PDA

View Full Version : Any Forum History for this RS6

topcat_92
September 28th, 2012, 00:30
A buddy who loves RS6's spotted this one for sale in the Seattle area: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/3297768280.html Curious if this is a forum owner or if there is any VIN history for it.

My buddy and I may check it out this weekend if we can get our schedules to sort out. $21,888 seems like a low price for 84K miles from a dealer, mabe too low.

Thanks for any input.

September 28th, 2012, 04:21
Docs on the car? Trans done? Timing belt? DRC? Could be cheap...could cost you 8k in the first 3 months.

ben916
September 28th, 2012, 05:03
um Scott, you have my number for the VIN list (which happens to be a work)
I can meet there tomorrow at lunch if you like?

My guess is that it needs:
1. Timing Belt (plugs, coil packs)
2. Rotors
3. Tires
4. A Cabin Air Filter
5. Transmission Flush/Fill.

What would be better if all the SEATTLE peeps show up on Saturday!

repda503
September 28th, 2012, 07:39
Just for reference I bought my RS6 at 86k for $21,500. However it did need the timing belt (plugs, coil packs) and a fluid flush. Came with PSS9's. Had new tires too. And I live in Portland which is relatively close to Seattle.

ben916
September 28th, 2012, 21:03
OK, so just got back from looking at this car:

1. Mugello Blue exterior
2. Silver Interior
3. OEM 9 spoke
4. Warm Weather Package (rear deck shade, rear passenger door shades)
5. SE exhaust
6. $hitty clear bra
7. Carbon trim

Exterior Issues:
Driver's side front fender - Large scraps near hood
All rims are messed up - possibly need a serious cleaning
All rotors have lips
Crap no name tires

Interior issues:
Typical wear on leather spots on the seat
The seats need a serious cleaning.
Typical wear on that rubber handle on door cards
Headlight switch was fine
climate control buttons were fine
OEM owners manual was about 1/2 there in the glove box
Not 100% sure all interior floor mats were there.
trunk button missing
The trunk has a serious amount of white $hit in both sides of the storage areas...?!?!

Now the kicker:
Upon popping the hood, it looked like nearly every hose, support, misc item had been replaced (meaning NEW).
The tip off was the O2 sensors covers were brand new, then I looked at the hoses and the radiator and the support - brand new.
Before purchasing this one, it needs to be on a lift and perhaps a car fax.
Something fishy about this one....

EDIT:
It has radar, I only found the front mounted one, the control? is where the manual/lead vitamin dispenser is normally kept. There is a small led at the base of the driver's A pillar.

bmwade
September 29th, 2012, 01:53
the manual/lead vitamin dispenser

The what?

as350
September 29th, 2012, 02:13
The what?

LOL, I think he means the owner's manual storage cubicle below the steering wheel.

JSRS6
September 29th, 2012, 02:54
LOL, I think he means the owner's manual storage cubicle below the steering wheel.

lead vitamin dispenser: pistol. Great place to put one :-)

ben916
September 29th, 2012, 04:11
well, someone in San Diego left his lead vitamin dispenser in that location at a service interval and the service manager called him to let him know that he left it there; somewhat embarrassing.

lswing
September 29th, 2012, 05:48
lead vitamin dispenser: pistol. Great place to put one :-)

I've been using the door pocket myself. It's a left hand grab, but very accessible. Sig P238 btw, nice little piece to cc.

Ok, back to original car...white stuff, mold, salt, me thinks Katrina car? Ben, thanks for checking it out!

ben916
October 2nd, 2012, 18:00
I've been using the door pocket myself. It's a left hand grab, but very accessible. Sig P238 btw, nice little piece to cc.

Ok, back to original car...white stuff, mold, salt, me thinks Katrina car? Ben, thanks for checking it out!

That is an interesting idea/theory.
IF it is, there should be a salvage title on it.

Also, the fuel door actuator is missing/non functional.

mmaturo
October 3rd, 2012, 16:33
Sounds like a complete skip. My car with 86K on it when i traded it in was in much better shape interior and exterior. Plenty of better condition ones out there to start with.

ttboost
October 3rd, 2012, 18:42
I'd probably still let mine go for $22k-$24k or so and it needs nothing. Might even negotiate with 2 sets of wheels. Black interior too...