PDA

View Full Version : Todays failures and repairs..

Hy Octane
September 17th, 2012, 19:54
Car has been overheating and cutting boost. No codes..
Yesterday while driving in 100+degree heat on the freeway, car develops horrible engine stumbling/vibration and flashing CEL..
Take her to dealer today..
Both cooling fans are faulty and need replacing and #6 coilpak is toast.

I will be trading this car in as soon as my new customized 2013 Lancer Evo X has been built and shipped here..

Saying good bye to Audi after 22 years..

lswing
September 17th, 2012, 20:19
Bummer about the problems...but a lancer evo is made of more plastic than I could image when I drove one last year. Performance and reliability are good, but its a rough ride compared to a luxury sedan. Nice and fast though!

marklar182
September 18th, 2012, 18:49
The Evo will be culture shock! It is an Econo Box with a sweet engine/drivetrain, but still econobox trim, ect. My buddy has a Cobb tuned X and it is nice, but I would take an RS car anyday!

ben916
September 18th, 2012, 19:05
Car has been overheating and cutting boost. No codes..
Yesterday while driving in 100+degree heat on the freeway, car develops horrible engine stumbling/vibration and flashing CEL..
Take her to dealer today..
Both cooling fans are faulty and need replacing and #6 coilpak is toast.

I will be trading this car in as soon as my new customized 2013 Lancer Evo X has been built and shipped here..

Saying good bye to Audi after 22 years..

Maybe an RS7?!?!?
I know you have had issues with your RS.

Elevens
September 19th, 2012, 01:08
10 Year old high performance car will have issue's, But once fixed should be good for a few more years. The Mitsubishi can't hold to candle even to a 10 year old RS6 though. Even so good luck with your future endeavors..........

Brav
September 19th, 2012, 06:40
he will be back :)