PDA

View Full Version : Remote Engiine Start !!

Elevens
September 25th, 2012, 02:49
Anyone have or ever contemplated installing a Remote engine Start system. Don't even know if its possible with our cars due to the Immobilizer, but I sure would like to have one. Any further information on the topic would be greatly appreciated.....

speedtrapped
September 25th, 2012, 02:53
Mine had one, it can be done. I forget the name of the system, but u had to buy an extra key, code it and it sat wired in a box under the dash, thru the auto start system. Worked flawless, and NE winters, was great for warming up the car.

Elevens
September 25th, 2012, 03:14
Yea thanks speed I figured you'd have to defeat the Immobilizer some how. I guess a Key fob with out the key would be the easiest way, unless you could defeat the Immobilizer altogether. I am going to look further into this and relay all relevant Information to the Forum......................

JSRS6
September 25th, 2012, 03:20
I have one...:hihi:

Elevens
September 25th, 2012, 03:23
I have one...:hihi:

How does it work??

JSRS6
September 25th, 2012, 03:42
http://i.qkme.me/3p64ir.jpg

4everRS
September 25th, 2012, 04:04
Haha. Josh you're goofy.

Go with astrostart. Like speed said, you'll need a spare key. I had one installed on the '99 a6 I had before the rs6. Worked really well. I've very strongly contemplated doing one on the beast.

Wait a minute. What the hell do you need remote start for? You're in FL right? Your 50 degree nights to cold for ya?;)

Elevens
September 25th, 2012, 04:17
Haha. Josh you're goofy.

Go with astrostart. Like speed said, you'll need a spare key. I had one installed on the '99 a6 I had before the rs6. Worked really well. I've very strongly contemplated doing one on the beast.

Wait a minute. What the hell do you need remote start for? You're in FL right? Your 50 degree nights to cold for ya?;)

Thanks I'll look into Astrostart. Down hear you cool down the car before you enter, and besides I always Idle my car for at least a minute before I roll. Just a habit I guess......................

JSRS6
September 25th, 2012, 10:59
Thank you, thank you. The system I have is Smartstart by viper. You can have it installed for free at any bestbuy. It is a great system. Not only can you start from a long way off with the fob it comes with, you can also start with you iPhone. 99% sure they also have an android app. You can get the same system without the smart start module for cheaper. Viper, Clifford, a few other companies make it, all under directed electronics. Google it :-)

mrdave
September 25th, 2012, 15:13
There's nothing special about installing a remote start in our cars other than the immobilizer bypass module that's needed, as mentioned above. It's basically a little box that you will need to place an extra key in, which will be activated when the remote start button is pushed.

As far as best buy... I'd recommend a reputable local shop instead. Also, their "free" installation is only for the basic stuff - they charge an arm and a leg for the immobilizer stuff.

JSRS6
September 25th, 2012, 20:30
The only thing that sucks is i cant just remote start. I have to unlock, remote start, then lock. unlocking disables the immobilizer. but i can do it anywhere in the world, which was nice when my friend dropped my car off at the airport right before i got back from the 'stan a couple weeks ago. He iMessaged me to tell me he parked it and put the keys inside and stood there for a sec while i opened the app and locked the car...in kuwait.