PDA

View Full Version : Broken cable for hood.

Brambo
October 21st, 2012, 23:05
Long story short. Spent about 18 grand getting the rs6 fixed for my cousin. Get it home 3 hours away from the shop. Hood won't open, AC don't work and the very first time I take it out the battery light comes on. Well no cell service on my mountain so I race home, headlights go out, every bell and buzzer goes crazy. Car sputters into the garage. Anyway charged the battery but I think the alternator or fuse related to it went out. Can't open the hood, any ideas? By the way driving 30 miles with your head out the window to see the line in the road like a dog in a pickup is not easy.

lswing
October 22nd, 2012, 01:51
Bummer man, glad you made it back...sounds like your mechanic needs to fix a few more things.

kevin
October 22nd, 2012, 02:34
Short answer.. Fucked up..

October 22nd, 2012, 03:07
Short answer.. Fucked up..

Fucked over...

alrightroad
October 22nd, 2012, 03:10
Damn. sounds like alternator. mine exhibited same symptoms when it went. (not the hood latch!)

October 22nd, 2012, 03:22
Could be just one wire on the alternator got left off.....and the hood latch cable didn't get reconnected at the latch (when you put it in the service position). But for 18k??!! YGBSM....

TozoM8
October 22nd, 2012, 05:05
It could be a loose ground cable from the engine to the frame. It could cause the same symptoms.

Brambo
October 22nd, 2012, 17:35
It could be a loose ground cable from the engine to the frame. It could cause the same symptoms.

Can I see that from underneath? I can't get the hood open. If I could get the hood open, I could fix it. By the way your transmision rebuild is solid, thanks.

Brambo
October 23rd, 2012, 02:15
There was allot wrong with the car. Transmission turbos, intakes, broken motor mounts timing belt nerver done, water pump, power steering, and about everything else you can think of . Shop was 14 grand, 3 grand for the transmision and 1000 core charge for the transmision that the shipping company ate up sending it to the wrong place and wouldn't change the address ect... Big pain in the ass. All I can say is I should have shipped the entire car to Tozo. But the shop didn't screw me over, it did a good job. Few problems, but i ran out of money. Well myself and my cousin who owns the car thats in Afghanistan. The transmission tozo built for me is incredibly smooth, and with the ACE torque converter it just flat out hooks up. The car was really toasted. My cousin chose resurrection over parting out for this car. We knew it would cost allot of money. Honestly I hope he sells it and gets a Prius, but you can't junk a machine like this. It's just to awesome.

October 23rd, 2012, 02:33
There was allot wrong with the car. Transmision turbos, intakes, broken motor mounts timing belt nerver done, water pump, power steering, and about everything else you can think of . Shop was 14 grand, 3 grand for the transmision and 1000 core charge for the transmision that the shipping company ate up sending it to the wrong place and wouldn't change the address ect... Big pain in the ass.

That sux....got to get the hood open to start....is it at the pull or at the latch?

Brambo
October 23rd, 2012, 04:14
It's not under the dash. On the bug wacking end or somewhere in between.

My cousin said to grab the little plastic tab that usually pops out to open the hood with pliers and it takes more force then you would expect. Kinda worried, I'm a Marine and I'm thinking what's left of that tab might be on the vise grips while the cars on top of me. Just don't want to add to the FUBAR.

October 23rd, 2012, 04:25
Luckily, you don't have to open the hood to charge the bat.....but the bat on a charger for starters and see how many probs you got.....I'm guessing the hood latch wasn't put back after the front was put in the service position.