PDA

View Full Version : Daytona Gray door?

Bigglezworth
September 1st, 2012, 04:17
As some of you know, I had a 'lovely' hit and run to my drivers side door a few weeks back. Quotes to repair are $4K if you can believe it. New door of course, new cross beam inside, remove and retrofit glass, panels, regulators, handle, wiring, etc. Then realign, and blend new paint up and down sides to guarantee color match. Even if I make a no fauult insurance claim, I'm out of pocket a host of $$.

Complicating things is the fact that I was selling this specific car and now can't sell it due to the door panel being pushed in. Top that off with the fact that ALL of the body shops in the Calgary region are constipated with hail damage repairs after a half billion dollar hail storm blew through here 3 weeks or so ago. It could be as long as end of Oct or even Nov before I could see this door repaired.
:vgrumpy:

Would be so much easier IMO if I could just locate a donor car that is Daytona Gray and do the swap myself. I've searched and there are 100's of doors that will work, but I can't tell the color. Any of you guys know of a donor car with the correct color?

kday
September 1st, 2012, 15:37
That sucks. Is Daytona Gray a color specific to the RS6? I don't think I've ever seen a regular C5 in that color.

ben916
September 4th, 2012, 17:42
here...
http://www.shokan.com/viewcar.php?id=778&viewImage=778_DSCN7161.JPG#778_DSCN7161.JPG

I was looking for some center caps for the OEM RS6 rims as I know that someone's got stolen
I was also looking for a steering rack for an 1987 5000 wagon that I will be "given" soon...