PDA

View Full Version : Did my trans just crap out?

lswing
October 30th, 2012, 21:04
Thought I had a bad shift a few days ago. Today, on the gas over some bumps from 1st, needle swings up wildly twice, in auto.....ughhhh....

Has not been downshifting when it should in auto....

Drove carefully in Tip and it was barely ok...and gas and it clunks weird....no codes or cel yet, will check tonight...thanks!

MaxRS6
October 30th, 2012, 21:53
Oooof- Hope it isn't bad news 4 u. Check fluid? I trust the local brain trust will chime in with mo helpful stuff...

lswing
October 30th, 2012, 22:23
Thanks Max! I think she's a goner, been feeling a few little slips here and there, going to get the fluid checked Monday....sitting for now, blah....had a little pitch of the needle last week, last month nailed it from second to third and she didn't grab....

Stephencl
October 30th, 2012, 22:27
This is exactly how mine went on my last car. Missed the shift to second, and never came back. No cel or codes ever!

At least you made it home...

Stephen

October 30th, 2012, 23:02
A clutch....let me guess, only when hot, only in 1-4th and never in 5th. If you test it when hot, foot on the brake, run the RPM's up to the TC stall limit and the trans slips then slams, may go into fail safe.

Yup....don't bother with flush and fill, it never fixes it. Can bypass the EDS solenoid to buy some time, but yep.......A clutch.

lswing
October 31st, 2012, 01:46
Home now from work, was a gingerly drive, I can feel it slipping I swear. Didn't scan yet, busy getting the TSX ready to drive this month. Yea, I think it's off to Tozo, hope he can work it in, emailing next, guess it will be nice to have the upgraded clutch packs for more power down the road, or stability at least. 94,500 miles on this trans, tc lasted to 85k, time to get this done and get back on the road...

October 31st, 2012, 01:56
So how many miles overall?

lswing
October 31st, 2012, 02:07
94,500 total on car and trans according to records, I'm third owner....last 15-20k tuned....

I did some damage with two hard acceleration slips when low on fluid this summer, might have been wearing anyhow....

October 31st, 2012, 02:23
Don't feel bad, hard acceleration slips don't damage permanently (my opinion, but ask Tozo for sure). Just the effects of 100k on this car. It's why I'd much rather have this car with 100k and a new trans than 50k and the original trans.