PDA

View Full Version : parking the car for a few weeks - any tips?

mik15
October 25th, 2012, 15:18
i'll be on vacation for a bit over 3 weeks back in Europe, unfortunately due to the critical situation now in the Middle East i can't drive to Europe, so the beast will be garaged, i'm thinking of disconnecting the battery so it doesn't dry out, though last time i had no issues with it after 2 weeks. What is your common practice, as i am sure some of you being in the Army must leave their beasts parked for quite some time so your tips would be welcomed :) ! Should i inflate the tires to 45psi or more so i don't get a flat spot!?

Thanks a lot!

kilian tuning
October 25th, 2012, 15:43
Ive left my car for 4 to 5 weeks without trouble, think the battery was already on its way so ive replaced that with a Varta one...never inflated the tires...its bumpy for some miles, but ive got that to after one week :)

Primo
October 25th, 2012, 16:34
I left my car two weeks out in the rain while I was offshore, I felt really bad, but the beast didn't disappoint me at all! ;)

ben916
October 25th, 2012, 16:52
Battery tender, if you can get one
Yeah, flat spotting on tires, nothing you can do on that one...

Spidercat
October 26th, 2012, 00:06
I wouldn't worry about it, honestly, for only 3 weeks. Enjoy your trip!
Doubt you'll have any problems with either the battery or tires (I never disconnected the battery, and I usually keep my tires at least 45 psi, anyway).
I've left mine in the garage for much longer with no special treatment other than a full fresh tank of gas, and never had a problem.

na1mt
October 26th, 2012, 00:59
.......Lock it