PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber Trim

Greg341
September 30th, 2012, 06:50
Anyone have a set they want to sell? Several pieces of mine are cracked. I know ocarbon has some nice sets but they don't match the RS6 color.

Thanks!

ben916
September 30th, 2012, 20:27
They come up every so often.

If you search for srmorse, I think, and he has quite a few parts for the RS6 f/s.

Here ->http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/24847-RS6-parts-FS-link-to-photos?highlight=

Greg341
September 30th, 2012, 20:59
They come up every so often.

If you search for srmorse, I think, and he has quite a few parts for the RS6 f/s.

Here ->http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/24847-RS6-parts-FS-link-to-photos?highlight=

Thank you! PM sent.

Jimmy
October 1st, 2012, 12:17
I also have a piece for sale...the shift surround. Its OE Rs6...$85 shipped.

It's in great shape. Anyone want? PM me.

Greg341
October 1st, 2012, 18:38
I also have a piece for sale...the shift surround. Its OE Rs6...$85 shipped.

It's in great shape. Anyone want? PM me.

I'm in need of the one above the glove box with the "Quattro" emblem. I guess that's the one that typically cracks the most? Mine looks like someone hit it with a hammer...:( A new one from Audi is something like $450 plus shipping. I'm sure those are flying off the shelves for that price.:lovl:

Jimmy
October 2nd, 2012, 14:58
I know, the CF is way more $$ new than the wood veneered stuff...

Try some places like www.shokan.com (http://www.shokan.com) too.

Dynmicracr
October 2nd, 2012, 21:16
What do you mean the ocarbon ones dont match? Don't they replace all the pieces?

Brav
October 2nd, 2012, 21:51
What do you mean the ocarbon ones dont match? Don't they replace all the pieces?

If you replaced all of them with ocarbon, you would be fine. But the weave is different than OEM so a single piece would not match. In my opinion, ocarbon looks better than OEM anyway, as OEM is not 100% full carbon, hence the white tones.

Dynmicracr
October 2nd, 2012, 22:26
If you replaced all of them with ocarbon, you would be fine. But the weave is different than OEM so a single piece would not match. In my opinion, ocarbon looks better than OEM anyway, as OEM is not 100% full carbon, hence the white tones.

Ah, ok. That makes sense. Because I had always understood that to be a good solution for the price. Once you have $600 to throw at a mod that doesn't add horsepower, anyway. ;)

ben916
October 3rd, 2012, 00:06
I would want the Plus carbon (has blue in it)

alrightroad
October 3rd, 2012, 00:53
Also, remember that if you buy full set of ocarbon, they require a wood set to be sent in as a core. And, they dont sell pieces. Only full kit.

Greg341
October 3rd, 2012, 03:51
Does it have to be a wood set? I could send in my CF set...what worries me about buying a "new" piece from Audi is how new is it really? Has it been sitting around in some warehouse since 2003? The clear that is apparently prone to cracking could be brittle. I'm sure my daughter would check it out right away when she sticks her feet on my dash.:(

Anyway, o'carbon sounds like the best bet even though it's not a match to the OEM. I can't say I'm crazy about the OEM color anyway.

alrightroad
October 3rd, 2012, 11:07
Can just pick up a used wood set from ebay from any C5 and send it in. Hell, I'll buy a wood set and send to you if you send me your OEM carbon set :) Please dont send it to ocarbon !!.. Send to me and I'll pay shipping..

Greg341
October 4th, 2012, 04:06
LOL! Unfortunately most of the trim pieces are cracked in one spot or another so I wouldn't think anyone would want it in their RS6. Most of this car's life was spent in Southern California and I suppose the former owner didn't take the necessary steps to keep the interior cooler when the temps hit triple digits. The tint on the back window was even bubbled.