PDA

View Full Version : First Check Engine Light

Chuck
October 2nd, 2012, 23:24
Hey guys, I have been reading all your posts daily, and I am slowly getting educated because of your fantastic stuff in the forum, my beast is Vin # 905104 Daytona Grey, Silver, Black Exhaust Tips, Nav, Carbon and still completely stock, 42,000 rolled. Had some Codes today 17863 Exhaust Gas Temp Sensor 1 (G235) Implausible Signal P1455 N - or A Plausible Signal Intermittent. - 17585. Bank 2 O2 Sensor Correction behind Catalyst Control Limit R - P1177 Upper Limit Reached.
I had it reset and so far check engine still off! Any ideas if I get this again?
Thanks

ben916
October 3rd, 2012, 00:04
Added you to the list

perhaps an O2 sensor is bad or the connection came loose in the engine compartment.
IIRC, front O2 sensors are a bitch to get to...

lswing
October 3rd, 2012, 03:46
First???....good lord man, think I'm on 15th....

Anyhow, since stock, might just be sensors or wiring as mentioned. I'm a bit tuned and O2's have been getting pissy, might have toasted them with too much heat. You could be running lean for some reason?

Update location please...

4everRS
October 3rd, 2012, 03:56
I would let it go for now. If they come back up, you've got problems.

Front O2's and EGT sensors replacement requires lowering the rear of the motor a few inches to get access. Can be done with a transverse bar.

I highly doubt your running lean if stock. Stock tuning is notoriously rich.

Welcome to the board.

Chuck
October 5th, 2012, 03:21
Thanks, have been using BND ACES fuel formula, Talked to Brian numerous times, seems like a fantastic product and engine runs better, so hope the byproduct of combustion with this stuff is not doing something? Also, does anybody notice a somewhat increase in engine performance below the 1/4 tank level, and it is not simply less weight, it seem real?