PDA

View Full Version : A question?

amanda
October 19th, 2012, 14:03
Does anyone know of a company that makes uprated clutch packs for the c5 Rs 6? I can find loads for the manual v8 engine but have drawn a blank at our chocolate box one :(

amanda
October 19th, 2012, 22:38
So no one can answer this?.......I would of thought some of our American boys might be able to help me.

lswing
October 19th, 2012, 23:20
I know that TozoM8 uses upgraded clutch packs for a rebuild. So do a few other companies, maybe they will weigh in. What's up with the trans? Slipping? You make sure fluid is topped off? Plus you've got some serious extra power in that beast iirc...

amanda
October 19th, 2012, 23:57
Thank you for the reply ......it's not the ACE tc this is my clutch kit attached to trannie box which is standard on the box. I need a seriously uprated clutch kit to handle the serious torque which my car has before the clutch breaks :(

lswing
October 20th, 2012, 00:10
No reference by me towards the TC....the two clutch packs are in the trans, is this outside the trans or something? Inside there is the clutch pack for gears 1-4, and 4-5 I believe. That help or more confusing? What is your torque number?

amanda
October 20th, 2012, 00:36
I need a clutch kit for a trannie rs6 c5 that will take 1100nms of torque I do not have dsg or haldex .....;) I just need some one to help me :)

lswing
October 20th, 2012, 02:31
Sounds good! I believe you've already got a upgraded TC. Sooooo, donor trans $1k, rebuild with seals and upgraded clutch packs $4k, swap by mech $2k. That's about what i was looking at, just don't have the $7k sitting around right now, cheers! Hope you get it sorted so you can have fun with all that power, that thing must be a beast!

Look what I just found, this help?

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/20525-IPT-Transmission-upgrade