PDA

View Full Version : my 1/4 mile time virgin racer

johnnie27
September 2nd, 2012, 23:37
so ddi my first 1/4 mile ever

with the audi club $60 for the day, nice sunny day and cool.. my my girl and dog came down for a few hrs

gotta say that this car at the traffic lights feel much faster 0-60 , i felt at the drags she would'nt rev up as fast , there was no loading up for me just simple in S and punch it...sometimne i get some wheelspin on the road but the strip was so sticky i just felt like the car was bogging down? perhaps i was flooring her to quick in fear of being slow!!

any how there was a RS6 wagon......new one....wait for it 11.7...a golf R on stock turbo 12.01 DSG sounds great down the qtr too..

so the old 5spd slush box is the weak link in the times, its just so slow to shirf and get going but for an 8 year old car ..its great and it really ahuled ass after the first 100 ft or so

here are my times , all in S mode, i treid one with the paddles was my slowest of the day at 13.29

fastest was 12.94 feel it easy has a 12.5 in it , if i did the duck foot thing..any how was fun and drove up and back all in 1 piece.

john12905

ZCD2.7T
September 3rd, 2012, 03:46
[QUOTE=johnnie27;238458]so ddi my first 1/4 mile ever...so the old 5spd slush box is the weak link..its great and it really ahuled ass after the first 100 ft or so...fastest was 12.94...any how was fun and drove up and back all in 1 piece. john[ /QUOTE]

Wow, that 13.0 netted 128+ MPH, which is MOVING!!! ;-)

I kid, I kid - clearly a mistake somehow with the trap speed, but seriously, your results appear to be spot-on average for healthy non-chipped C5 RS 6s. My experience is that they feel faster than they actually are. My STaSIS-tuned B8 S4 doesn't feel quite as impressive as my buddy's C5 RS 6, but I bet it would run even with his car or better.

1/4 mile is fun in small doses. For REAL fun, though, bring on a road-course!

johnnie27
September 3rd, 2012, 04:53
[QUOTE=johnnie27;238458]so ddi my first 1/4 mile ever...so the old 5spd slush box is the weak link..its great and it really ahuled ass after the first 100 ft or so...fastest was 12.94...any how was fun and drove up and back all in 1 piece. john[ /QUOTE]

Wow, that 13.0 netted 128+ MPH, which is MOVING!!! ;-)

I kid, I kid - clearly a mistake somehow with the trap speed, but seriously, your results appear to be spot-on average for healthy non-chipped C5 RS 6s. My experience is that they feel faster than they actually are. My STaSIS-tuned B8 S4 doesn't feel quite as impressive as my buddy's C5 RS 6, but I bet it would run even with his car or better.

1/4 mile is fun in small doses. For REAL fun, though, bring on a road-course!

yeah the trap speed on that run epic..a mistake yes as the RS6 that ran 11.7 was at 118 mph

ZCD2.7T
September 3rd, 2012, 13:33
..the RS6 that ran 11.7 was at 118 mph

What year was that other RS 6?

johnnie27
September 3rd, 2012, 23:17
What year was that other RS 6?

was a V10 TT wagon

makaveli42
September 4th, 2012, 01:11
impressive.....mine is tuned and the fastest ive ran is a 13.3 i still dont know how to launch the damn car and i have left foot braking added in my tune too... lol ill get in the 12s one day damnit!

johnnie27
September 4th, 2012, 01:56
impressive.....mine is tuned and the fastest ive ran is a 13.3 i still dont know how to launch the damn car and i have left foot braking added in my tune too... lol ill get in the 12s one day damnit!

mate mine has APR software , remember every track is different and temps tyres etc, as many folks have said the 60ft time is critical , i didnt try the lft ft braking thing..just sat there at idle in S mode waited for green and nailed it..back in 2004 an aussie magazine tested a Rs6 it ran 13.08 at 172.3 kmph, my best was 12.94 at 177.36 kmph , i have no idea how they did that, maybe audi tunned up the test car?? maybe they are brutal to the tranny?? john in perth ran 13.36 stock , and 12.58 with apr 100 octane (race fuel tune) tune , bigger intercoolers and he did the duck rat foot technique (which i rekon is the difference) as mine felt like it was bogging down a little. some mags in USA claim 12.79 stock?? times in the usa seem to be faster than oz for all cars, perhaps our 1/4 imile is longer or up hill!! hahaha

anyway dont worry about the numbers , just have fun and dont explode...johnnie

makaveli42
September 4th, 2012, 23:02
mate mine has APR software , remember every track is different and temps tyres etc, as many folks have said the 60ft time is critical , i didnt try the lft ft braking thing..just sat there at idle in S mode waited for green and nailed it..back in 2004 an aussie magazine tested a Rs6 it ran 13.08 at 172.3 kmph, my best was 12.94 at 177.36 kmph , i have no idea how they did that, maybe audi tunned up the test car?? maybe they are brutal to the tranny?? john in perth ran 13.36 stock , and 12.58 with apr 100 octane (race fuel tune) tune , bigger intercoolers and he did the duck rat foot technique (which i rekon is the difference) as mine felt like it was bogging down a little. some mags in USA claim 12.79 stock?? times in the usa seem to be faster than oz for all cars, perhaps our 1/4 imile is longer or up hill!! hahaha

anyway dont worry about the numbers , just have fun and dont explode...johnnie

gotchya....i thought yours was stock (non tune) when i use the left foot braking sometimes i feel like it boggs down after about a second or two...so im going to go again in October (hopefully it wont be 105 degrees out) and just mash it on green....and i always did it in D mode, not S lol...just a habbit of never using S i guess, not sure how big of a different the D and S makes tho.

Elevens
September 5th, 2012, 01:43
I guess we need to speak to this Guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqawHXwWcOU&feature=relmfu

makaveli42
September 5th, 2012, 03:08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqawHXwWcOU&feature=relmfu

isnt he on this forum? ive seen him on random other car forums tho...

i think he offers his tune for sale too...but i dont see how itd get ya that fast? the turbos would be maxed way before the 11s i think.:revs:

Bigglezworth
September 5th, 2012, 03:19

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqawHXwWcOU&feature=relmfuHis name is Marc.

i think he offers his tune for sale too...but i dont see how itd get ya that fast? the turbos would be maxed way before the 11s i think.:revs:Tune is not for sale that I'm aware of no. The tune is at the max for stock turbo's/injectors yes. I well know as I run this tune..... :)

makaveli42
September 5th, 2012, 03:31
His name is Marc.

Tune is not for sale that I'm aware of no. The tune is at the max for stock turbo's/injectors yes. I well know as I run this tune..... :)

why dont you guys sell your tunes? quit being selfish! lol j/k....but seriously..

Bigglezworth
September 5th, 2012, 03:47
Expensive tune. Included with the purchase of a second RS6.... :)

johnnie27
September 5th, 2012, 09:02
Expensive tune. Included with the purchase of a second RS6.... :)

aweee biggs!! what a tease...now i really want it tooo!! just becuase i can't!!!! wahhhhhhh

aussie rs6
October 9th, 2012, 08:19
was a V10 TT wagon

Johnnie,:hey:

12.9 sec for the quarter is very handsome time on 98 octane without duck foot technique (not the best for trans longevity, although i did not have any problems).Best 0-60ft i could get was 1.9 secs.

The 11.7 sec C6 RS6 was Sallys tuned Mugello Blue Avant/wagon.

I have just sold my APR tuned C5 RS6 after bought phantom black C6 RS6 sedan.

Wifey could not see the point of two RS6's in the garage, although i could!

The C6 V10 TT has huge power potential with modest mapping as some other forum posters have observed.:revs:

Last week I ran 11.4 secs with 126 mph terminal speed. 0-100mph in 7.5 secs.:fastm:

Fastest tuned road going C6 RS6 i have heard of is on you tube courtesy of Tomasz - a polish tuned 830+bhp running 10.9 secs for the quarter!

However a C6 RS6 can't match the exhaust note of a C5 V8TT or the slightly more lighter handling feel and smoothness IMHO!

john:addict::addict::addict:

johnnie27
October 10th, 2012, 05:14
Johnnie,:hey:

12.9 sec for the quarter is very handsome time on 98 octane without duck foot technique (not the best for trans longevity, although i did not have any problems).Best 0-60ft i could get was 1.9 secs.

The 11.7 sec C6 RS6 was Sallys tuned Mugello Blue Avant/wagon.

I have just sold my APR tuned C5 RS6 after bought phantom black C6 RS6 sedan.

Wifey could not see the point of two RS6's in the garage, although i could!

The C6 V10 TT has huge power potential with modest mapping as some other forum posters have observed.:revs:

Last week I ran 11.4 secs with 126 mph terminal speed. 0-100mph in 7.5 secs.:fastm:

Fastest tuned road going C6 RS6 i have heard of is on you tube courtesy of Tomasz - a polish tuned 830+bhp running 10.9 secs for the quarter!

However a C6 RS6 can't match the exhaust note of a C5 V8TT or the slightly more lighter handling feel and smoothness IMHO!

john:addict::addict::addict:

Hi John!! thanks for the kind words, i ran 2.133 for 60 ft (just stood on the gas) was running shell fuel as it was the only servo near the track, and to be honest i never use it in the car (any of my cars past or present) its heavy makes little power (i find for me the BP or Mobil 98 always feel crisper in power) and has always made 20KW + more on the dyno's compared to 98 shell? most good dyno guys i know here say the same thing too! i am keen to try it 1 more time with BP and see if the 60ft time is better>//? i think sally got down to an 11.48? i cant recall but it hooffffsss along! your 0-100mPh is amazing ...well done and glad your still having fun times

johnnie,,

epic results on the C6 mate that's a super fast car! and in so much luxury too!