PDA

View Full Version : ABT wheels for the Beast??? should i go for it?

mik15
October 24th, 2012, 17:47
...i could get my hands on a set of these rims, original ABT wheels, apparently brand new in the box for what it seems to be a good price!
What do you think about them? do they look good on the car? I kind of like them, they're very rare and they do look good in these pictures!
http://i48.tinypic.com/5u2ulz.jpg

mik15
October 24th, 2012, 17:48
actually the ones i found are 19", 8.5J, offset 32 - do they fit? I would go with 255/35/19 Pirelli Pzero!

http://i48.tinypic.com/27zf0n8.jpg

kday
October 24th, 2012, 19:08
I like the look of those. I think the ideal road wheel has 5 spokes.

That's an unconventional location for the valve stem...

AndyBG
October 24th, 2012, 19:08
I always loved ABT very much, so if those you have on offer are original wheels and good price, go for them!

mik15
October 24th, 2012, 19:19
i kind of like them too and if i get them resprayed gun metal i think they would look better :), what do you say?
now that you mentioned i noticed too, it is an unconventional location for the valve stem :)
regarding the price, honestly i have no idea how much do they go for, but the price i got looks a good one to me, he's asking for $1350, maybe i can get him to go lower...

Stephencl
October 24th, 2012, 19:30
That's a killer price. They were 4k new. Yes they will fit, and yes I love them!

Stephen

Spidercat
October 24th, 2012, 21:41
Best looking wheels out there, IMO! Obviously, wheels are one of the most subjective things on your car, so get them if you like them. My opinion is that a solid, muscular car like the RS6 just doesn't look right on delicate-looking wheels.
I waited two years to find a set of these, since they had been discontinued (they are BBS wheels made especially for Abt). They've been on the car about 2-3 years now. I have the same size/offset:

13077 13078

The offset is fine, but I put 8mm hub-centric/wheel-centric spacers on them just to get them perfect. An added bonus is that they are the easiest wheels to clean ever. Mine are brilliant silver, but they are a little dirty in these pix. I think they actually look a little better with a little brake dust on them, and they do get pretty dark with more dust, obviously. As far as color, here are titanium ones that I passed on for your reference (color wasn't for me on a black car with aluminum trim, but that's just my opinion):
Looks great on a black optics car, however.

That's a great price, by the way. Good luck whatever you decide!

Smiler
October 25th, 2012, 23:02
Looks great :) but 8,5" njä...