PDA

View Full Version : Brake change question

Stephencl
October 24th, 2012, 02:40
Changing both front and rear rotors and pads, what else should I buy besides the rotors and pads? Any anti squeal pads etc that should be changed?

Also, who makes the best full control arm kit? Have toasted upper control arm bushings, thought I would just do the full lot.

Thanks guys.

Stephen

kday
October 24th, 2012, 03:23
The pads -- at least the ones I bought (Hawk HPS) -- come with the backing pads. So just rotors & pads, at least for the front.

mik15
October 24th, 2012, 05:46
i bought the full control arm kit made by Meyle HD, actually they are the only ones doing the lower control arm for RS6, besides the OEM one, which is a bit different than the regular A6, having a washer on both sides of the bush, probably for reinforcement!

hahnmgh63
October 25th, 2012, 10:25
I would also only recommend the Meyle HD for OEM replacement, a bit better than the Bilstein or TRW bushings. For aftermarket for the to you could go with the Stearns but if your car isn't lowered (more camber when lowered), it wouldn't really make enough sense to spend the extra money on them (Spherical bearings instead of rubber bushings). Now if you want more of a track setup and don't mind a little clunking I have a set of OEM arms (complete) with the 034 Spherical bearing set top and bottom. I ran them for a while and while the car did turn in better and have a little tighter front end feel I finally got tired of the occasional clunking sound and went to a new set of Meyle's.

Jimmy
October 25th, 2012, 16:38
Also perhaps buy new front caliper pins (they come in an OE kit) ...they are sooo soft and mushroom as you try to free them. Might as well make it all new I say.

I had to destroy mine to get them out...but then again, I drive mine in the winters up here and get corrosion and such.