PDA

View Full Version : Vag-Com not working on 2013 A8

Aronis
November 17th, 2012, 16:03
I tried to do some VAG_COM mods this morning, but the software would not connect to my car.

I downloaded the most recent software, did the reinstall with all new drivers for USB interface, downloaded the latest FIRMWARE for the interface and tested the interface. But when I connected to the car and ran the test it said CAN: Not supported???? I could not do autoscan either as it would not connect.

Did audi change the software for the diagnostic interface for 2013?

Mike

4everRS
November 17th, 2012, 16:08
I think they changed it in 08 or 09. ?? Not sure. I believe Ross tech does make a compatible cable and drivers, but it requires a new purchase of their stuff.

4everRS
November 17th, 2012, 16:12
Found it. This is what you need. You probably have the older version like the rest of us.

http://store.ross-tech.com/shop/VCHUC.html

Aronis
November 17th, 2012, 16:28
I have had that particular dongle for about 5 years LOL. I upgraded a long while ago, particularly since that unit allows you to use the software on any PC!

The older version required to you get an activation key every time you got a new PC..PITA.....

So, I sent an email to ross tech, I'll see what they say...probably would be after next week given the holiday. I'll keep you posted.

I suspect Audi is trying to stop us from modifying things LOL.

I've been reading about lowering your car by vag-com as well....that should be interesting.

Mike

4everRS
November 17th, 2012, 17:19
Good luck Mike. I know the c5 allroad crowd does the lowering via vagcom. I'm sure it's a different process 10 years later, but I'll be interested to hear the results!

Aronis
November 17th, 2012, 18:25
Shazam!

My vag com is the USB dual K. No CAN

so that's the issue!! Oh well time to buy a new one after all.

Thanks.

Mike

Aronis
November 17th, 2012, 18:48
As usual RS6.com to the rescue!

Just ordered the new one.

Mike