PDA

View Full Version : Android Torque-BHP App

Tom Sawyer
August 26th, 2012, 14:01
I found what looks like a killer app for the 'droid devices, Torque-BHP (http://torque-bhp.com/)

I've been playing with it on my Nexus 7 with a Bluetooth ODB2/ELM transmitter and have it working well with the RS 6, but the one thing that I REALLY wanted and have yet to get working is a boost gauge. There are 3 methods of boost calc:

Prefer MAP (default)
Prefer MAF
Prefer ALT

I've tried all three... no reading.

The app has the capability of adding a custom "PID", basically asking info like:

ODB2 Mode and PID (in hex - eg: '01 0D' for speed)
Min Val
Max Val
Scale Factor
Unit Type
Equation

Anyone using this and if so figured out how to get a working (and reasonably accurate) boost gauge?

Sorry for the low qual pic.. but gives you an idea what it looks like. This was before calibration and getting my car profile set up accurately in regards to weight, fuel, etc. The HP/Torque gauges are pretty slick.

TIA!

ThrillHouse
August 27th, 2012, 01:03
I think you need the paid version for boost on Audi/Vw. I think it is in their documentation

It really does give you a lot of info. I have the free version, just need to spend time with it and I'll end up buying

Tom Sawyer
August 27th, 2012, 03:08
I think you need the paid version for boost on Audi/Vw. I think it is in their documentation

It really does give you a lot of info. I have the free version, just need to spend time with it and I'll end up buying

I thought the same thing and ended up buying it but no joy...

Brav
August 27th, 2012, 04:47
you cant get boost readings with any of these apps, unfortunately.

lswing
August 27th, 2012, 05:21
VAG-com:)

Tom Sawyer
August 27th, 2012, 12:35
you cant get boost readings with any of these apps, unfortunately.

DOH! Bummer.... Oh well, it was free with my $25 Google Play credit so I can't complain too much.