneous_Features_16/audi-tt-evo-plus-next-generation-of-ultra-chassis-design/

The Pretender
November 28th, 2012, 09:54
Yeah 1000kg is a difficult goal i think but remember its the new MQB plattform they are developing on ,it would be cool if they can make it.

Wasn't there talk about a lightweight quattro car a few years back that would cost a fortune ,is this TT that has become of it?
This TT is the consequence of Audi's ULTRA direction and the "quattro concept" (1300 Kg) was one of the projects along the ULTRA line.

PANZER
November 29th, 2012, 03:49
This TT is the consequence of Audi's ULTRA direction and the "quattro concept" (1300 Kg) was one of the projects along the ULTRA line.

Ok good to know thanks.

Remember another lightweight concept Lamborghini Sesto Elemento 5.2L V10 with AWD weighing only 999kg but that car is very hardcore for example if i remember
correctly it has no real seats only paddings directly on the chassis.

Actually i read now that Lamborghini announced plans to make 20 Sesto Elementos for track use only in mid-2013 they all have been sold out.