PDA

View Full Version : Announcement: New forum rules - please read

Erik
October 30th, 2003, 15:01
Dear everyone,

RS6.com has grown a lot since the start and is now the main place on the web for the RS6. :addict:
The development in the forum - especially commercial posts - has lead us to
introduce a set of easy to follow rules so that both moderators and members have a guideline for what is right or wrong. :deal:

Also, everything here is paid from my own pocket.

If you have any comments on these new rules or anything else please let us know either by pm (personal message), e-mail (erikb@rs6.com) or in this thread.

RS6.com is here for YOU and we're working hard on new articles and videos to keep you smiling!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FORUM REGULATIONS
This is a community of Audi / VAG enthusiasts. We encourage participation and the goal of the community is to enhance the ownership of your car. Respect your fellow enthusiasts in the same manner you wish to be respected. It is good practice when you write to use emotion icons if you think someone might take something you say offensively. Use common sense!

RESPECT IS THE KEY

The RS6.com community is a place where it's okay to be yourself
as long as you always act with respect towards your fellow enthusiasts. When newcomers arrive, welcome them to our growing community. Many in the RS6.com community are a wealth of knowledge and have much to share. Help new members learn about how to find information and resources. Don't attack each other!

Don't attack others. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult and/or personal attack.

KEEP YOUR POSTS CLEAN

There may be places where explicit, obscene or vulgar language, graphics or behaviour is appropriate however RS6.com International is not one of them. Discussion forum posts that contain explicit, obscene or vulgar language will be removed.
Politics are banned as well. Posts that solicit or offer explicit or X-rated images or similar content files will be deleted without notice!

AVOID DUPLICATE POSTS

Always use the search engines - it's a very powerufl tool - if you think your question is not a new one. Do not post the same discussion more than once on a discussion forum or on many forums. Duplicate discussions can be frustrating for other members, especially for those whose time and energy is limited. Weeding through the same discussion in multiple locations can be not only be frustrating, but down right annoying.

SIGNATURES AND AVATARS

Each member has the ability to display a signature, which may include an image. Please keep your signature small to save bandwidth. Please keep your signature clean, just like the posts, and make sure that it loads quickly.

COPYRIGHT

Please keep your posts free from copyright protected material.

ADVERTISING

Advertising is prohibited on the forums, only paying sponsors may advertise. You will be issued a warning if you do not follow these rules. Sponsors are kindly asked to keep out of each others posts.
If you like to advertise please contact erikb@rs6.com directly.

ADVERTISING - Cars for sale.
Forum members may sell their private cars (related to the forum)
and post directly in the forum. Do NOT bump your for sale thread.

ADVERTISING: Event Promotion

Event promotions are allowed unless it could be considered to be
direct advertising.

WE RESERVE THE RIGHT

RS6.com and its admins and moderators reserves the right to remove, move or close a post, which does not relate to the topic being discussed in the forum or that break any of the rules.

TaTaPiRaTa
November 4th, 2003, 16:56
I think it should be mandatory for user to give their location as minimum of info.
Especially when we have these issues with metric conversions, octane fuel specs,.....

Erik
November 4th, 2003, 17:08
Originally posted by TaTaPiRaTa
I think it should be mandatory for user to give their location as minimum of info.
Especially when we have these issues with metric conversions, octane fuel specs,.....

We can only recommend it. I don't think it is technically possible although I'd prefer it.

jimmy94507
November 4th, 2003, 17:34
I also think it is an excellent idea that everyone post their general location as part of their user profile. It would avoid posts we continue to see about - "where are you located". Perhaps everyone should consider it just part of the RS6 Forum etiquette.

Regards, Jim