PDA

View Full Version : RS6.com - 10 years in September 2002 - 2012

Erik
September 18th, 2012, 12:26
Yes, it's true!

I started www.RS6.com 10 years ago.

The background in short is I had an A6 2.7T (MTM) and there were rumors that Audi were developing something to compete with the BMW M5 and others.

I setup a forum, worked hard to get things 'active' and rolling and with help from moderators and members this place is what it is today.

Now the 3:rd generation RS6 is around the corner, and the range of S and RS cars from Audi is wider than ever before.
Also, let's not forget cars like the R8. Who could have dreamed about this 10 years ago?

Nowadays things are a bit different, I'm still a petrolhead but focus more on my family and competing with guns. :)
I'm doing the World Shoot in IPSC Shotgun next week for instance, so I don't have the time I did before to check each and every post.

The future? Well, who knows...but I'm certain it will be at least as exciting as the past 10 years have been.

Apart from some Google ads, the intention is to keep RS6.com commercial free.
All costs associated with running the forum are paid by myself, so it isn't exactly a money generator like some might believe (myself included :D )

lswing
September 18th, 2012, 13:55
Thanks Erik! Maybe a Paypal donation link?

Jimmy
September 18th, 2012, 14:18
Wow, congratulations RS6.com on its first decade !

X2, please set-up up a donation link to fuel the site.

Many thanks for getting/keeping this great site up Erik.

tantheman
September 18th, 2012, 14:52
Outstanding website! I would not have considered buying my RS6 unless it existed:-). x3 for any support we can provide...

vitalian
September 18th, 2012, 15:33
You can send Erik a PayPal payment via his email, which is linked in his signature.

EDIT - Please see post below for correct details. Thanks! / Erik

Erik
September 18th, 2012, 17:56
Post like these make RS6.com what I love with running this site.

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/24734-The-next-Audi-RS6-(2013-14)?p=239060&viewfull=1#post239060

Anyone who would like to donate is welcome to use erikb (at) ruf.se (mail doesn't work, but paypal will).

The money will go into running the site, renew vBulletin software etc.

I have RS related surprise gifts to the three highest donors, perhaps more. I will ship world wide.

:addict:

ben916
September 18th, 2012, 19:03
You can send Erik a PayPal payment via his email, which is linked in his signature.

EDIT - Please see post below for correct details. Thanks! / Erik

I don't have paypal but am willing to contribute with some SEATTLE peeps as I have found this website an invaluable resource for the C5 RS6 worldwide.
I wouldn't own this car nor be so passionate about it WITHOUT this website.

Erik, thanks for all your vision!

mik15
September 18th, 2012, 20:23
Congratulations and you're great man for setting up this site/community! The rs6 community is the best one i have ever came across, and i am activating on over 10 car forums, and i must say this is by far the best one, great quality people, very helpful and knowledgeable, a great place to be on and i am proud to be a part of it! Probably, if it wasn't for this forum i wouldn't have bought the car, i bought it knowing all the bad things, and still went ahead as i saw how everybody put up with it and kept on moving, after all the car really does worth all the effort! For me, the RS6 was a dream come true :)!

Thank you!

alrightroad
September 18th, 2012, 20:25
Congrats Erik!

Brav
September 18th, 2012, 22:55
Thank you, Erik!!! We have a similar forum put up by an enthusiast for the Noble M400s - invaluable resource. Enough can't be said.

And post a pic of your gun collection :D

sx3mac
September 19th, 2012, 02:58
A many Thanks to you Eric and to all those who have posted their hard work and trials up on this site. Being relatively new to the Beast this site has expanded my knowledge of her and what she likes. Looking fwd to ten more years and meeting some other RS6 owners later down the road.

Benman
September 19th, 2012, 22:54
Thank you, Erik!!!
And post a pic of your gun collection :D Ditto this! :cheers:

as350
September 20th, 2012, 01:43
Congrats on the anniversary and thanks Erik for all you do to make this website what it is today!

Erik
October 23rd, 2012, 10:13
I have RS related surprise gifts to the three highest donors, perhaps more. I will ship world wide.

:addict:

So far I have only 2 donators, the software has been upgraded to the latest version (at the time).

Thanks to "MT" and "AV" for your kind donations. I'm not going to put your real names here and I don't no your corresponding forum names anyway (unless you tell me).

I promised to give and ship RS related gifts to the THREE highest donors, but I think we need at least 3 donors before I can do so.

Thanks and have a good week!

Erik
October 23rd, 2012, 10:15

http://www.paypal.com/

Account: erikb (at) ruf.se

Erik
October 23rd, 2012, 14:13
Many thanks to mik15 and Stephen. :)

lswing
October 23rd, 2012, 16:21
Thanks for the friendly reminder good sir. Sent a few bucks your way after my procrastination...

Like the new sig...would work well with a Sig:)

Erik
October 23rd, 2012, 16:28
Like the new sig...would work well with a Sig:)

Thanks, appreciate your donation Sir.

Bought it on eBay and got the velcro patch today. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTalnzcO0xk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTalnzcO0xk

1uglymug
October 23rd, 2012, 22:30
Thanks for the friendly reminder good sir. Sent a few bucks your way after my procrastination...

x2

Thank you!

Amulet-S6
October 24th, 2012, 00:39
Thanks for the reminder. I had intended to do this; paypal sent. With the money and aggrivation the forums have saved me, I'm happy to Contribute.

papadoc
October 24th, 2012, 04:58
Likewise. The forum has been invaluable over the years, and your diligence in being certain that it remains free, open, clean and supportive is appreciated.

Erik
October 24th, 2012, 07:24
x2

Thank you!

Thanks for the reminder. I had intended to do this; paypal sent. With the money and aggrivation the forums have saved me, I'm happy to Contribute.

Likewise. The forum has been invaluable over the years, and your diligence in being certain that it remains free, open, clean and supportive is appreciated.

A BIG thank you to everyone! :hey: "SS" - "LS" - "JB" - "RG", and especially "RHM" - you're in the win :D

Primo
October 24th, 2012, 07:30
Grattis på dina 10 år Erik! :)
Congratulations on your 10 years! :D

Erik
June 14th, 2018, 07:25
Time flies....

RS6.com is now 15 years and 10 months old.

DHall1
June 14th, 2018, 14:22
Congrats Erik!

A couple of new owners have tried to register lately. Have you checked your emails?

iconcls
June 14th, 2018, 20:52
Time flies....

Indeed, time flies, just came across this buried in a desk the other day.

ZCD2.7T
June 15th, 2018, 02:14
Indeed, time flies, just came across this buried in a desk the other day...

LOL - aren't you supposed to be on a beach somewhere?!?

lswing
June 15th, 2018, 06:45
Time flies....

Thank you sir!

iconcls
June 15th, 2018, 12:04
LOL - aren't you supposed to be on a beach somewhere?!?

Of course I am! But do you know what is pictured? Only the REAL old timers here will get it.

DHall1
June 15th, 2018, 15:33
I can play!

ZCD2.7T
June 15th, 2018, 17:12
Of course I am! But do you know what is pictured? Only the REAL old timers here will get it.

Looks like a card you got when you ordered your RS6...

(couldn't help but laugh at the password printed on the cover...SO ironic!)

ben916
June 15th, 2018, 17:18
I can play!

Mr. Balsen? or Mr. Balsen's little finger?

iconcls
June 15th, 2018, 18:52
Looks like a card you got when you ordered your RS6...

Yes, it was the credentials to the "micro" site for us original owners who ordered our RS 6s at launch. You could login and watch the progress of the build of your RS 6. It was kinda cool but hilariously aggravating at the same time because often your car would go backwards in production. One day your engine was "married" and the next day we'd be on rs6.com bitching "today my car shows it is not married, yesterday it was, WTF!"

DHall1
June 15th, 2018, 19:20
"Official AoA product launch polo shirts"

I went on a diet just to fit into these suckers. Lol

Mr. Balsen? or Mr. Balsen's little finger?

ZCD2.7T
June 16th, 2018, 02:01
Yes...!"

Excellent - what do I win?

Benman
July 3rd, 2018, 20:51

Correct, Old Timer here and I still have my card (and Beast) as well. Thank you Erik for the awesome site! Have not been on much as life takes up quite a bit of time! Also good to see some very familiar names. :bye::addict::cheers:

In Liberty,

Ben

nene
July 4th, 2018, 04:46
I still have all those original RS6 goodies too. It was fun to spend a couple of moments just digging it back up. I remember my car was still showing in transit on the site, when I got a call from the sales manager (very good friend of mine still): "Mr Paiva, your beast has arrived. Please bring cash safely in a Brinks truck."

http://www.htms.org//img/062018/RS6/OldTimerRS6_sm.jpg

ben916
July 5th, 2018, 19:50
Correct, Old Timer here and I still have my card (and Beast) as well. Thank you Erik for the awesome site! Have not been on much as life takes up quite a bit of time! Also good to see some very familiar names. :bye::addict::cheers:

In Liberty,

Ben

Checking in BENMAN!

gmbh6
December 2nd, 2020, 16:17

In Liberty,

Ben

Ben you still around??

I think I'm finally going to restore the RS6.

-The artist formerly known as iplayatari haha

nene
December 2nd, 2020, 16:37
Where you located @gmbh6? I would not mind lending a hand and time but my knowledge is barely useful. Just an extra set of hands as needed.

Benman
December 2nd, 2020, 17:06
Ben you still around??

I think I'm finally going to restore the RS6.

-The artist formerly known as iplayatari haha

Still alive and well... still have :addict:

Just been B U S Y !!!