PDA

View Full Version : C5 RS6 and B 5 RS4 Mirrors

sx3mac
October 1st, 2012, 22:19
Does anyone know if the B5 RS4 has the same mirrors as the C5 RS6. It looks to be the same, but want to know if anyone knows for certain. Thank you.

Spidercat
October 1st, 2012, 22:36
Does anyone know if the B5 RS4 has the same mirrors as the C5 RS6. It looks to be the same, but want to know if anyone knows for certain. Thank you.

The B5 S4 side mirror glass fits the C5 RS6 (think B5 RS4 and S4 have the same mirrors). Direct replacement glass, not sure about entire mirror housing.

I have the euro split-view blind-spot side mirror glass from a B5 S4 on my car.
I bought them from ECS, btw. No auto-dim or anti-dazzle (whatever it's called), but I like them much more than stock w/stick-on blind spot mirrors, FWIW.

4everRS
October 1st, 2012, 23:19
The B5 S4 side mirror glass fits the C5 RS6 (think B5 RS4 and S4 have the same mirrors). Direct replacement glass, not sure about entire mirror housing.

I have the euro split-view blind-spot side mirror glass from a B5 S4 on my car.
I bought them from ECS, btw. No auto-dim or anti-dazzle (whatever it's called), but I like them much more than stock w/stick-on blind spot mirrors, FWIW.are they heated?

Spidercat
October 2nd, 2012, 00:44
are they heated?

Yessir!

I believe I got these a few years ago:
http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B5_S4--2.7T/Exterior/Mirrors/ES3605/

I really like them. I had already set my mirrors tilted out correctly (so I can't see the side of my own car), and these give an even wider field of view. Again, much better than the stick-ons.

One caveat: they appear to have a blue-ish tint, just like the picture. It wouldn't bother me that much, except that the month prior I bought a set for my wife's A4 which looked just like OEM (no blue tint), so that's what I was expecting when I opened the box. I thought it was a protective film at first. Anyway, all the B5 glass looks blue-ish, though, from the searching I did at the time. Guess it's just what that aftermarket munufacturer used.

sx3mac
October 2nd, 2012, 01:56
Does anyone know if the silver housings are the same?

ben916
October 2nd, 2012, 05:32
Does anyone know if the silver housings are the same?

I would have to look it up on ETKA

sx3mac
October 2nd, 2012, 06:46
Ben if you can do that, Ill buy you a beer if you ever come over to the east coast. Right now where I am at I do not have access to this currently.

Thanks-

ben916
October 3rd, 2012, 05:11
RS4 part number
LEFT - 8E0 857 527 A 1L1
RIGHT - 8E0 857 527 1L1 (yes the A is missing)

RS6 part number
LEFT - 4B1 858 499 L 1L1
RIGHT - 4B1 858 500 L 1L1 (yes the L is there)

I would say they are different

sx3mac
October 3rd, 2012, 19:01
Ben,

you are the man. Thank you for the research and quick reply. I wanted to know because I was looking at some Carbon Fiber covers for the mirrors that looked like they would fit, but they say they are for an RS4. Oh well.