View Full Version : DId AUDI stop producing their RS6 line now?

Julian Yang
October 29th, 2003, 11:42
one of my collegue wants to order RS6 now, however he said someone in AUDI dealer says' RS6 is an limited Edition so AUDI already made only 600 of them, and If you want to buy one ,you would have find one which have been made and distributed to a dealership as an stock in GERMANY' Is that right? :trash:

Nordschleife
October 29th, 2003, 12:06
Audi are making lots of RS6s, sales in Europe will cease at year end, if you need one from a European dealer, contact me off-line.
Robin

TaTaPiRaTa
October 29th, 2003, 19:07
How many RS6s is Audi is doing ?
How many were build / will be build in total ?

Nobody was able to answer these questions so far....

Nordschleife
October 29th, 2003, 19:30
Marcin
Nobody will know until the year end

R+C

Erik
October 29th, 2003, 19:36
Originally posted by TaTaPiRaTa
How many RS6s is Audi is doing ?
How many were build / will be build in total ?

Nobody was able to answer these questions so far....

The RS6 is not limited in any way, at least not outside USA.
But in the USA they seem to import as many as they think the market can handle before 2004.

My data is very old, from when the RS6 was new so it makes no sense to say Audi produced 800 (I think) RS6s the first year.

gjg
October 29th, 2003, 21:11
My Avant is scheduled for production in January 2004 ...... so much for "special" options and extra 6-8 weeks delivery time. Oh well, I'll wait.
gg

JAXRS6
October 30th, 2003, 06:27
My Audi of America Owner Advocate said a couple of weeks ago that AoA was bringing "a little over a thousand" RS6s to the States, ending this year. I mentioned a figure I'd read of 1200 (for U.S.) and he said that's probably about right. But he also made clear that AoA is not releasing any specific figure.

360M
October 30th, 2003, 07:18
I'd be surprised if the RS6 were even imported to Korea. If it were, it would cost well in excess of US$150,000. (A new Mercedes S430 there is over $130,000). Add to that the lower image of Audi in a country where Mercedes and BMW are the status quo and I just can't see the demand there.

Anyway, shoot me an email. I have a friend who imports luxury cars to Korea.

Julian Yang
October 30th, 2003, 10:30
The first shipment of RS6s are on the way home,Seoul KOREA in December.
Only 6 of them are coming , and about to sell $145,000 US which are about $20,000 US expensive than 2003 M5.
Everybody knows RS6 is one of the fastest sedan in the world, and positioned its their dream car here.
one of my brother just ordered S4 tiptronic black Avant with Oettinger tunnings,and it will take 10 to 11 weeks to be delivered.
We are very much getting excited to get beasts......
there is AUDI RS6,S4 syndrome developed so far in here
Peace guys and thanks to ur replies....:addict:

gmbh6
October 30th, 2003, 20:03
...and i'm not talking turntables. (US)

such a shame. they would have made less if they knew people were going to be cancelling their orders. :addict:

TaTaPiRaTa
October 30th, 2003, 21:00
Originally posted by Nordschleife
Marcin
Nobody will know until the year end

R+C

ok, but any idea of number of produced units so far in total. In US they claim to have under 1000 shipped. How many in Europe?

Maybe somebody knows the daily production capacity of the factory? Anybody had a excursion to quattro factory?

just curious.

gmbh6
October 30th, 2003, 21:09
ok, but any idea of number of produced units so far in total. In US they claim to have under 1000 shipped. How many in Europe?

Maybe somebody knows the daily production capacity of the factory? Anybody had a excursion to quattro factory?

just curious.
sound more like your a spy for bmw or mbz :eye:

Erik
October 31st, 2003, 08:59
The figure I heard was that they can make 20-25 RS6 / day.

rs6w
November 1st, 2003, 06:45
Originally posted by Erik
The RS6 is not limited in any way, at least not outside USA.
But in the USA they seem to import as many as they think the market can handle before 2004.

It was my understanding that RS6 production would end Dec31 since new emission regulations in Europe and the US would take affect and the RS6 would not pass.

I would suspect Audi wouldn't make any further cars when the two largest markets for it were closed.

TaTaPiRaTa
November 3rd, 2003, 21:51
Originally posted by rs6w
It was my understanding that RS6 production would end Dec31 since new emission regulations in Europe and the US would take affect and the RS6 would not pass.

I would suspect Audi wouldn't make any further cars when the two largest markets for it were closed.

I don't think this is true for EUROPE. I heard there will be no imports to USA, but how do you know about Germany for instance?

rs6w
November 4th, 2003, 05:28
I don't think this is true for EUROPE. I heard there will be no imports to USA, but how do you know about Germany for instance?

I believe I had seen it in a magazine, possibly CAR or Top Gear. Cause I remember the comment about new European emission regulations which the RS6 could not pass.

Nordschleife
November 4th, 2003, 09:38
There is a new European Emissions standard which comes into force on 1 January 2004. The RS6 does not meet this standard, so, unless the engine is reprogrammed/modified the car cannot be sold in the EU.
The car easily meets CA, North East and US standards.

R+C

gjg
November 4th, 2003, 10:42
that (new EU reg) does not apply for Central/Eastern Europe at this point. Fortunately .....

Nordschleife
November 4th, 2003, 11:24
Originally posted by gjg
that (new EU reg) does not apply for Central/Eastern Europe at this point. Fortunately .....

......;. and when are you joining the EU, George?

gjg
November 4th, 2003, 12:28
if it was up to me, never ...... otherwise May 2004.