PDA

View Full Version : Lower A8 by electronics. Any experience??

Aronis
November 19th, 2012, 18:00
Audi A8 Quattro (W/ Air suspension) Electronic Lowering Module 2010+

ETS – Electronic Lowering Systems
The H&R electronic lowering module ETS is a product for cars which have an OE air- or ABC-suspension.

By using the H&R ETS module, the car is lowered by approx 32mm, which does not only change the center of gravity but also optimize the driving dynamics as well as the driving safety. A sporty performance and harmonic optics is given without mechanical work.

alrightroad
November 20th, 2012, 03:50
Yes, possible. Been done before on allroads many times. Google "402 mod" on quattroworld or audiworld. I'll see if I can find the original link from years ago. Essentially, "402" is the factory setting in mm measured from center of wheel cap (or more precisely, the axle bolt) up to the bottom lip on the fender flare... and, this is set based on level 2 of the allroad. I suspect the A8 has auto leveling computer though I dont know. The goal is to reset the 402mm on each corner to something like 415mm, save, exit. You are telling the car you measured 415mm with a measuring device. Then, the auto-leveling computer will compensate for this and lower the car by 13mm. I have done this on my allroad several times to get it just right. 16mm down in the front and 12mm down in rear. Doesnt sound like much but the stance and handling is greatly improved in the lowest level 1 on the car. I'm sure with some patience, trial and error, and possibly a trip or 2 to the dealership to reset the auto-leveling computer when you mess up you can arrive at the same results.

Aronis
November 22nd, 2012, 01:44
Did a VAG-COM investigation....

Found these settings

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UDS Adaptation Channel: Body height left rear wheel house edge
Stored value 416.30 mm

UDS Adaptation Channel: Body height right rear wheel house edge
Stored value 411.70 mm

UDS Adaptation Channel: Body height left front wheel house edge
Stored value 404.60 mm

UDS Adaptation Channel: Body height right front wheel house edge
Stored value 402.70 mm

So from what I can see it is possible to change the height of the car....much the same way the Alroad has been done with the 405 mod. I'd rather someone else take the first plunge....LOL.

Mike