PDA

View Full Version : Strut Mounts - any in particular or just the regular A6?

mik15
October 7th, 2012, 08:55
my ST coilovers system is on its way so thought that i should also change the strut mounts, however i couldn't find any on ecs, could you please help me with some part numbers for all 4? Should i go with the OEM ones or Meyle/Lemforder will do? Also, is there anything else that i should change now that i am ditching the DRC? Thanks a lot guys!

alrightroad
October 7th, 2012, 21:36
You will have to let us know how those ST's perform. Hopefully good bang for the buck.

mik15
October 8th, 2012, 04:59
i hope so too :), we have another member who is already using them for a while now, Techguru, he is very pleased so far with the result! In terms of price is almost as with the Koni's, a bit more expensive but hopefully the end result will be at least the same with the advantage of height adjustment :) ! So...what about those mounts, any advice?

mik15
October 9th, 2012, 10:45
found the part numbers and now ordering, has anyone replaced these parts by their own? I want to do it myself, it doesn't seem too complicated, however i am not sure if i will need a spring compressor....Will i? i am about to order the parts from ecs and not sure if to order the compressor or not?