PDA

View Full Version : 2003 RS6 in Orance County, CA. 188k, $13995

September 25th, 2012, 18:59
This car is on Autotrader. I had a prepurchase done on it and decided to pass. Any members interested in this car and want the report, PM me.

Orange....I really should proofread...

4.2Crew
September 25th, 2012, 19:46
188k miles!... Wow! I like seeing this kinda mileage---gives us hope of a long happy ownership.

Brav
September 25th, 2012, 20:14
I think the sweet spot with higher mileage, well maintained cars would be between 140-190k miles.. Anything possible that will go wrong has, and half of the car should be new by then. 188k! wow. No one believes that my car has 160k miles. hell, I ain't far behind..

Man, no way I would sell my car for 14k. EVER. Especially after my 6 speed.

JSRS6
September 25th, 2012, 20:26
That reminds me, gotta go clean my car.

lswing
September 25th, 2012, 21:02
That reminds me, gotta go clean my car.

I swear my car runs better when clean...

bmwade
September 26th, 2012, 01:34
I had a prepurchase done on it and decided to pass.

I'm mildly interested, Did your inspection include anything that would confirm the 550hp? Also I'm curious why you passed?

September 26th, 2012, 01:46
I'm mildly interested, Did your inspection include anything that would confirm the 550hp? Also I'm curious why you passed?

Well, I passed because I already have one RS and a wife and I wanted to keep them both! The inspection was fairly cursory but the guy that did it was positive on the car. I figured at 188k the trans was done but couldn't confirm by who or when. The timing belt had no records. Brakes were reported as good. Minor leaks. I/C's leaked slightly by the pics. GAIC chipped which is about $2500 from what I can tell (this got me interested). I was comparing this to an RS on eBay in Colorado for 21.5 with a new trans, recent timing belt, lower front control arms and 99k miles. Pretty easy to drop 5k in maintenance for one of these.

And if it wasn't Mugello blue with silver (to make a matching pair) I wouldn't have considered it.

September 26th, 2012, 01:48

Well, I passed because I already have one RS and a wife and I wanted to keep them both! The inspection was fairly cursory but the guy that did it was positive on the car. I figured at 188k the trans was done but couldn't confirm by who or when. The timing belt had no records. Brakes were reported as good. Minor leaks. I/C's leaked slightly by the pics. GAIC chipped which is about $2500 from what I can tell (this got me interested). I was comparing this to an RS on eBay in Colorado for 21.5 with a new trans, recent timing belt, lower front control arms and 99k miles. Pretty easy to drop 5k in maintenance for one of these.

And if it wasn't Mugello blue with silver (to make a matching pair) I wouldn't have considered it.

Clean one owner Carfax was appealing too.

bmwade
September 26th, 2012, 02:03
Well, I passed because I already have one RS and a wife and I wanted to keep them both!

Fortunately I am not yet afflicted with this dilemma so the car is a possibility for me.

Pretty easy to drop 5k in maintenance for one of these.!

I found out about this the hard way in the last month...