PDA

View Full Version : Teen Street Survival Course - TireRack

Amulet-S6
October 26th, 2012, 04:49
If you have a teen driver, please consider having them attend a Teen Street Survival course: http://streetsurvival.org/
Street Survival is a national system of teaching young drivers how to handle their own cars in a controlled environment. My 16 yo was in a course last month and my 15 yo is signed up for the spring. As a helper or instructor the past few years, I can't tell you how much this helps teens with understanding vehicle control.

For you "adult teens", you might want to consider a DE (high performance driving event.) At the Audi & BMW DE's I've attended, you get the same education and experience as the teen event. Plus a little more with the on-track portion. It's ALL very controlled and safe.

My track career stated when I attended an Audi sponsored Adult event in Texas 10 yrs ago at age 41. I was blown away at how much safer I felt in my own car knowing it's capabilities.

Be safe, Jim

4everRS
October 26th, 2012, 15:02
Couldn't agree more Jim. Adults and kids alike need to have a good understanding about the dynamics of vehicle control. When my kids are old enough to drive, they will be going to an event like these for sure.

As you did, I learned a lot about car control at my first DE event. Good reminder Jim.

MaxRS6
October 26th, 2012, 16:10
... I was blown away at how much safer I felt in my own car knowing it's capabilities..

Whaaaaaattttttt!!! I become mo & mo scared and scarred each time I roll out. Actually- at our ages- I have become less and less worried about self preservation since there are soooo few days remaining...;0 Heck Jim- You already have both legs in and about chest high!

Good advice Jim as I echo Kyle!