PDA

View Full Version : tune for 2013rs5??

peiserg
October 14th, 2012, 20:40
Guys my friend just bought new rs5 and wants a reglash... who and where to get one? Thanks!

Erik
October 15th, 2012, 07:17
Sorry, but what's a reglash?

(What's your location?)

The Pretender
October 15th, 2012, 19:54
I think he ment "reflash" but i think he wants a remap (Chip tuning).

Here is one: Audi A5 RS5 4.2 FSI 450 ECU Remap (2010-) (http://www.more-bhp.com/a4/audi-a5-rs5-42-fsi-450-tuner-protected-remap.html)

youry
October 18th, 2012, 03:40
if he is in the belgium area w will be happy to do it but he needs to knwo that the gains are really limited 18-28hp which si not like you feel a huge difference on this car... maybe the most interestign part is the VMAX removal.

the cool thing to do on a RS5 is to chnage the exhsust by and HMS one, that is a hige change in the driving impression and experience, a very cheap mod is to chnage the air filters adn that give a 6-8hp gain with very cheap investment so that is worst is (got a couple sets on stock). more info by email: youry@rsquattro.com

for all these parts w can hsip to him wherever he resides, for teh ECU tuning if he lives far from belgium I m sure other people on this forum can indicate a closer palce for that.

peiserg
October 19th, 2012, 01:06
yes reflash guys. this is in phoenix, az USA. he told me car was turbo v8 so i assumed there'd be easy HP to gain... guess it's NA? I didn't really check i just assumed he knew his car..

youry
October 19th, 2012, 03:13
my gosh I can't understand people that dont' even know what they have under their bonnet...

Andyuk911
October 19th, 2012, 16:14
yes reflash guys. this is in phoenix, az USA. he told me car was turbo v8 so i assumed there'd be easy HP to gain... guess it's NA? I didn't really check i just assumed he knew his car..

:0:

Yep it is quad turbo, 2 each side ..... hence the words Quattro ...... :lovl:

hahnmgh63
November 12th, 2012, 14:28
The RS5 motor is a slightly modified version of the B7 RS4 motor (same as V8 R8). Just bumped from 420bhp to 450bhp, normally aspirated. Not much a flash is going to do for it as Youry said, maybe a slight gain but not much on a modern performance non-turbo motor. That's why I wouldn't touch a RS5, more modern car, better tranny than ours for sure as far as performance but only a little lighter and a lot less Torque. Wait for the next version with the Turbo V8.

The Pretender
November 12th, 2012, 16:11
The RS5 motor is a slightly modified version of the B7 RS4 motor (same as V8 R8). Just bumped from 420bhp to 450bhp, normally aspirated. Not much a flash is going to do for it as Youry said, maybe a slight gain but not much on a modern performance non-turbo motor. That's why I wouldn't touch a RS5, more modern car, better tranny than ours for sure as far as performance but only a little lighter and a lot less Torque. Wait for the next version with the Turbo V8.
Next RS5 will not get a V8 turbo.
It will get a complete new Twin turbo V6.

hahnmgh63
November 12th, 2012, 18:46
That is what I meant a V8 Turbo, most likely the new 4.0T which has been getting great reviews. Going back to a Turbo is better for the enthusiast and the aftermarket since it is much easier to get more power out of a Turbo than a normally aspirated motor.