PDA

View Full Version : RS6 would make a sweet cop car...

lswing
October 1st, 2012, 06:09
Got an alarm at 10:30 last night saying motion was activated in my garage. Missed the security call watching the Ducks game with friends. Figuring security had been called I hauled ass home to meet them. Open roads and the car is amazing, cool night, lots of power. I've been bottoming her out more though, stock springs let the bottom skid on small bumps at 50. Anyhow, my cat had tripped the alarm, good thing since FrontPoint f'd up and didn't even call the right security to respond, doh! Felt good that I had my Sig on me, and that my cat showed me FrontPoint's crappy call system.

Two things, rs6 alone on open roads dominates, call your security company to verify they know who to call, peace!

October 2nd, 2012, 01:12
Can't beat the RS6 on the open road, but if it is intimidation that you are looking for, nothing beats this....

Glad you didn't shoot the cat.

alrightroad
October 2nd, 2012, 04:19
Sig FTW.

ben916
October 2nd, 2012, 05:27
Can't beat the RS6 on the open road, but if it is intimidation that you are looking for, nothing beats this....

Glad you didn't shoot the cat.

Yes, the red shoes are very intimidating.
Unless there is a set of "agents" and a hidden blue/red lights in the grill and a rear cage...

Bigglezworth
October 3rd, 2012, 00:29

Glad you didn't shoot the cat.A Mercury Marauder? Too much like an Impala SS. Big and black.

October 3rd, 2012, 00:53
A Mercury Marauder? Too much like an Impala SS. Big and black.

Not a Marauder :) The genesis of the the Marauder, Kenny Brown Crown Vic with a blower. The one on MotorWeek. Not nearly as civilized and fast as the RS, but twice as fun to roll up behind people on the freeway :)

lswing
October 3rd, 2012, 03:39
Is that why people get out of my way on the freeway with the rs6? I usually roll up quick, but cars really get out of my way, thanks!

October 3rd, 2012, 04:00
I figure the wife could drive the RS and I could drive the Vic across the country at 140 and no on would bat an eye...."eh, the boss has him" is the comment. My RS is fast, but my Vic makes me feel bulletproof.

ben916
October 3rd, 2012, 04:36
I bet people get nervous with you bombing up fast on them in the 'Vic...

vitalian
October 3rd, 2012, 15:50
My job involves working directly with cops, and believe me, they are VERY bummed out that Ford has discontinued the Crown Vic. Several agencies in my area are switching to the Chevy Caprice, with a smattering of Dodge Chargers thrown into the fleet, but the Crown Vic is an icon.