PDA

View Full Version : The next Audi RS6 and RS7 (2013/14)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Erik
August 22nd, 2012, 10:10
Let's start a serious thread about the next Audi RS6, 3:rd generation.

I am told to think "Audi S8" in terms of the driveline, i.e. engine, quattro and gearbox, but in a more muscular A6 body.

If the overall package can be programmed into a (little) more aggressive style I think the concept will be very nice to drive and live with.

According to rumors the next RS6 will also be available in the USA. :hey:

:addict:

Erik
August 22nd, 2012, 10:10
http://www.rs6.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12865&d=1345626408

Benman
August 23rd, 2012, 16:54
I'm all for a thread on this topic!!!

I'm setting the budgeting agenda for 2013 and the savings plan has commenced. :cheers:

Ben :addict:

lswing
August 23rd, 2012, 16:59
Amazing!

ben916
August 23rd, 2012, 17:00
I'm all for a thread on this topic!!!

I'm setting the budgeting agenda for 2013 and the savings plan has commenced. :cheers:

Ben :addict:

does that mean a stable mate or an empty spot?

bobski
August 23rd, 2012, 20:15
I was sworn to secrecy, but it is out, including a photo. I had a VIP tour while my US Spec RS6 had the transmission replaced and they literally unveiled the car in front of me. They said I was the first outside of the R and D group to see it, the one, that is not a mule, but a 98% finished prototype. Gunmetal flat grey, avant. It will be only available only in an Avant and I was told it would not come to the USA because station wagons don't sell. They took my camera and phone, so no pictures obviously. Amazing detail, muscular, V8, TT. Gorgeous car. Quite the experience to see the Neckersulm facility.

I got a one on one tour of the R8 production line and got see the all the custom paint jobs and interiors you could imagine. You literally can order any color, any wood, any steering wheel for any car you want. The RS5 in a deep maroon was amazing. I have many more pictures of these custom cars if you want to see them.

ben916
August 23rd, 2012, 20:35
It sounds like they are treating you like royalty!

They should have let you drive the mule RS6 for a side by side comparison.
Avants sell! The Audi-philes know that the Avant is the best of both worlds (high performance and able to carry a BUNCH of stuff!)

bobski
August 23rd, 2012, 20:39
Plus they said the price point is too high, maybe 180K Euro

bmwade
August 23rd, 2012, 20:40
Audi is out of their damn minds! So what if the ugly ass Mercedes E-class and BMW 5-series wagons don't fly out of the showroom floors, I guarantee they could make the RS6 Avant only available in hot pink over lime green and if they set a limit of 800-1000 units for the US they would still sell them all on preorder!! How many people on this forum would rather have an avant than a sedan? I know I would actually pay more if it was an option!! Get your head out of your ass and give us our damn avant already!

Brav
August 23rd, 2012, 20:54
I dont know how they can equate the "average american's" style preference to the cult-like following of the RS owners' preferences. 1000 Avant units to the US - all will be sold.

What a bunch of bullsh*t. Who makes these decisions? Have they not seen people selling REAL B5 RS4's in the US for like 4x the price of an S4? Have they not seen Avants going for a lot more than sedans?

Brav
August 23rd, 2012, 20:55
Plus they said the price point is too high, maybe 180K Euro

Impossible. They will not price it higher than an R8..

The RS6
August 23rd, 2012, 21:09
I have many more pictures of these custom cars if you want to see them.

Every single one please :)

Open another thread and fill it with pictures :)

Chung
August 23rd, 2012, 21:35
But if it costs 120k to repair I think Audi will just lose money on it :)

Spidercat
August 23rd, 2012, 23:11
It will be only available only in an Avant and I was told it would not come to the USA because station wagons don't sell.
That totally sucks if true. Looks I've been given conflicting data, but unfortunately your seems pretty credible. I'm still going to keeping squirreling my nuts away for 2013, just in case.

And I also call BS on avants not selling and the price point being too high! I would choose the avant over the sedan any day. Do they not read this board? These are most of the people that bought their RS cars in the first place...

So jealous of your experience, btw! Sounds like you had a great time.

bmwade
August 23rd, 2012, 23:15
Maybe we could get a petition with at least 500 sigs of people wanting to put down a deposit and send to them? Like a group buy for RS6 Avants? LOL

Benman
August 24th, 2012, 00:28
does that mean a stable mate or an empty spot?

If it's $180K, then it means no RS 6 MkIII for me! And I'm only interested in an Avant. The plan would be a stablemate but it will define on the pricepoint. :cheers:

JSRS6
August 24th, 2012, 10:53
If it's $180K, then it means no RS 6 MkIII for me! And I'm only interested in an Avant. The plan would be a stablemate but it will define on the pricepoint. :cheers:

I think that was a typo. 80K EUR sounds more accurate. equates to just over 100K USD.

nistah
August 24th, 2012, 16:04
I think that was a typo. 80K EUR sounds more accurate. equates to just over 100K USD.

I agree - the US RS5's that I've seen on the lot have been retailing for 75-83k how could Audi justify charging double for the RS6???

Also that maroon RS5 pictured above looks amazing! Just saying

NSU RS6
August 24th, 2012, 16:40
Every single one please :)

Open another thread and fill it with pictures :)

This. Especially the maroon RS5. That picture came up on the screen and something went thud under my desk.

bobski
August 24th, 2012, 17:11
Not a typo. I asked what is it going to cost. I said, maybe 200K euro and they said, maybe 180K euro. Now, maybe that is in the Germany, so back out the tax. My experience is that Audis are 20-40% more in germany than in the USA. They do not make any money on cars in the USA they say. So, if it is 180K in Germany, that is $220K and back out 20-40% (maybe), then MAYBE you might be looking at $140K to $180K. Who knows. I was told there were no plans to bring it to the USA, but that is what Audi GMBH said about the 2013 Allroad some time ago and supposedly it is coming in (I owned two, an 01 and an 05 and I am a big fan).

alrightroad
August 24th, 2012, 17:36
Not a typo. I asked what is it going to cost. I said, maybe 200K euro and they said, maybe 180K euro. Now, maybe that is in the Germany, so back out the tax. My experience is that Audis are 20-40% more in germany than in the USA. They do not make any money on cars in the USA they say. So, if it is 180K in Germany, that is $220K and back out 20-40% (maybe), then MAYBE you might be looking at $140K to $180K. Who knows. I was told there were no plans to bring it to the USA, but that is what Audi GMBH said about the 2013 Allroad some time ago and supposedly it is coming in (I owned two, an 01 and an 05 and I am a big fan).

Hmm... are you talking about the 2013 allroad based on the A4 platform. Or, the 'real' C7/8 allroad? My RS6 stable mate is a 2001 allroad. And, I am with you, I am a big fan. Would love to see an updated version here in the US not based on the A4 platform but the A6... TDI with manual gearbox of course (but we all know that is a dream never to come true).

bobski
August 25th, 2012, 10:04
Not a typo.

alrightroad
August 26th, 2012, 01:53
Not a typo.
Fingers crossed.

4everRS
August 26th, 2012, 03:13
No way it is over 125k usd. I'd even be a little surprised if it was over 115.

What I wouldn't be surprised is that they don't bring the avant. I disagree with that, but I think Audi is too risk averse for that.

Joker
August 26th, 2012, 07:17
Not that I'm in a position to buy one but this figure is not what dealers are telling their customers because I was told £82-85k. This figure of €180k sounds redicilious.

kismetcapitan
August 27th, 2012, 07:39
wasn't it said that the C6 RS6 never was imported because it would cost Audi $160,000? Believe it when they say they don't make money on us; the US market is so price competitive that cars that have fat margins are more the exception than the rule.

A lighter, smaller RS6 would be nice. And it should be both an Avant, and the most powerful car Audi sells - which means more power than the R8 GT. This is simply keeping in tradition with previous RS6s.

A PDK transmission would be nice; although will it be the VW/Audi DSG? Collaboration with Porsche on RS models is again, nothing new.

A revised quattro system similar to the R8 would be nice as well. They should really rethink how and when torque is distributed; even the 30:70 split of the R8 plus midengine layout, and it still isn't free of the Audi understeer gremlin.

Finally, I'd like to see a very, VERY aggressive rendition of the A6 styling. Since the current styling language is fairly angular, a return of ur-quattro fender flares would, at least to me, look pretty damned good :)

Benman
August 27th, 2012, 21:37
Not a typo. I asked what is it going to cost...

For me, the cut off would be $120K. A penny over that: I'm out.

chewym
August 28th, 2012, 02:40
My speculation is that the price should be between 105-120 thousand Euros in Germany. The current M5 is 103,000 and E63 is 106,000 euro and the S8 is 111,000 Euros. (S8 is 110,000 USD in US) Considering the discount at which BMW/MB sells the M5/E63in the US (both start @ 89,000 USD) pricing the RS6 becomes a little hard in the US and you can see why the last RS6 didn't make it here. Ideally Audi would want to price the RS6 at 105-115,000 USD but again the M5/E63 pricing complicates things.

If the RS6 is Avant only then there is 0% of it coming to the US. Expect to see an RS7 for the US in that case. If there is a sedan for rest of the world then RS6 should come to the US also. Considering MB sells both the CLS63 AMG and E63 AMG and BMW probably will sell both M5 and M6 Grand Coupe Audi should do both. But most likely the decision is already made and I fear Audi is getting confused with Avant/coupe only combo. I don't see how much extra costs there are when making a sedan and Avant version as the body shell probably doesn't make too much of a difference aside from a little extra weight and aerodynamics.

But a lot can/ will depend on how the soon to be released S6 and S7 (and maybe a bit S8) do salewsise against eachother as that should be a good test case for RS6 vs. RS7 decision. Currently the A6 does 2-3x the sales of the A7 but some of that is probably due to pricing and the ratio probably gets more even when looking at more optioned up A6 models vs. comparably priced A7s. In the best case both the S6 and S7 sell very well and both RS6 and RS7 make it here. Another good result would be for the S6 to make up the same or higher % of total A6 sales as the 550i to 5 series and E550 to E class total.

To sum it up, tell all your friends to buy an S6 or lease one now to increase the chance of an RS6 coming to the US.:addict:

The RS6
August 28th, 2012, 05:56
Regarding the engine ... new S8 modified by ABT develops 620Hp. :)

Qisha
August 28th, 2012, 09:31
Regarding the engine ... new S8 modified by ABT develops 620Hp. :)

...640 HP and 780 NM (Engine Code: CGTA) to be exact. :hihi:

S6V10Avant
August 28th, 2012, 11:22
Qisha, Can we hope for the new RS6 and RS7 within this year ?

Bigglezworth
August 28th, 2012, 23:46
http://www.rs6.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12865&d=1345626408There is nothing edgey or that speaks power about this look. The thing I liked a lot about the C5 platform is the fat wheel wells which gave the car a more agressive styling/look. This is quite muted. I liken this to the C5 Z06 Corvette styling in comparisson to the C6 Z06 which was more agressive and had wheel flares that gave it a mean look. This is not grandpa's sedan and as such should stand out amongst the crowd. The photo here doesn't stand out IMO. It blends in all too well. If you are a fan of the sleeper feel, than this probably floats your boat. Personally, if I need to spend gobs of $$ to get the elite halo car, it needs to stand out as being significantly different from the counterparts in more than performance.

ben916
August 29th, 2012, 00:17
I agree with Bigglesworth, it certainly doesn't grab me. It actually looks like the current "Allroad" with a new bumper and some rims

I like the subtle lines and yet the agro stance of the C5 RS6.
To me, it only takes one glance to know what a C5 RS6 is.
It should make your heart skip a beat.
It should make you crane your neck to get a closer look.
It should make you point casually and say "look at that!".
It should make you appreciate the subtle thunderous power under the hood and make you desire to pilot one (not in a Veyron-esque love affair).

You shouldn't have to search for visual cues of a badge or stainless mirrors or a different bumper or the calipers to figure out what a C5 RS6 is...
I can't say that for the C6 RS6, nor this one...

Begin_RANT {
It is actually rather sad that some of the halo cars that Audi "thinks" the North America doesn't want, are actually the cars the population wants.
Yet we are force fed A4's, A6's, A8's, Q5, Q7... Should I take the red pill or the blue one?
The US has no Audi diesels except an A3 in FWD and a Q7 in 3.6 (where are all the rest? Where is the Q7 V12 diesel?)

If Audi "thinks" that they are unable to sell RS models or even an Avant: how does Merc do it with all the AMG models, diesel models? BMW with their "M" models?
What about those TOP sales numbers posted by Audi year after year?
What about all these "development" platforms for Le Mans? etc, etc, etc.

It IS frustrating to the point of almost giving up on the Audi Brand...
}
End_RANT

Continue as you were...

Benman
August 29th, 2012, 00:37
I feel your pain Ben. :cheers:

Erik
August 29th, 2012, 07:49
There is nothing edgey or that speaks power about this look.

Just so everyone knows, this is just a photoshop.

But I think more and more these "supercars" will look like and be based around the normal production cars, due to costs.

bmwade
August 30th, 2012, 02:34
Begin_RANT {
It is actually rather sad that some of the halo cars that Audi "thinks" the North America doesn't want, are actually the cars the population wants.
Yet we are force fed A4's, A6's, A8's, Q5, Q7... Should I take the red pill or the blue one?
The US has no Audi diesels except an A3 in FWD and a Q7 in 3.6 (where are all the rest? Where is the Q7 V12 diesel?)

If Audi "thinks" that they are unable to sell RS models or even an Avant: how does Merc do it with all the AMG models, diesel models? BMW with their "M" models?

}
End_RANT

I agree 10,000%! Audi wants to be king of the luxury mountain then they need to provide an alternative to at least most of the other companies lineups! We currently get 2 RS cars compared to Mercedes offering almost every car in their lineup in AMG flavor, and BMW doing the same! Hell we can buy massive SUV's with insanely powerful engines and we can't even get a freeking v6 wagon let alone the 1 car everyone on this forum really wants!

bobski
August 30th, 2012, 07:55
Believe me, it looks amazing in person.

bmwade
August 30th, 2012, 19:01
I'm going to start a daily routine of posting about getting the C7 RS6 avant on Audi USA Facebook page. It may be ultimately useless but it's worth the 2 mins of my time to try! Anyone else care to join me? The more who do the better our odds of success!

ben916
August 30th, 2012, 20:28
I'm going to start a daily routine of posting about getting the C7 RS6 avant on Audi USA Facebook page. It may be ultimately useless but it's worth the 2 mins of my time to try! Anyone else care to join me? The more who do the better our odds of success!

Good idea

chewym
August 31st, 2012, 03:53
Begin_RANT {

}
End_RANT

Continue as you were...

To be fair to Audi of America they just don't sell enough A4, A6, A8, Q7s to get much freedom from Germany. BMW and Mercedes sell almost 2.5 times more cars per year in the US which makes special editions mucj easier to pull of. Add limited RS availability and euro to USD exchange rate and US certification costs and the limited US lineup begins to make sense.

How many 130,000 Q7 V12 TDI diesels would they have sold in America? Audi even canceled it in Europe.

bmwade
August 31st, 2012, 04:25
To be fair to Audi of America they just don't sell enough A4, A6, A8, Q7s to get much freedom from Germany. BMW and Mercedes sell almost 2.5 times more cars per year in the US which makes special editions mucj easier to pull of. Add limited RS availability and euro to USD exchange rate and US certification costs and the limited US lineup begins to make sense.

How many 130,000 Q7 V12 TDI diesels would they have sold in America? Audi even canceled it in Europe.

They could have sold up to 2000 of them! You can sell that many of anything! Go try to build a Porsche Cayenne on their website....when I got done optioning it the price was $193,000...
also I think there are a lot of people currently driving AMG's and M's who would buy RS's if they were available! My guess is that if they expanded the RS lineup then they could easily take at least at least a 3rd of the hi-po luxury market! Audi just builds better cars (just go look at those pictures on the other thread), and if they bring them they will sell them!

Erik
August 31st, 2012, 08:35

You may not have noticed, but we're making RS6.com more Facebook friendly.

For instance, look at the top and you can like this page. :)

Erik
August 31st, 2012, 08:38
I'm going to start a daily routine of posting about getting the C7 RS6 avant on Audi USA Facebook page.

You may not have noticed, but RS6.com is becoming more Facebook friendly.

For instance, you can "LIKE" this thread, look at the top of the page.

:)

Qisha
August 31st, 2012, 10:46
Dear Friends,

after a successful time at the summercamp for obesity, the new Audi RS 6 has been sent back to the Gym to pack on some extra muscles. Not that it has been weak against its direct competition (has been on top already) but it has been considered as "needs more" to give the potential customer the most powerful and fastest Audi RS car ever.

Please admit muscles do not grow over night, due to that the release has been delayed. Other than that you would have seen the next Audi RS car in Paris next month. :bow:

Is the Audi RS 6 coming to the USA? The premiere of the next Audi RS car will not be in Europe. :cheers:

Qisha

PS: it IS a good thing to show AoA your appreciation and interest for the next Audi RS 6. Audi Germany engineers, builds and delivers what AoA is stating to be able sell. Talking about the Audi RS 6 Avant: if the US market demands the fastest production wagon and AoA can sell a adequate qoute for a reasonable price, why should the executive board decline? :0: However in the end everything that counts are numbers, like with every business today. We might end up with a Website asking "Do you want the fastest...". :hihi:

bmwade
August 31st, 2012, 14:07
Dear Friends,after a successful time at the summercamp for obesity, the new Audi RS 6 has been sent back to the Gym to pack on some extra muscles. Not that it has been weak against its direct competition (has been on top already) but it has been considered as "needs more" to give the potential customer the most powerful and fastest Audi RS car ever.Please admit muscles do not grow over night, due to that the release has been delayed. Other than that you would have seen the next Audi RS car in Paris next month. :bow:Is the Audi RS 6 coming to the USA? The premiere of the next Audi RS car will not be in Europe. :cheers:QishaPS: it IS a good thing to show AoA your appreciation and interest for the next Audi RS 6. Audi Germany engineers, builds and delivers what AoA is stating to be able sell. Talking about the Audi RS 6 Avant: if the US market demands the fastest production wagon and AoA can sell a adequate qoute for a reasonable price, why should the executive board decline? :0: However in the end everything that counts are numbers, like with every business today. We might end up with a Website asking "Do you want the fastest...". :hihi:If I'm understanding you correctly you dressed this wolf up in sheeps clothing and tested it, realized you had built a car that was better than the best from AMG & M, so you decided to go full on Shock&Awe and build a car that's more or less aimed past them straight @ Brabus & Alpina? Like a demoralizing display of force? And better than that it will be debuting at either the New York or Detroit Auto Show? And it WILL be on sale in the US, possibly even as an Avant if enough of us beg hard enough? I realize you probably can't say any more than you already did, so you can just post a simley RS6 flag thing if I'm close!

andreadebi
August 31st, 2012, 15:07
I hope will be unveiled @ los angeles autoshow in November 2012 or Naias jan 2013

bmwade
August 31st, 2012, 16:06
I hope will be unveiled @ los angeles autoshow in November 2012 or Naias jan 2013

I didn't realize LA was in November! Duh! That would be much better!

Benman
August 31st, 2012, 16:53
Dear Friends,

after a successful time at the summercamp for obesity, the new Audi RS 6 has been sent back to the Gym to pack on some extra muscles. Not that it has been weak against its direct competition (has been on top already) but it has been considered as "needs more" to give the potential customer the most powerful and fastest Audi RS car ever.
Damn it Qisha. I think I just upped my budget.

Hy Octane
August 31st, 2012, 19:45
Dear Friends,

Please admit muscles do not grow over night, due to that the release has been delayed. Other than that you would have seen the next Audi RS car in Paris next month. :bow:

Is the Audi RS 6 coming to the USA? The premiere of the next Audi RS car will not be in Europe. :cheers:

Qisha

PS: it IS a good thing to show AoA your appreciation and interest for the next Audi RS 6. Audi Germany engineers, builds and delivers what AoA is stating to be able sell. Talking about the Audi RS 6 Avant: if the US market demands the fastest production wagon and AoA can sell a adequate qoute for a reasonable price, why should the executive board decline? :0: However in the end everything that counts are numbers, like with every business today. We might end up with a Website asking "Do you want the fastest...". :hihi:

Qisha.. Please check your PM's.. Trying to get in contact with you.. Thanks HY O...

CornersWell
August 31st, 2012, 21:11
I heard long ago (more than a year?) from my "sources" that we would be getting the C7 RS6. However, rumors are always subject to changing circumstances. Being that my sources are near, and have connections into, AoNA HQ in Reston, I took them at face value, but until it's announced, as far as I'm concerned, it's just not happening.

Regardless, a $180K price tag is just out of the stratosphere. And, if that's going to be the case, I will really struggle with what to replace my C5 with. At this point, I'd actually PREFER the Avant RS6, if I have the option.

CW

kip
September 3rd, 2012, 08:51
Dear Friends,

I hope this extra delay is not going to make the RS6 arrive again just before the facelift. In the past the only reason that has stopped me from buying Audis is the fact that they were "old" on arrival and the new model even if no RS model was much more modern. Now I am so fed up with the Panamera Turbo that I am seriously considering the RS6. I love the new M5, but for me AWD is a must. I also hope the price will be reasonable. Where I live the previous model cost exactly as much as a Panamera Turbo, but with less standard equipment and a extremely high depreciation rate, as it was overtaken by the new model, even if with smaller engines.

kip
September 3rd, 2012, 09:10
I was sworn to secrecy, but it is out, including a photo. I had a VIP tour while my US Spec RS6 had the transmission replaced and they literally unveiled the car in front of me. They said I was the first outside of the R and D group to see it, the one, that is not a mule, but a 98% finished prototype. Gunmetal flat grey, avant. It will be only available only in an Avant and I was told it would not come to the USA because station wagons don't sell. They took my camera and phone, so no pictures obviously. Amazing detail, muscular, V8, TT. Gorgeous car. Quite the experience to see the Neckersulm facility.

I got a one on one tour of the R8 production line and got see the all the custom paint jobs and interiors you could imagine. You literally can order any color, any wood, any steering wheel for any car you want. The RS5 in a deep maroon was amazing. I have many more pictures of these custom cars if you want to see them.

Can you confirm that the first rendering of the white RS6 is close to the finished product, or atlleast if it isnt, because after seeing the RS4, I am pretty sure thats what it will look like.

kip
September 3rd, 2012, 09:12
Impossible. They will not price it higher than an R8..

Sorry, but you are wrong, where I live the previous RS6 cost 10% more than the R8 V8.

kip
September 3rd, 2012, 09:15
There is nothing edgey or that speaks power about this look. The thing I liked a lot about the C5 platform is the fat wheel wells which gave the car a more agressive styling/look. This is quite muted. I liken this to the C5 Z06 Corvette styling in comparisson to the C6 Z06 which was more agressive and had wheel flares that gave it a mean look. This is not grandpa's sedan and as such should stand out amongst the crowd. The photo here doesn't stand out IMO. It blends in all too well. If you are a fan of the sleeper feel, than this probably floats your boat. Personally, if I need to spend gobs of $$ to get the elite halo car, it needs to stand out as being significantly different from the counterparts in more than performance.

After living with the Panamera now for 2 years and being cameraphoned everywhere I go, this is exactly what I am looking for. I though didnt like the new RS4 as much as the old RS4 avant. Hope it looks good live.

Nonetheless, I would have been interested in the RS4 as I mostly drive alone and in the city, but I think making a pure V8 without turbocharging was an error on the part of Audi these days, when turbocharged engines are getting unbelievable milage. I was going to buy the RS5, but thought a V8 without turbos was outdated allready then in this age of cylinder shutoff, start-stop functions etc... The fact that they came with the same concept as the RS5 a few years later surprised me.

S6V10Avant
September 4th, 2012, 08:37
Its tragic that all RS models are launched late in the product life cycle. It should have been the other way around.

andreadebi
September 4th, 2012, 10:13
Its tragic that all RS models are launched late in the product life cycle. It should have been the other way around.

if I correctly remember Quisha wrote on this forum some times ago, now rs models are made-produced by audi. quattro gmbh had problems to build rs cars in less time as customers wanted

chewym
September 6th, 2012, 04:58
Good news, just saw a full minute Audi S8 ad during the football game. If Audi is willing to advertise a "halo" yet low volume model such as the S8 I can see them spending the money on bringing the RS6 to the US to continue to build the Audi brand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtFkqQbNajI&sns=em

Qisha
September 6th, 2012, 15:22
Dear US Friends,

who would be interested in buying a Audi RS 6 Wagon? :vhmmm:

AoA reports demand is very low. :rolleyes:

Qisha

Joker
September 6th, 2012, 15:40
Dear US Friends,

Qisha

Well if AoA say so then it must be true. :doh:

RXBG
September 6th, 2012, 16:14
i want an RS6 sedan in the states. people just don't buy avants here, they just don't. i guess audi doesn't want to allot money for both variants to be made for business reasons. either make a sedan that sells in the states or a wagon that will sell in europe.

alrightroad
September 6th, 2012, 16:34
Dear US Friends,

Qisha

I am interested in RS 6 avant. I am also interested in C7 or higher A6 allroad variation... but I know we will not receive those. The A4 platform allroad is not an updated version of the A6 allroad platform. Depending on price, RS6 avant is next purchase... if it is sold in states.

lswing
September 6th, 2012, 16:36
I'd have to agree that I'm getting tired of the wagons myself, sedan would be sweet!

chewym
September 6th, 2012, 21:01
Dear US Friends,

Qisha

That sounds like the next RS6 is Avant only?

The RS6 Avant wouldn't work in the US as there isn't even an A6 Avant or A4 Avant left because of low demand. RS6 sedan would work though.

4everRS
September 6th, 2012, 22:49
That sounds like the next RS6 is Avant only?

The RS6 Avant wouldn't work in the US as there isn't even an A6 Avant or A4 Avant left because of low demand. RS6 sedan would work though.
This doesn't make sense. In what way does it sound like they will only be making an avant version of the rs6?

"there isn't even an a6 avant or a4 avant left because of low demand" ???? WTF

4everRS
September 6th, 2012, 22:59
I want an avant. AoA cannot look at this car like other model wagons. It should be looked at like the CTS-V. Good demand for that, but I bet the regular CTS wagon will flop.

Be smart about it. Just keep the wagon low volume. What Audi needs to figure out is how GM was able to break even on the wagon platform if they had only sold 40. They obviously sold many more than that and the press they generated with it was/is a gold mine. Bring 200 here. If they sell well, being more. And make a good advertising campaign about it. It will sell other audi's if nothing else.

ben916
September 7th, 2012, 00:10
Why wouldn't an Avant work in the US or North America?!?!?

It is the best of both worlds:
1. Wickly fast quattro
2. Ability to carry tons of stuff.

If at the time that I purchased my C5, if there was a sedan and an avant, I would have chosen the avant HANDS down!

chewym
September 7th, 2012, 00:25
This doesn't make sense. In what way does it sound like they will only be making an avant version of the rs6?

"there isn't even an a6 avant or a4 avant left because of low demand" ???? WTF

So far there have only been spy shots of the C7 RS6 Avant which doesn't mean there will be no sedan as one might come later. But based on the fact that there is only an RS4 Avant and no RS4 sedan of the current A4 putting the two together gives a possibility of Avant only. However Quisha saying that the RS6 will not debut in Europe hints at sedan availability.

My second line meant that Audi USA can't find enough Avant buyers to justify Avant sales of the A6. The A4 Avant got switched to A4 allroad, probably last chance for the 5 door to prove itself. The A3 hatchback is turning into A3 sedan for the next generation in the US as it sells fewer units than the Q7 which is more than double the price. Likewise the Q5 sells more than 5 times more than what the A4 Avant ever did. In general wagons account for 10% or fewer of a model's sales. "To put this number into perspective, during 2003 Audi sold slightly fewer than 3800 A4 Avants, and BMW sold just over 1800 3-series wagons."

I don't have CTS V sedan vs. CTS-V wagon sales figures but I bet CTS-V wagon sales are a sliver of CTS-V sedan sales. Audi probably struggled to sell 200 A6 Avants a year, how many will they manage at double the price. People on Fourtitude who have met the Audi USA product planners say that they are enthusiasts but they can't do something when the numbers don't work. RS6 Avant in the US would take some magic.

4everRS
September 7th, 2012, 00:45
If GM can make the economics of it work. Anybody can.

I know it's difficult to understand, but an A-series buyer is a completely different thinker than a RS-series buyer. They should not be compared.

chewym
September 7th, 2012, 03:38
If GM can make the economics of it work. Anybody can.

I know it's difficult to understand, but an A-series buyer is a completely different thinker than a RS-series buyer. They should not be compared.

And GM isn't a poster child for financials sucess. Aside from this forum and other Audi enthusiasts who is going to pay 100,000+ plus for a wagon in America. I have never seen asingle E63 wagon.

Anyways based on what Quisha said about RS6 development and fat camp/weightlifting I would expect at least 600 quoted horsepower and weight at around S6 levels if not a little less. Based on what the S6 does with only "420" horsepower I am hoping of a 1/4 mile trap speed of at least 125 mph which would require a 0-200 km/h time of under 12 seconds.

ben916
September 7th, 2012, 03:51
And GM isn't a poster child for financials sucess. Aside from this forum and other Audi enthusiasts who is going to pay 100,000+ plus for a wagon in America. I have never seen asingle E63 wagon.

I have seen several...
La Jolla, California
Bellevue, Washington
Orange County, California

These cars are not for your average car purchaser.

surferdude
September 7th, 2012, 04:39
Dear US Friends,

Qisha

I think an RS6 Avant would sell here in the US.
Ben is right, I've seen numerous CTS-V wagons (and a few E63's) recently. There's no doubt the RS6 avant will look MUCH better, and will most likely be faster.
The main reason I own an S6 instead of the RS6: I wanted an avant. It is much more practical (and better looking :)
BRING THE RS6 AVANT!!!

chewym
September 7th, 2012, 05:33
I have seen several...
La Jolla, California
Bellevue, Washington
Orange County, California

These cars are not for your average car purchaser.

I'll keep an eye out for E63 wagons then!

Qisha
September 7th, 2012, 06:46
Dear US Friends,

thank you for your opinions! :cheers:

Please admit another question:

1. Sedan

2. Wagon

3. 4-door Coupe

Your favourite RS?

As far as the new Audi RS 6 Wagon concerns, we are talking about a radical styled, masculine sub 4 sec 0-100 km/h cruise missile with the best mileage in its class. :hihi:

Qisha

Joker
September 7th, 2012, 09:48
I can't for the life of me understand why Americans can't abide an actual estate yet dig SUVs with a passion which are basically jacked up Estates. :doh:

RXBG
September 7th, 2012, 14:08
I can't for the life of me understand why Americans can't abide an actual estate yet dig SUVs with a passion which are basically jacked up Estates. :doh:

americans tend to have more children than europeans. known fact. this is where the concept of the minivan was born. further, since americans are more comfort and space biased i think it simply makes it easier to pick up little ones and put them into an suv than it is to reach down toward that middle car seat and install a 40 lb kid with one's back bent. looked at logically it makes more sense mechanically to have a taller vehicle. you have nucleii in the us where e63's and cts-v wagons are common but those are more fashionable places where it is a lifestyle choice to have one.

conversely, would europeans really shy away from buying a sedan-only RS6?

ps- there must be a reason why MB decided to homologate the new gen GL63 for here in the states. and there is a good reason the next gen range rover sport is going to include 7 seats. i'd never buy a minivan because i'd die of boredom driving it, but give me a slightly smaller suv styled vehicle with equivalent dynamics and i'll buy it. however, give me an RS6 avant and there is no way it would be comfortable to live with when i have to load a up a middle car seat, not to mention the fact that if i want a third row only an suv would do.

Joker
September 7th, 2012, 15:40
If you seriously require even occasionally the third row then performance is the last thing on your mind but I do get the ease added high gives buckling up the young ones, though I've done this in a car most of my adult life so it's a compromise I was willing to live with. As for a minivan, ok if it's the wife's but no way if I were to drive it every day.

Frankly if the option was get an RS6 in the US was taking an Avant then I know what I'd be doing.

P.S.
Don't know what the split was between saloon and avant in the C6, maybe Qisha can answer this.

4everRS
September 7th, 2012, 17:30

My favorite RS is the C5 RS6 plus in Europe. A wagon in the new C7 would be fantastic. I personally wouldn't care if the sedan was even offered. I would want the Avant. However, that is not a good business decision. There is likely a larger population that would buy the sedan over the avant.

Another thing Quisha, you mentioned that the new RS6 is gaining some extra muscle. Audi better damn well have a transmission to handle it! The C5 version was terrible and a lot of people still remember it and won't buy an RS6 because of it. It needs to handle much more than what that 4.0tt throws at it. Especially weighing close to 4k lbs.

Oh. Also. I've had good luck with DRC. Most have not. You may have a hard time convincing buyers if it's still equipped with DRC.

Joker
September 7th, 2012, 19:01
My favorite RS is the C5 RS6 plus in Europe. A wagon in the new C7 would be fantastic. I personally wouldn't care if the sedan was even offered. I would want the Avant. However, that is not a good business decision. There is likely a larger population that would buy the sedan over the avant.

There must be a reason why the Avant shape was chosen and it must have been the most popular choice in past examples. You don't go for the least popular model when you're in the business of making as much money as possible it ain't going to happen.

Another thing Quisha, you mentioned that the new RS6 is gaining some extra muscle. Audi better damn well have a transmission to handle it! The C5 version was terrible and a lot of people still remember it and won't buy an RS6 because of it. It needs to handle much more than what that 4.0tt throws at it. Especially weighing close to 4k lbs.

Has Audi learned lessons with the C5, like how is the gearbox in the C6 RS6 coping?

Oh. Also. I've had good luck with DRC. Most have not. You may have a hard time convincing buyers if it's still equipped with DRC.

I don't understand why they didn't make the switch to magnetic ride with the RS5 and RS4 unless they feel DRC gives a better feel.

ben916
September 7th, 2012, 21:36
There must be a reason why the Avant shape was chosen and it must have been the most popular choice in past examples. You don't go for the least popular model when you're in the business of making as much money as possible it ain't going to happen.

Has Audi learned lessons with the C5, like how is the gearbox in the C6 RS6 coping?

I don't understand why they didn't make the switch to magnetic ride with the RS5 and RS4 unless they feel DRC gives a better feel.

A better option would be to have every single one of the RS6 that come to US, Canada, MX be custom ordered:
1. This gives the customer the ability to select the transmission, body style, suspension THEY want.
2. EU wants a sedan but can't have it, North America wants an Avant but can't have it.
3. There has to be a way that MERC does this as it would a financial nightmare to have EU cars tested to EU standards and then turn around have to "dumb it down" for the DOT/NTSBA/Canada.

I am far from telling AoA or the fatherland how to do their business, nor could I commit to a NEW RS6 AVANT in Manual 6 speed with Magnetic ride, but the CUSTOMER is always right!
If Audi doesn't give the customer what they want, they leave and go to MERC, BMW or P-CAR.

Didn't all those 2003/2004 C5 RS6 860/1460 US/CA cars sell?

Better start the ad campaign now...

Spidercat
September 7th, 2012, 23:55
Qisha, to answer your questions:
Yes, I would buy a C7 RS6 Avant (Avant would be my preference). I actually would have prefered C5 RS6 Avant if offered here.
Favorite RS model would also be RS6-plus.

Amulet-S6
September 8th, 2012, 01:30
Preferences:
1) RS7 - I like the lines of the 7 series. It's gorgeous but needs more flair of the fenders.
2) RS6 Sedan - Must have "robust" styling over A/S6
3) RS6 Avant - I like the look of the Avants the best. But having owned a S6 Avant prior to my rs6 I want a trunk to keep golf clubs, shotguns, etc out of sight.

S6V10Avant
September 8th, 2012, 12:08
1. RS 7
2. RS 6 Avant

When can we get them ??

alrightroad
September 8th, 2012, 13:20
Quisha, favorite here also C5 RS6 Plus. If the B7 RS4 had come to the US in avant flavor I would likely have one since it was offered in 6MT. A new RS6 avant in the US would be in my garage as well depending on offering price. I realize it would never come in 6MT version and I would be fine with DSG.

mnsnwbrdr
September 8th, 2012, 15:37
Dear US Friends,

1. Sedan

2. Wagon

3. 4-door Coupe

Your favourite RS?

As far as the new Audi RS 6 Wagon concerns, we are talking about a radical styled, masculine sub 4 sec 0-100 km/h cruise missile with the best mileage in its class. :hihi:

Qisha

Send word that the RS6 Avant is coming, and I'll put down a deposit that day.

Troubled
September 8th, 2012, 21:51
Dear US Friends,

1. Sedan

2. Wagon

3. 4-door Coupe

Your favourite RS?

Qisha

I would buy an RS6 Avant immediately and have already told my dealer the same. In fact, I would have already bought the E63 AMG Wagon, warts and all, if it had AWD. Alas, icy roads + long drives skiing with family in tow aren't in the cards without AWD. I detest my SUV, but it's functional.

My favorite RS was my Sprint Blue B7 RS4. Loved everything about it -- except the fact that it couldn't cope with three growing boys and our need to escape skiing on the weekends.

chewym
September 11th, 2012, 03:07

Probably has to be with the fact that most RS models are sold in Europe. Worldwide the Avant makes up less than 1/3 of A4/A6 sales. Ithink in Germany/Europe it's at 50/50 if not favorable for the Avant. But if you wanted to produce RS for the world and sell as many as possible (not production limited to 5,000 units) you would need both.

In other news the US fuel economy is out for all of the 4.0T engines. Looking good for the next 4.0T RSX in the states, shouldn't be any gas guzzler tax.

S6/S7: 17/27
A8: 17/28
A8L: 16/26
S8: 15/26

alrightroad
September 11th, 2012, 03:16
That fuel economy looks decent esp for highway. I bet you could hit average 30 mpg if you took easy.

nistah
September 11th, 2012, 05:21
I have not read every post in this thread however I paid a friendly visit to AOA North America headquarters today in Herndon, VA and caught up with a gentleman named Denny in the parking lot, he was jumping into a black TT-RS...Denny was very friendly and we spoke about both of the RS's for few mintues and then he suggested I go inside to the lobby which has a show room....on the way in I asked him about plans to bring the RS6 to the US he said something about Avant only (could have this mistaken) and that they (AOA Marketing) are still making a business case for the importation of the C7 beast. That's all for now folks, however I live less than 5 mintues from AOA in North America headquarters so may go back soon , my phone ran out of batteries just as I hit the showroom which has a red R8, a Red RS5 which he let me start up ( sounded amazing!!) also an A7 and A8 and the shell of an Audi Le Mans!!

bobski
September 11th, 2012, 19:48
that it will be seen as an amazing combination of design, speed and utility. I was also told by the design team in Neckersulm that it is being made only in an Avant, will not be sent to the US and that Germans generally don't want SUVs because they are dangerous at Autobahn speeds compared to a high performance station wagon. Audi has a V-12 diesel Q7 I saw that they make for the middle east market and they had to limit the top speed because they could not make it stable at very high speeds. Our SUV market is the German Avant market. IN SUM, the new car is amazing in the flat silver version that I saw. The power plant looks impressive and the fit and finish of the interior is unbelievable. But, as I stated in an earlier post in this thread, if it is $180K or so, how many are they going to sell? It is going to sell for around 200K Euro in Germany.

Joker
September 11th, 2012, 20:09
You need to think about that figure of €200k and how completely unrealistic it is. The complete drivetrain isn't being replaced with some new found exotic material all it's getting is tweaked, more to the engine, better brakes, new software for the gearbox and possibly rear diff. Audi don't need another halo car it's already got the R8 for that, what they need is to continue offering rivals to M and AMG at similar prices, just better.

Im willing to bet anything it wont be much more than 5-10% more than the car it replaced.

4everRS
September 11th, 2012, 21:14
I'm with you Joker. Obviously we're wrong, or bobski is. Personally, I think the source of that information could be to blame. Or it got interpreted incorrectly.

Time will tell.

kip
September 12th, 2012, 13:36
Dear US Friends,

1. Sedan

2. Wagon

3. 4-door Coupe

Your favourite RS?

Qisha

I dont think you need only US people to answer this.

Forget the sedan, GO with the RS7 to the US and with the RS7 and RS6 Avant to Europe... Usually people who need the space take the Avant, if you dont need the space you go for the looks.

And please dont go with the LED:s that go all the way round. They look like this:

They look like Kanye West with the grilled eyeglasses.

I love my Q5 S-line with the old leds, but dont like the new Q3 style leds.

Bigglezworth
September 12th, 2012, 13:47
Anyone have insight on how many of the CTS-V wagons GM has sold in North America?? 6spd manual high horsepower wagon with performance suspension, brakes, styling cues, etc.

kip
September 12th, 2012, 16:15
Anyone have insight on how many of the CTS-V wagons GM has sold in North America?? 6spd manual high horsepower wagon with performance suspension, brakes, styling cues, etc.

Check 2:50min in this video. It almost answers your question. :)

http://youtu.be/4NPEYVPJJ-w

Erik
September 12th, 2012, 18:58

Very good question, I was thinking the same yesterday.

bmwade
September 12th, 2012, 19:20
Dear US Friends,

1. Sedan

2. Wagon

3. 4-door Coupe

Your favourite RS?

Qisha

if i had the choice of RS6 sedan, RS6 Avant, or RS7 'coupe' it would be RS6 Avant hands down! even if it cost slightly more!

dab
September 13th, 2012, 12:46
rs/6 sedan, sorry station wagons are like mini vans.

Qisha
September 15th, 2012, 16:48
Dear Friends,

thank you once again for your opinions! :cheers:

As far as the US Market concerns, the decision is (pretty much) final. There are good and bad news.

It is a bit complicated to write specific but with Erik´s permission, i will resume and post in short terms.

Qisha

alrightroad
September 15th, 2012, 17:10
(the proverbial drum roll)

bmwade
September 15th, 2012, 17:48
Dear Friends,

As far as the US Market concerns, the decision is (pretty much) final. There are good and bad news.

It is a bit complicated to write specific but with Erik´s permission, i will resume and post in short terms.

Qisha

My guess(fingers crossed):
Good news: we are getting the RS6!!
Bad news: no RS3?

4everRS
September 15th, 2012, 22:03
My bet: RS6 is coming to US. But no Avant.

Al Pettee
September 16th, 2012, 00:18
Dear Friends,

Qisha

If a C7 RS6 SEDAN is coming to the USA-with a boosted (turbo's or supercharger) engine, and a manual (unlikely) or double-clutch (S-tronic) tranny, then I will be looking forward to adding this car to my stable with my MTM-supercharged B7 RS4 sedan. :rs6kiss: :rs4kiss: :incar:

Joker
September 16th, 2012, 09:02
I think Qisha will be telling you there's no RS6 but you will get the RS7 instead.

The RS6
September 16th, 2012, 11:06
My thoughts - no RS6 sedan at all. Just like RS5/RS4 Avant, we will have RS7/RS6 Avant.

nistah
September 16th, 2012, 20:10
My thoughts - no RS6 sedan at all. Just like RS5/RS4 Avant, we will have RS7/RS6 Avant.
RS7 will be sweet! Also if no new RS6 Sedan then this will make the C5 the only US RS6 Example...making our cars very special!

LittleDevil
September 17th, 2012, 15:55
Any info already when NEW RS6 will be shown?

Kind Regards

alrightroad
September 17th, 2012, 16:18
I can still hear the drum roll. Where is Erik to approve the post from Quisha? ;)

RXBG
September 17th, 2012, 16:42
RS7 and RS6 avant seems silly to me. both hatchbacks.

S6V10Avant
September 17th, 2012, 21:09
RS7 and RS6 Avant is the logic route.. Put me up for the RS7 if the wait is not too long..

Qisha
September 18th, 2012, 17:21
Dear Friends,

as a tribute to 10 years RS6.COM, here are some answers... :0:

- the upcoming 3rd Audi RS 6 generation will only be available as estate wagon aka. the Avant.

- due to missing marketing opportunities, the Audi RS 6 Avant will not be offered in the USA

- there will be a Audi RS 7, sharing the drive concept with the Audi RS 6 Avant

- the Audi RS 7 WILL BE OFFERED in the USA

- the Audi RS 7 will be introduced first

- interested in seeing the Audi RS 7 live? Get your NAIAS Tickets now

- 0-100 km/h < 4.0 sec

Last but not least, it is in consideration to make all options available to the US Market. This would include the Ceramic Brakes as well as the revised speed limiter, Wheel options (up to 21") etc.

Technical details, numbers are a no no... please understand. :nono: ...but you will not be disappointed. :hihi:

Qisha

PS: the Audi RS 5 Convertible is on schedule for the US Market as well

PPS: please note the chances for a Audi RS 6 Avant limited Edition ( 500 ) for the US Market has never been better than today. BUT AoA needs to hear you!

The RS6
September 18th, 2012, 17:33
Wow, Qisha, just wow :D

I nominate that for "the post of the decade" award.

alrightroad
September 18th, 2012, 17:35
Quisha, great news (for the most part)! Reading between the lines in your post... Are we to understand if AoA receives 500 or nearly 500 requests for an RS6 Avant then AoA would take this very seriously and bring it to the US market?

Joker
September 18th, 2012, 17:57
I realise Qisha can't provide the all important numbers you so desire but based on what he said I think 580hp is most likely probable. I really want to hear if QuattroGmbH were able to reduce its weight compared to the S6 Avant, to me this will be more beneficial than any serious power hike.

Erik
September 18th, 2012, 18:04
Thanks Qisha for your valuable information.

I think the RS7 makes more sense in the US as a model, but 500 limited edition RS6 Avants for the US market would be great.

The new S6 has less of almost everything, on paper, but offers more in reality than the previous model.

Downsizing, but with better mileage and higher performance. Sounds like a deal.

I would expect something similar for the upcoming RS6/7.

http://www.naias.com/

January 2013...

4everRS
September 18th, 2012, 18:35
The S7 weighs 4400lbs. I hope the RS7 is significantly lighter.

Please don't mess up the transmission.

500 avants would be sweet.

alrightroad
September 18th, 2012, 18:54
I'm willing to start and manage a petition for AoA if anyone is interested in sharing information with me directly and privately. I think there should be some sort of collective data presentation to AoA for the RS6 avant desire in the US market. If you have marginal-to-high desire to purchase the latest gen RS6 avant (C7?) new or used please PM me directly and leave me your full name, email address. I want to get serious about this beast and do what I can to get it here.

ben916
September 18th, 2012, 19:02
Dear Friends,

- the upcoming 3rd Audi RS 6 generation will only be available as estate wagon aka. the Avant.

- due to missing marketing opportunities, the Audi RS 6 Avant will not be offered in the USA

- 0-100 km/h < 4.0 sec

Last but not least, it is in consideration to make all options available to the US Market. This would include the Ceramic Brakes as well as the revised speed limiter, Wheel options (up to 21") etc.

Technical details, numbers are a no no... please understand. :nono: ...but you will not be disappointed. :hihi:

Qisha

PS: the Audi RS 5 Convertible is on schedule for the US Market as well

PPS: please note the chances for a Audi RS 6 Avant limited Edition ( 500 ) for the US Market has never been better than today. BUT AoA needs to hear you!

WHOA!!!!
I have to let this sink in but this is GREAT news!!!!!!

S6V10Avant
September 18th, 2012, 19:32
Great news.. I will put my order down for the RS7.

chewym
September 18th, 2012, 20:53
A bit disappointed that there will be no RS6 sedan (the highest performing version) but the reasoning makes sense. Here's my take on the decision: AoA couldn't do both RS6 and RS7 and without the US, the sedan version doesn't make as much sense so went the decision. RS4/RS5 already took the same path.

I guess as they often say you can only pick two out of the three things you want.

bmwade
September 18th, 2012, 21:40

Let's be honest, they could sell 500 of anything in the USA! That is such a small number that they can easily find that many diehard fanatics! But if you're gonna do that low a number then it needs to be a special color not available on basically any other car, or at least an RS exclusive color. I will tentatively commit to a special edition, but only if they don't go nuts with the pricing just 'cause they added the word "special" to the name! Since the _7's always cost a bit more than the _6's I would say that if they charge approximately RS7 price then I'm in. I would even pay a few grand more, but if the price gets too ridiculous then I'm out and will just find a way to live with the RS7.

ZCD2.7T
September 19th, 2012, 02:19
Dear Friends,

- 0-100 km/h < 4.0 sec

This is great news for Audi aficionados in the US!

Coincidentally, I predicted exactly this to a fellow RS6.com member over lunch today. Makes perfect sense in so many ways. The only true competitor would be the PanamanabananameraTM (sic) Turbo, but its looks surely aren't for everyone. In the same way, the RS 7's looks probably won't be to everyone's taste, but between the 2 of those vehicles, VAG/Porsche will have that market cornered and covered!

I, for one, can't wait to see it!

chewym
September 19th, 2012, 02:24
This is great news for Audi aficionados in the US!

Coincidentally, I predicted exactly this to a fellow RS6.com member over lunch today. Makes perfect sense in so many ways. The only true competitor would be the Panamanabananamera (sic) Turbo, but its looks surely aren't for everyone. In the same way, the RS 7's looks probably won't be to everyone's taste, but between the 2 of those vehicles, VAG/Porsche will have that market cornered and covered!

I, for one, can't wait to see it!

CLS63 AMG and M6 GC are obvious competitors as well but the RS7 should have more performance if all goes well. The Panamera turbo/S is better off the line than the MB and the M but those catchup and likely pull ahead in triple digits (in miles). The S6 is 10 kgs heavier than the E63 and 10 lighter than the M5. The RS6 could even come in a little under the S6 as the engine weight is essentially the same while bigger brakes/tires/wheels can be offset somewhat by a few CFRP panels. Don't know about transmission weights though.

ZCD2.7T
September 19th, 2012, 02:29
CLS63 AMG and M6 GC are obvious competitors...

Not without AWD they're not.

And the M6 GC is still a figment of someone's imagination as far as I know. I haven't seen any announcement about it, at least here in the states....

chewym
September 19th, 2012, 03:08
Not without AWD they're not.

And the M6 GC is still a figment of someone's imagination as far as I know. I haven't seen any announcement about it, at least here in the states....

Touche. :fastm:

It's in the official EPA fuel economy database already. But is only good for 14/20 with auto and 15/22 with manual. The RS6 would do better as even the S8 does better.

Qisha
September 19th, 2012, 07:01
But if you're gonna do that low a number then it needs to be a special color not available on basically any other car, or at least an RS exclusive color.

Dear Friends,

IF the decision of a limited Edition Audi RS 6 Avant for the US Market should be set, than it could very well end up with this Body color. :hahahehe:

http://i43.tinypic.com/2hxrjt5.jpg

But like i wrote, the decision is not made by Audi Germany, AoA is in charge. So if you really want this to happen, go ahead and let AoA know. :0:

Performance wise i give you two opportunities, on a par or ahead of the Porsche Panamera Turbo S. :jlol:

Qisha

ZCD2.7T
September 19th, 2012, 12:42
...It's in the official EPA fuel economy database already...

OIC.

Well, considering that a well-equipped 640GC can run into the low $100K range (and IMO looks foolish at that price in comparison with the A7), I can't imagine how much an M6 GC would cost.:rolleyes:

mnsnwbrdr
September 19th, 2012, 12:49
Looks like Daytona Gray Matte ... Interesting!

Ruergard
September 19th, 2012, 12:51
Fantastic info Qisha.

Thanks for this! :cheers:

bmwade
September 19th, 2012, 13:25
Dear Friends,

IF the decision of a limited Edition Audi RS 6 Avant for the US Market should be set, than it could very well end up with this Body color. :hahahehe:

But like i wrote, the decision is not made by Audi Germany, AoA is in charge. So if you really want this to happen, go ahead and let AoA know. :0:

Performance wise i give you two opportunities, on a par or ahead of the Porsche Panamera Turbo S. :jlol:

Qisha

Perfect special edition color!
And I'm guessing a head of Turbo S because I can't imagine anyone making a new car equal to an existing car. Like how the C5 will wipe the floor with an equivalent M5!

RXBG
September 19th, 2012, 13:26
for the RS7 to be that fast it would have to make over 600 hp if it weighs more than 4000 lbs. chances are audi probably kept the weight down in this gen of RS models for the first time. thanks for the information Qisha. NAIAS is early this year.

pq40
September 19th, 2012, 14:11
The RS6 should be very evenly matched to the M5 in a straight, and considering they have had over a year to see what the M5 can do and develop it, there is no reason it should not give the M5 a run for its money, but like always the M5 set the bar. Hopefully BMW doesn’t release a performance package when the RS6 comes out like they did for the M3 when the RS5 debuted.

From a stop the RS6 should be a little quicker time wise, but looking at C&D times for the Panamera Turbo S, and the M5, the M5 still traps the 1/4 mile faster. I have seen the Turbo S do the 1/4 mile anywhere from 11.5-11.7 @ 118-122, and the M5 11.7-11.9 @ 121-123mph...and mind you the M5 can pull those trap speeds with "only" RWD off the line. And on rolling acceleration test the M5 can out drag a Turbo S (Google M5 vs panamera Turbo S). So the RS6 should give the M5 a real run for its money at the drag strip, but around a track I would still put my money on the M5. The engine in the M5 has been placed considerably lower and further back in the chassis than the standard 5 series, and the rear sub frame on the M5 is incredibly ridged for track use. Its bolted directly to the chassis with no bushings like on the M3 GTS. It will be the same old story..the RS6 will be the stop light king, and the M5 will have the stronger top end acceleration, and be a better track car.<o:p></o:p>

ZCD2.7T
September 19th, 2012, 14:29
....but around a track I would still put my money on the M5....It will be the same old story..the RS6 will be the stop light king, and the M5 will have the stronger top end acceleration, and be a better track car....<o:p>

The evidence doesn't really support your "which is the better track car" conclusion:

Lap Times (4)
<tbody>
Track
E60 M5
C6 RS6

Hockenheim Short
1:16.06
1:15.30

Nurburgring GP (3.7 km)
1:46.91
1:45.44

Sachsenring
1:43.77 d
1:42.16 d

Kyalami
2:06.70
2:06.70

</tbody>

Just sayin'....</o

RXBG
September 19th, 2012, 14:56
less power/less weight ratio > more power/more weight ratio

Amulet-S6
September 19th, 2012, 17:39
Dear Friends,

Qisha

**What is the best avenue for the masses to "discuss" this with AoA?
(If you know, post the address/email/carrier pigeon of choice please)

Qisha
September 19th, 2012, 19:11

Dear Amulet-S6,

a good way to start off with would be:

Mark Dahncke
Product & Motorsports Communications Manager
Office: (703) 364-7414
Cell: (703) 229-2549
Email: mark.dahncke@audi.com

He should be able to address your interest. :0:

Qisha

bmwade
September 19th, 2012, 20:33

I've still been using my social networking campaign, I post or comment on Audi USA Facebook page nearly every day. Its been quite easy recently as they have been posting about the TTRS and RS5. Don't know how effective that is, but it can't be hurting our chances. But I'm guessing Qisha's post about Mark Dahncke is a more direct route.

alrightroad
September 19th, 2012, 21:18
Dear Amulet-S6,

Mark Dahncke

Qisha

Qisha, thanks for the contact information. And, the matt gray (daytona or dolphin?) would be perfect for the RS6 avant US spec.

Joker
September 19th, 2012, 22:28
The RS6 should be very evenly matched to the M5 in a straight, and considering they have had over a year to see what the M5 can do and develop it, there is no reason it should not give the M5 a run for its money, but like always the M5 set the bar. Hopefully BMW doesn’t release a performance package when the RS6 comes out like they did for the M3 when the RS5 debuted.

The M5 is something else, always has and probably always will be but the RS6 has had it's fare share of success against its oldest of foes. Weight will be the key this time round because this time the RS6 has a real chance of being lighter because the M5 has put on more than a few pounds, more like a porker if you ask me.

From a stop the RS6 should be a little quicker time wise, but looking at C&D times for the Panamera Turbo S, and the M5, the M5 still traps the 1/4 mile faster. I have seen the Turbo S do the 1/4 mile anywhere from 11.5-11.7 @ 118-122, and the M5 11.7-11.9 @ 121-123mph...and mind you the M5 can pull those trap speeds with "only" RWD off the line. And on rolling acceleration test the M5 can out drag a Turbo S (Google M5 vs panamera Turbo S). So the RS6 should give the M5 a real run for its money at the drag strip, but around a track I would still put my money on the M5. The engine in the M5 has been placed considerably lower and further back in the chassis than the standard 5 series, and the rear sub frame on the M5 is incredibly ridged for track use. Its bolted directly to the chassis with no bushings like on the M3 GTS. It will be the same old story..the RS6 will be the stop light king, and the M5 will have the stronger top end acceleration, and be a better track car.<o:p

I think you are fooling yourself if you think the M5 is some kind of a track star, it's too heavy. That's the advantage Audi has over BMW because all their past RS cars have been porkers and yet they still seem to deliver great track times and this latest offering will be no different. Tell me is the M5 as quick as the Porsche on the track any track? That's the advantage of traction my friend.</o

Spidercat
September 19th, 2012, 22:51
Qisha,

Any idea when AoA will make their decision re:RS6 Avant?
Personally not a fan of of the RS7's looks (sorry), but if that's the only mid-size 4/5-door RS offered, I may consider it. It still looks light-years better than the Panamera.

I just want to make sure I get in the correct line before it becomes too long...

Ghost-
September 20th, 2012, 01:18
Dear Amulet-S6,

Mark Dahncke

Qisha

Hello!
Quisha, do you happen to know if the next RS6 will be available in Mexico? I already have a C5 and a C6 and I think having the C7 will be great! :addict:

If here in Mexico we need to do something similar like USA with AoA for the 500 limited edition I will be more that happy to help this "dream" come true.

Thankyou in advance!

Ghost-

bmwade
September 20th, 2012, 03:33
I already have a C5 and a C6

Hmm a C6 RS6 you say? if you ever wish to part ways with it and would like a vacation to Florida I would be more than happy to pay for you to have a road trip in it up here!

Ghost-
September 20th, 2012, 03:52
Hmm a C6 RS6 you say? if you ever wish to part ways with it and would like a vacation to Florida I would be more than happy to pay for you to have a road trip in it up here!

:O I dont think to sell it for at least 4 more years, but if for some reason I have too, I will let you know. :race:

bmwade
September 20th, 2012, 04:12
:O I dont think to sell it for at least 4 more years, but if for some reason I have too, I will let you know. :race:

Sad face....but I understand not wanting to give up the awesome lol any mods to it?

Ghost-
September 20th, 2012, 05:03
Sad face....but I understand not wanting to give up the awesome lol any mods to it?

RS6 C6 has no mods. I am waiting to get my C5 back from the service in order to send both C6 ECUs to Horchaus in Canada for the MTM 700hp tune :jlol:
RS6 C5 has Eurocharged stage 1, Sportec vent mod, Wagner silicon hoses and KW V1.

Greetings

bmwade
September 20th, 2012, 05:17
MTM 700hp tune :jlol:

Hate you....

alrightroad
September 20th, 2012, 17:17
RS6 C6 has no mods. I am waiting to get my C5 back from the service in order to send both C6 ECUs to Horchaus in Canada for the MTM 700hp tune :jlol:
RS6 C5 has Eurocharged stage 1, Sportec vent mod, Wagner silicon hoses and KW V1.

Greetings

Sounds like a beast in the making. How was the import process for the C6? You are in the States, correct?

Al Pettee
September 20th, 2012, 18:24
Go for the 742HP MTM upgrade with middle and rear silencers, metal cats and filter.

I had Francois Beaumont of Horchaus coordinate my red B7 RS4 MTM supercharger conversion and he was very professional-I say go for it and say hello for me (Al Pettee). :rs4addict :thumb:

K91109
September 20th, 2012, 22:48
Qisha, I am are really glad that there will be an RS7 introduced soon. However, will it maintain similar options/colors to the S7? My point is that from my experience with C6 A6, as you move from the regular A6 to S6 to RS6, the options & color choices become less. The C6 RS6 was offered with few interior & exterior colors & wheels. I believe that is still the case between the A7 & S7, where the S7 is having less interior & exterior options than the regular A7.

Will the RS7 maintain the same options offered on the A7 & S7?

Ghost-
September 20th, 2012, 23:06
Sounds like a beast in the making. How was the import process for the C6? You are in the States, correct?

Uhm, I'm not in the States, the car and I live in Guadalajara, Mexico :D
Audi Mexico was selling 20 C6 RS6 sedan and 5 C6 RS6 Avant back in 2010.

About the 742HP MTM, I might consider it later after the 5 year factory warranty expires, so meanwhile I will get the 700hp version :P

ben916
September 21st, 2012, 00:38

About the 742HP MTM, I might consider it later after the 5 year factory warranty expires, so meanwhile I will get the 700hp version :P

Any more C6 RS6 still for sale in MX? :)

marklar182
September 21st, 2012, 00:46
Any more C6 RS6 still for sale in MX? :)

It will be easier to get a truckload of weed across the border than to get a C6 RS6 in!

Al Pettee
September 21st, 2012, 01:00
Qisha, I am are really glad that there will be an RS7 introduced soon. However, will it maintain similar options/colors to the S7? My point is that from my experience with C6 A6, as you move from the regular A6 to S6 to RS6, the options & color choices become less. The C6 RS6 was offered with few interior & exterior colors & wheels. I believe that is still the case between the A7 & S7, where the S7 is having less interior & exterior options than the regular A7.

Will the RS7 maintain the same options offered on the A7 & S7?

No problem, just order it black metallic/black leather and you'll get what you want. :cheers:

ben916
September 21st, 2012, 03:31
It will be easier to get a truckload of weed across the border than to get a C6 RS6 in!

That happens daily, no challenge there...

marklar182
September 21st, 2012, 03:39
That happens daily, no challenge there...

Sadly.

But bringing across a grocery getter wagon is such a no-no......

MR USER
September 21st, 2012, 13:20
Dear Friends,

Get your NAIAS Tickets now

Qisha, what you are saying is that RS7 will be in Jan @ NAIA and RS6 in Geneva in March next year, right?

If so when do you believe delivery will start? June or more likely the end of 2013?

Thanks a lot for all the info so far!

artur777
September 21st, 2012, 23:08
Dear Qisha,

the info on RS7 is a great one!
Audi will go ahead once again.
I hope we will see this car very soon on the roads)))
And I would like it to be faster than Pana TTS)))
Thanks!

ben916
September 22nd, 2012, 00:04
Sadly.

But bringing across a grocery getter wagon is such a no-no......

I know, it makes no sense to THIS consumer...

AuditudeA642
September 24th, 2012, 19:31
Email sent. Need /_/RS6!

mmaturo
October 3rd, 2012, 06:13

From a stop the RS6 should be a little quicker time wise, but looking at C&D times for the Panamera Turbo S, and the M5, the M5 still traps the 1/4 mile faster. I have seen the Turbo S do the 1/4 mile anywhere from 11.5-11.7 @ 118-122, and the M5 11.7-11.9 @ 121-123mph...and mind you the M5 can pull those trap speeds with "only" RWD off the line. And on rolling acceleration test the M5 can out drag a Turbo S (Google M5 vs panamera Turbo S). So the RS6 should give the M5 a real run for its money at the drag strip, but around a track I would still put my money on the M5. The engine in the M5 has been placed considerably lower and further back in the chassis than the standard 5 series, and the rear sub frame on the M5 is incredibly ridged for track use. Its bolted directly to the chassis with no bushings like on the M3 GTS. It will be the same old story..the RS6 will be the stop light king, and the M5 will have the stronger top end acceleration, and be a better track car.<o:p></o:p>

Like always? Umm in 03 the C5 was the top car period. The M5 was well behind the curve. And i blew away several V10 M5 in the day as they were hunting for switches to get all the power and then still were at a loss for traction. in terms of on the track having had my RS6 out many times and never saw an M5 i think i feel the RS6 was still the better tool. and i could drive the track and regular roads in the rain and snow. its still an all around experience i think Audi is creating. I feel like the comparisons are still off as the Quattro part still is the aspect the Audis are ahead with in real world situations. And look better.

Hey Audi...I would buy an RS6 sedan of the next generation tomorrow if you send it and as an early RS6 owner I think you will sell one to all of us. No go on the Avant for me though. Love my RS5 after 2 weeks of owning it now but I still need a 4 door. I'll pay over 100k for it but if you take the strategy you did with the 5 it should be ok. I would rather skip the S6/7 and I did...I took the 5. Give me the RS6 sedan and I'm a definite sale. My wife doesn't like the A7 styling somehow...i don't get it as i like it, so if the RS7 is it I will have a fight when I show up at home with one anyway. She likes the S8 and so do I but I'm still wanting to stay out of the battleship class for a few more years.

Need to update the sig pic...the RS5 is fantastic on the track and I easily ran down an RS4 anyway, but excellent handling and very predictable feel. Damn it looks good too.

Sauron
October 4th, 2012, 09:00
Audi RS6 C6 mtm 1/4 mile - 11.52 on racelogik

Primo
October 4th, 2012, 11:28
If you americans want the new RS6 avants, can't you just import from Germany?

JavierNuvolari
October 4th, 2012, 14:29

As far as I know, they cannot "just import" a new car that was not designed for their market.

Brav
October 4th, 2012, 21:56

Importing to the EU is WAY easier than importing to the US. We would have to crash test 3 of them, then make modifications, pay for EPA testing, etc.

ben916
October 4th, 2012, 23:26
Importing to the EU is WAY easier than importing to the US. We would have to crash test 3 of them, then make modifications, pay for EPA testing, etc.

Or liberate a C6 in MX, load it full of "medical mj" and crash the border...... just spill the load 10' inside the border and head for a gas station in Case Grande...

4everRS
October 5th, 2012, 01:25
head for a gas station in Case Grande...

ROFL hahaha.

ben916
October 5th, 2012, 04:18
ROFL hahaha.

He has an S6 wagon now, if ya know what I mean

i hope the RS6 comes to the international auto shows in ny, ch, la, sea, Denver, Texas

Primo
October 5th, 2012, 11:00
Very well. If you can't get the car to come to you, you have to go to the car! Move to Europe! It's not so horrible as you might think, actually! ;)

YlwBeast
October 5th, 2012, 17:09
Dear Friends,

Qisha

Qisha, like all the others before, Big Thanks for sharing this information. I personally would prefer the limited run RS6 Avant if available in the US (AoA please take note!!:hey:).
Like the C5 RS6 when released, though it was available ROW as both Sedan and Avant, the US chose to only send the sedan, I believe, partially because the S6 Avant was also available at the same time (2002-2003) and AoA probably didn't want to have both models competing against each other. With AoA releasing C7 S6 as a sedan only for the US, it makes sense that the choice for the C7 RS6 would be Avant, if there was a strong desire. At 500, I want to be one of the selected few as long as the weight is down and the colors are definitely exclusive!!

Thanks again.

plivac
October 5th, 2012, 20:28
Dear Friends,

Qisha

As a current owner of a 2012 S4 that is looking to upgrade to a larger car (preferably avant due to kids on the way) - there are several things that I do not understand about Audi's selection of vehicles for the US and the obvious shift towards coupe-like vehicles - both RS5 and RS7 are in one way or another coupes that can comfortably seat 2 and 4 respectively.

1. No Rs4, but RS5 - why focus on the coupe when you have a better vehicle in AWD category in the nissan GTR, albeit more expensive. Or the RWD M3 and C63. The very expensive ($70k+) 2-door coupe category is over supplied...

The RS4 avant is such a unique and interesting vehicle that would find interest with affluent drivers with families - an under-served segment.

2. No RS6, but RS7 - RS7, or any 7s, are based on the Panamera structure and as such can only fit 4 people "snugly" and not to mention that cargo space is small in my opinion - the note about cargo space being large is deceiving. To be honest I just don't like the 7 series design (especially the tail) .... so I might be biased here

3. No S6 avant for US... now this is a car I would buy immediately (again family) - if E63 AMG Wagon AWD rumors for Next summer are true that will be it...

4. A4 allroad only .... the smallest one... to the US market....

Interesting that UK a market of 60mm people vs US's 300mm gets every vehicle Audi makes... including all the Avants even though gas is 2x times more expensive and roads much shorter....

Going to test drive an S6 tomorrow AM, will see how it compares to A6 3.0T i tested before and to my S4 which is a true Road Warrior.

Also, I think the TTRS is an amazing car - if you want a coupe why in the hell own the RS5 when the TT is the real monster????

Primo
October 5th, 2012, 20:49
People have different needs, and will choose a car thereafter. If your fellow americans bought proper cars instead of your rusty old wagons with wooden panels as a part of the exterior, Audi would for sure invest more time and effort to sell more cars in the US of A.

Sadly, there just aren't enough americans on these forums to make an impact, as I find it hard to believe that other americans have been enlightened by true Audi lovers like yourselves. Patriotism is a good thing, but when it comes to cars, I mean that Audi is better than most american cars produced today.

However, if Audi decided to make pickups for rednecks and vans for kidnappers, I'm pretty sure the Audi sale would escalate and you would finally have your desired RS6 Avants in the end of 2013.

If just the american people in general would bloody try an Audi and find out for themselves that there's a enormous difference between a Audi and a Lada. Europeans can make proper cars!!!

Benman
October 8th, 2012, 16:51
^^^ Bwahahaha ^^^
Too funny and sadly has a lot of truth to it. :cheers:

plivac
October 8th, 2012, 17:20
Well didn't test drive S6, but did sit in it... and somehow just didn't like the "feel" to it. Too much space for driver, but at same time not that much space than S4.
Will test drive in 2 weeks, but now thinking maybe the RS4 avant would be the "it".

aussie rs6
October 9th, 2012, 09:03

Hi Ghost,
you might also consider the APR tune with MRC air filters for your C6 RS6. Your RS6 will run 11.7 sec with this 700bhp tune and be very driveable with good fuel economy. I believe that C6 RS6 at 750 bhp+ is a little too much for a daily driver. Not as sweet as 700bhp tune.
I too also owned a C5 and C6 RS6, but had to chose one to keep. A very difficult choice, but ended up keeping the C6 RS6 as Audi with the C6 solved the heat soak problem with larger air intakes and fan on each intercooler and replaced C5 'chocolate transmission' with much stronger version. Audi kept the DRC, but third generation and only one fault ever reported since 2008 on the UK C6 RS6 forum posts.

john

justin
October 9th, 2012, 15:21
New to the forum, but fwiw, yet another "would buy a US RS4 or RS6 at just about any price, as soon as it was available". I've driven the 2013 RS5, and love it, but its completely impractical for what i want to do with it. I don't want an RS7, and and I dont want to be forced into a Panamera GTS which feels like the closest comparable car on the market right now.

plivac
October 10th, 2012, 15:18
New to the forum, but fwiw, yet another "would buy a US RS4 or RS6 at just about any price, as soon as it was available". I've driven the 2013 RS5, and love it, but its completely impractical for what i want to do with it. I don't want an RS7, and and I dont want to be forced into a Panamera GTS which feels like the closest comparable car on the market right now.

hear, hear.... don't like 7 series line (dog sitting back) and interior feel (too luxury vs. sport oriented/efficient) - re Panamera 2 negatives for me: has no cargo space and only 2 back seats with bucket type feel. One other thing I don't like is their dashboard with RPM in the center......

You would think that SOMEONE at Audi would be reading all these posts on all the forums where people are asking for the RS4 or RS6, but no. Maybe a petition would do it - with firm commitment to buy. It just would be nice if someone at Audi would respond.... "of you come, they will ship it". It also be a great marketing pitch - "WE LISTEN TO OUR CUSTOMERS".

What makes it strange, ok bizarre for me is that if someone like BMW can sell the 5 series GT and Benz the E63 Wagon in the US, why can't Audi offer the RS avants here. Yes it would cost something to register the cars, but the engines are the same (RS5=RS4, RS7=RS6) so what other obstacles can there be... almost as if they are too cheap for their own good.

RXBG
October 10th, 2012, 17:18
People have different needs, and will choose a car thereafter. If your fellow americans bought proper cars instead of your rusty old wagons with wooden panels as a part of the exterior, Audi would for sure invest more time and effort to sell more cars in the US of A.

However, if Audi decided to make pickups for rednecks and vans for kidnappers, I'm pretty sure the Audi sale would escalate and you would finally have your desired RS6 Avants in the end of 2013.

If just the american people in general would bloody try an Audi and find out for themselves that there's a enormous difference between a Audi and a Lada. Europeans can make proper cars!!!

what's wrong with woody wagons?

ps- they don't sell ladas in the usa. chicks dig vans. pick ups are cool. woody wagons haven't existed since before i was born. and at least they don't eat spoiled fish from jars in the us. just sayin' and keepin' it civil.

plivac
October 12th, 2012, 21:16
http://blogs.timeslive.co.za/wheeldeal/2012/10/02/wagons-new-audi-rs4-avant-heading-for-south-africa/

another bizzaro from Audi.... South Africa gets the RS4 Avant... no love for USA

Spidercat
October 12th, 2012, 23:59
How did they know that I would also be interested in Brazil holding a pageant for the best female bottom?:vhmmm:

bmwade
October 23rd, 2012, 22:54
Bump!

but seriously I decided after a month of looking at cars that I am very uninspired by 90% of the cars on the market. The other 10% are either hopelessly impractical supercars or severely over priced SUV's! I'm mean I'm sure the cayenne turbo is a fantastic piece of machinery but ultimately it's still an SUV. As are the G-wagon, and X5/6M. That is why I have made up my mind that I will only consider an RS6 Avant as my next car. If AOA fails to provide one (or at least the promise) for me in the next year then I will sell my current one and then seek out and import a C5.

LUPIN
November 8th, 2012, 18:55
New to the forum, interested in new RS7 Sportback.

Here is a RS7 mule @ Ring..

http://www.autogespot.nl/audi-rs7-mule-1/2012/10/17

How many hp do you think it will have? 600?

TOAvusRS6
November 8th, 2012, 20:03
Not trying to hijack LUPIN's latest question, but now that it appears that NA customers will not have the opportunity (yet again) to get into the next RS6, I'm just curious what those of us that were looking forward to buying it will opt for now?

Having looked into the new M5 (not even currently available for sale) and the E63 (550 hp version) I am uninspired to get into either car. Seriously considering getting an extended warranty on my C5 RS6 and just keeping it.

RXBG
November 8th, 2012, 20:05
wow. looks like a german CTS-V. it's going to look murdered out with the honeycomb grill. i'd say 600 hp.

plivac
November 8th, 2012, 20:14
http://benzboost.com/content.php?2885-Rumor-2014-facelifted-W212-E63-AMG-to-get-4Matic-all-wheel-drive-and-a-dual-clutch-transmission

If AMG comes out with a 4Matic E63 (sedan and wagon) next year.... AUDI will be pi...ing their pants that they didn't see a demand for the RS4 and RS6 in the US.

Have no idea why they are pushing on us the 5's and the 7's in every color and option.

TOAvusRS6
November 8th, 2012, 20:27
http://benzboost.com/content.php?2885-Rumor-2014-facelifted-W212-E63-AMG-to-get-4Matic-all-wheel-drive-and-a-dual-clutch-transmission

If AMG comes out with a 4Matic E63 (sedan and wagon) next year.... AUDI will be pi...ing their pants that they didn't see a demand for the RS4 and R6 in the US.

Have no idea why they are pushing on us the 5's and the 7's in every color and option.

Hmm. Interesting. Inclined to agree with you. All wheel drive, fairly good looks, and pretty decent power.

I question whether it is truly an issue of lack of demand, an inability due to costs, or lack of touch with their customers, for Audi to bring the RS6 into NA.

I make the assumption of course that many, if not all of the NA folks on this thread were looking forward to buying the new RS6 if it were made available. I had my name down for the C6 which never came, and also now for the C7, which looks like it will also not make it.

Amazing in this age of globalization that we as enthusiasts have to resort to other brands to address shortsightedness on the part of the brand we all want to stay with.

Qisha
November 8th, 2012, 21:02
Dear Friends,

i can only repeat myself: everything AoA is demanding will be available for US customers.

If AoA would have pre-ordererd 1000 units of a Audi RS 6 (C7) SEDAN, it would be build. For comparison a total of 1.060 Audi RS 6 (C6) Sedan have been build. The same with the Audi RS 6 (C7) Avant, AoA pre-order needed for ~500 units and you will get it.

Reminder: (Show interest!)

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/24734-The-next-Audi-RS6-(2013-14)?p=239119&viewfull=1#post239119

The last word is not spoken... the RS 7 and RS 6 share the same platform... and as you already know the RS 7 will be homologated for the US market... ;)

Talking about performance... the engine is able to produce a power density @McLaren MP4-12C level. :thumb:

Qisha

plivac
November 8th, 2012, 22:03
I have written to Audi and was told to be patient..... However, given their MO, I sincerely doubt we will see the RS4 or RS6 stateside. The S6 sadly just feels too "executive" for my taste.

LUPIN
November 8th, 2012, 22:37
Dear Friends,

i can only repeat myself: everything AoA is demanding will be available for US customers.

If AoA would have pre-ordererd 1000 units of a Audi RS 6 (C7) SEDAN, it would be build. For comparison a total of 1.060 Audi RS 6 (C6) Sedan have been build. The same with the Audi RS 6 (C7) Avant, AoA pre-order needed for ~500 units and you will get it.

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/24734-The-next-Audi-RS6-(2013-14)?p=239119&viewfull=1#post239119

The last word is not spoken... the RS 7 and RS 6 share the same platform... and as you already know the RS 7 will be homologated for the US market... ;)

Talking about performance... the engine is able to produce a power density @McLaren MP4-12C level. :thumb:

Qisha

Thanks for the info, Qisha! :)

Can't wait for the RS7 Sportback! :love:

Ghost-
November 9th, 2012, 03:16
Dear Friends,

Qisha

Qisha! I need to know if the RS6 C7 Sedan will make it to Mexico! I already have a C5 and a C6 and I do not want to be left without a C7!

If I need to manifest my interest to someone at Audi of Mexico, I will appreciate a telephone number or email please.

Ghost-

Amulet-S6
November 9th, 2012, 03:37
Dear Friends,

Qisha

Qisha,

I want to thank you for taking the time to post your updates and insights.

I'm sure Audi would gladly make anything if there were 1000 unit pre-sold. But is this a realistic goal? Having 1000 people pre-order a car that will cost more than $100k that they haven't seen nor driven. That would seem a long stretch for most of the car buying public, even at the upper levels. Are there really that many well healed persons that are also serious Audi fans?

Again, thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing the C7. For me, I'll have to wait a few years for the price to fall into my justification zone.
Keep Smiling, Jim

bmwade
November 9th, 2012, 04:36
Dear Friends,

Qisha

If by Power density you mean HP per liter then all I can say is holy sh!t!! That is 616hp from 3.8L which equates to 162 per liter or 648hp from the audi 4.0L....WOW! I want!!

So yes I would commit to buy an Avant with those numbers test drive or not. Probably opt for European delivery though and make a vacation out of it.

chewym
November 9th, 2012, 06:00
So if the "520" hp S8 is actually good for 570 or so at the crank and the RS7 is good for 650 then it will be very impressive even if the advertised hp is only 580 like last time.

Qisha
November 9th, 2012, 22:33
...getting closer. :thumb:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-8J85Vo_5jJM/UJfVb_OcflI/AAAAAAAAODw/F2NjAlr7bbo/s640/SpyShots+-+Audi+RS6+Avant.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-doBD6ZVl4m4/UJfVYqQJCkI/AAAAAAAAODY/BHb4_hHHCnE/s640/SpyShots+-+Audi+RS6+Avant+-+01.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wIdWroD2dG8/UJfVZcJb8gI/AAAAAAAAODg/Pmrj1elIP7g/s640/SpyShots+-+Audi+RS6+Avant+-+02.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lbJJX8M7SoE/UJfValcsUPI/AAAAAAAAODk/jrGJvcNOJtI/s640/SpyShots+-+Audi+RS6+Avant+-+03.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-vt98ek5x_mU/UIMZ660Y3fI/AAAAAAAANxg/87vYFL6U0Hs/s640/SpyShots+-+Audi+RS6+Avant+-+03.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-HPxpAjCtVAc/UIMZ8Lt4HII/AAAAAAAANxk/pSW38yK7kVY/s640/SpyShots+-+Audi+RS6+Avant+-+04.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-yhuTxD-P8nY/UIMZ88euk_I/AAAAAAAANxs/_q5b-SGyV2k/s640/SpyShots+-+Audi+RS6+Avant+-+05.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8Iz0wEwhxCY/UIMZ99SCWTI/AAAAAAAANx0/wlSfsfcNHlQ/s640/SpyShots+-+Audi+RS6+Avant+-+06.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hxuRXWPov9U/UIMZ-nbdUjI/AAAAAAAANx8/bTsfLXJPq_g/s640/SpyShots+-+Audi+RS6+Avant+-+07.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-M2VgV0PRf_k/UIMZ_t5OZCI/AAAAAAAANyE/DK8OYFA50jc/s640/SpyShots+-+Audi+RS6+Avant+-+08.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-kO_mr7SzpDg/UIMaAV72oFI/AAAAAAAANyM/fjbhGpOv89k/s640/SpyShots+-+Audi+RS6+Avant+-+09.jpg

http://youtu.be/WO35BaMwUZc

Spidercat
November 9th, 2012, 22:52
New to the forum, interested in new RS7 Sportback.

Here is a RS7 mule @ Ring..

http://www.autogespot.nl/audi-rs7-mule-1/2012/10/17

How many hp do you think it will have? 600?

How reliable is this source? Looks more like S7 to me. I thought RS7 was supposed to have dual exhaust (not quad) and squared-off old ur-quattro style flares? Grills, bumpers, and mirrors are easy to disguise. The other stuff isn't.

Qisha,

I want to thank you for taking the time to post your updates and insights.

I'm sure Audi would gladly make anything if there were 1000 unit pre-sold. But is this a realistic goal? Having 1000 people pre-order a car that will cost more than $100k that they haven't seen nor driven. That would seem a long stretch for most of the car buying public, even at the upper levels. Are there really that many well healed persons that are also serious Audi fans?

Again, thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing the C7. For me, I'll have to wait a few years for the price to fall into my justification zone.
Keep Smiling, Jim

^^^This. How come Merc (and others) can get it done and Audi can't??? VAG is huge and can't make it happen? That's a buncha bull. It may be more cost-effective in the short term, but many loyal customers are feeling alienated. Sounds like the problem stems from AoA wanting to sell large amounts of A3/4, TT, and Q whatevers. It would appear that this strategy is working for them for now, but my eyes are now wondering...

Guess I'll get in line for C7 RS6, but if it doesn't materialize, I'll want my money back. It's RS6 or nothing, unfortunately. I've tried really hard, but I just can't warm up to the RS7. Practicality (less room than 6 but same footprint), looks (subjective, but the roof line looks too much like an Infiniti G35), even the name bugs me (sounds too close to RX-7). S8 looks great and is insanely fast, but just a tad too big.

Sure hope Qisha's right about the RS6 finally coming to NA.

Spidercat
November 9th, 2012, 22:57
...getting closer. :thumb:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-HPxpAjCtVAc/UIMZ8Lt4HII/AAAAAAAANxk/pSW38yK7kVY/s640/SpyShots+-+Audi+RS6+Avant+-+04.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-kO_mr7SzpDg/UIMaAV72oFI/AAAAAAAANyM/fjbhGpOv89k/s640/SpyShots+-+Audi+RS6+Avant+-+09.jpg

http://youtu.be/WO35BaMwUZc

OK! Now we're talking!
Definitely getting in line! Love those big rounded wheel arches like the C5.

ben916
November 9th, 2012, 23:16
Qisha, @ :32 seconds in the video, was the sound from the MERC or the cloaked Audi? It sounded really good at that moment, but in other parts of the video, it sounded very quiet...

JavierNuvolari
November 9th, 2012, 23:28
Qisha, @ :32 seconds in the video, was the sound from the MERC or the cloaked Audi? It sounded really good at that moment, but in other parts of the video, it sounded very quiet...

Wondering the same thing here, sounded fantastic at that moment. I really hope they show-off the ultra technology advances with this model shaving some good 150kilo from the outgoing model.

Cheers.

chewym
November 10th, 2012, 02:41
Looks like a return to bubble fenders and not box fender flares.

Brav
November 10th, 2012, 03:06
Wondering the same thing here, sounded fantastic at that moment. I really hope they show-off the ultra technology advances with this model shaving some good 150kilo from the outgoing model.

Cheers.

Prob most of that in the engine..

aussie rs6
November 10th, 2012, 03:28

The USA crash testing keeps a lot of 'special' european cars out of the USA. However, Audi Australia imported I believe 10 C6 RS6's (3 sedans, 7 Avants) into Oz and all sold at US$260k! (note 50% of price is australian luxury import tax- soak the rich is always popular with the voters). Oz population only 22 million. Crash testing not required in Oz for EU compliant imports if already crash tested in EU.

I cannot believe that AOA did not import the C6 RS6 into USA. Even at ~US$130k, it would have I believe sold enough to break even, even after crash test expenses. More importantly, it would have lifted the profile of Audi significntly at the top end of the market as a even a lightly mapped C6 RS6 blows away all the top end merc, bmw opposition plus the cache of a Lamborghini derived V10 modified by Audi.

However that is now history. I cant believe that if the C7 RS6 is as good as it sounds, that AOA will let this opportunity slip again.

BMW and merc go to the trouble of qualifying their top end cars for the US market. Perhaps they are loss leaders and this is the price to pay for enhancing the marques prestige.

just my two cents worth.
john

ps I am a member of the Ayn Rand fan club.

Brav
November 10th, 2012, 04:00
Working on a project with another company to get various models crash tested an approved in the US, and other countries. Might be 12 months down the line, but will be able to convert most non-US spec cars, if there's a market for it.

chewym
November 12th, 2012, 03:58
The USA crash testing keeps a lot of 'special' european cars out of the USA. However, Audi Australia imported I believe 10 C6 RS6's (3 sedans, 7 Avants) into Oz and all sold at US$260k! (note 50% of price is australian luxury import tax- soak the rich is always popular with the voters). Oz population only 22 million. Crash testing not required in Oz for EU compliant imports if already crash tested in EU.

I cannot believe that AOA did not import the C6 RS6 into USA. Even at ~US$130k, it would have I believe sold enough to break even, even after crash test expenses. More importantly, it would have lifted the profile of Audi significntly at the top end of the market as a even a lightly mapped C6 RS6 blows away all the top end merc, bmw opposition plus the cache of a Lamborghini derived V10 modified by Audi.

However that is now history. I cant believe that if the C7 RS6 is as good as it sounds, that AOA will let this opportunity slip again.

BMW and merc go to the trouble of qualifying their top end cars for the US market. Perhaps they are loss leaders and this is the price to pay for enhancing the marques prestige.

just my two cents worth.
john

ps I am a member of the Ayn Rand fan club.

Very good points about the barrier to entry in the US vs. Australia for example. You have to remember that BMW and MB also sell about double the number of cars in the US. This gives them much more room to play with as you say with regards to M and AMG products. With the way European car sales are these days profitability in the US is more important than ever. And you have to remember that VW was losing tons of money every year in the US througout the 2000s so there could still be a culture of thriftiness left.

RXBG
November 12th, 2012, 12:14
AOA has an RS4 avant for show and tell right now. it's definitely coming. no doubt the RS6 will too but they will wait for the RS7 to start selling first.

MaxRS6
November 12th, 2012, 13:18
Hate to be a downer- However; this kid will not be begging AoA for anything. They will end up over pricing it, making it overly difficult to work on, and then charge ridiculous amounts for rather routine maintenance. Shall we replay the issues (tranny, DRC, gas tanks, etc, etc.)?? Those three items alone are not small items and were major components of the car that had failed designs. As all of you know, our current cars are a nightmare to work on (at least that is what every mechanic has told me that has wrenched on it). Each of them complain of the layout and how things are just inaccessible (this is German engineering?).

Then make any type of modification- AoA will say all warranty is void (yeh, yeh, yeh- I know the argument if the mod didn't relate/cause the damage, blah blah blah). As I posted not long ago, AoA turned down a warranty replacement on a new air intake duct. I purchased a new air duct from Parker Audi (the original one had cracked). Within several weeks, the paint on the new duct was peeling like a snake. AoA said Parker had told them the car had the APR chip- and thus they would not cover the air duct. What kind of bullsh#t is that? The part is small potatoes (approx $150). However; it was the mere point of the issue. How does the APR chip cause paint to peel on a new air duct? The original ducts did not have one piece of paint peeled in the previous 8 years with the APR chip in it for at least 5 of those years.

With that and many other fails at the Audi dealership- I highly doubt I will purchase another RS6 (or Audi for that matter).

My less than .03 worth- Good luck to those that want this thing

4everRS
November 12th, 2012, 14:49
Randy, with the tribulations you've dealt with, I can understand your sentiments. It almost seems as if our cars were a "test" platform. DRC had never been implemented and the transmission was cobbled together. The fuel tank issues seemed to run through their product line. I have to be honest, my wife and I have received much better service with our GMC Acadia, than the RS6. That doesn't seem right to me. It's one of the biggest reasons why I have stayed away from Audi dealerships. When I walk in to one, they look down on me, and generally act as if they don't want/need my business. Case and point: I recently went into carousel Audi with my father who is shopping for a new A8. We walked up to the parts desk as my dad wanted to buy a beanie hat for his granddaughter. I saw a set of nice aluminum pedals and asked if they make them for my car. He asked if it was a manual or auto. I said they're pretty much all autos an he proceeded to argue with me about that. I didn't mind that he disagreed with me, but the tone in which he spoke was what pissed me off. This is just one small example, and not the basis for my thoughts.

I will have a very hard time buying from an Audi dealership due to this. I've had much better luck regarding the mechanics than randy has. I still want the next RS6/7, and would like to buy through a dealer, but not one that treats me like an idiot. As randy said, its the principal of it. Some dealerships are waaaaay too transactional, and need to get a little more service orientated.

alrightroad
November 12th, 2012, 15:09
^^^ this. Agree 110%. Automobile shopping at this price level should be like walking into a fine hotel, resort or restaurant. Audi dealerships should access to something like a sommelier for performance/luxury cars when special interest walks in the door wanting an RS unit. It should be about the experience and not the transaction. Audi needs to take a few pages out of the hospitality industry playbook.

Here is the RS4 avant AoA current has...
http://www.quattroworld.com/2013-audi-rs4/breaking-audi-rs-4-avant-spotted-in-the-usa/

jtmdmd1
November 12th, 2012, 15:39
The Audi dealership here is the worst of any brand as far as service & salespeople that I have ever dealt with. They do try to make you feel like they are better than you are & that they they are doing you a favor by assisting you. They created more problems on my A6 4.2 during routine maintenance than I ever had before I took it in. I will never buy another car from them or allow them to do anything on a car of mine. Like 4everRS said, I would like to work with a dealership, definitely not this one.

Qisha
November 12th, 2012, 18:35
Dear Friends,

i feel sorry to read about your negative experiences with Audi Dealerships within the USA. :noshake:

Customer Feedback is greatly appreciated. If you would like to share your experiences with AoA, please write to:

Jeri Ward
Director of Customer Experience
Audi of America, Inc.
(703) 364-7000
2200 Ferdinand Porsche Drive
Herndon, VA - 20171
E-Mail: Jeri.Ward@AUDI.COM

Hopefuly those experiences are the exception rather than the rule :cheers:

Qisha

MaxRS6
November 12th, 2012, 19:05
^Thank you Qisha.

I will compose a letter to above with documentation of my 168K journey. Some parts of it have been great- I have met some wonderful Audi owners including many on this forum. The car has been an absolute blast to drive when it is running correctly.

However; the negatives have outweighed the positives in my experience. 5 gas tanks in one car is a bit absurd. Did Audi pay for the repair? Yes. Did they do anything about the time and aggravation taking the car in for the repair? Not! Have they agreed to repair it again if it breaks after the recall?? They told me to check in with them if the tank leaked again. However; they would not say with certainty they would repair it again (even if it was the roll over valve that cracked again). This is one simple example. A high end auto (yes- I was one of the idiots that purchased brand spanking new)- owner should not have to endure having to put their car in the shop 4 times for an extended repair of the same issue. Don't even get me started on the DRC and how I was originally treated when that system went south.

I have written AoA multiple times. AoA did step up to the plate on some of the issues eventually (gas tank recall and reimburse for repair, KW reimburse for DRC, and a couple other times). For those actions- I give AoA kudos. I will compile these together along with the documenation to the above. I'll consider posting it as an open letter on this forum.

Chung
November 12th, 2012, 22:52
I don't want to pile on too much but I have friends with Audi's (Q5's and A4's) some brand new some used and all have had a poor experience.
With one A4 1.8T it was an oil sludge problem using the dealer for oil changes and recommended service intervals (Audi did not cover the repair as it was just out of warranty).
With one A4, almost new 2011 that burns oil so badly that they cannot make it to the next oil change without adding oil. Audi says this is normal.
And with the Q5 the steering rack was replaced multiple times and eventually returned under the lemon law.

A few have never had an issue but it is sad the game that my friend and I play is who can keep their Audi out of the shop the longest (and my 2003 RS6 is beating a 2011 A4 2.0t)

I hope Audi is successful in turning around this image but from where I stand it is difficult to recommend the brand as a premium brand. I agree with the statement that the luxury car manufacturers should be more like hospitality companies. This article suggests that the company does recognize the issue and are taking steps to solve the problem http://www.adweek.com/news/advertising-branding/first-mover-jeri-ward-138491

Thanks Qisha for directly engaging us. I know forums are the source of a lot of noise but not necessary a lot of data.

Stephencl
November 12th, 2012, 23:32
Dear Friends,

i feel sorry to read about your negative experiences with Audi Dealerships within the USA. :noshake:

Customer Feedback is greatly appreciated. If you would like to share your experiences with AoA, please write to:

Jeri Ward
Director of Customer Experience
Audi of America, Inc.
(703) 364-7000
2200 Ferdinand Porsche Drive
Herndon, VA - 20171
E-Mail: Jeri.Ward@AUDI.COM

Hopefuly those experiences are the exception rather than the rule :cheers:

Qisha

Qisha,

Thanks for providing this communication channel. I have owned a D2 A8, and S8. Two C5 RS6 and an ALMS TT. My experiences at the dealership have been extremely varied. I have had great relationships with the services managers, but crappy relationships with the sales teams.

I would echo some of the sentiment voiced here regarding the arrogant staff that is often on the sales floor. I have also encountered parts people that thought they knew more about the RS6 than me. But I have usually had good luck with the services folks. It was one of these managers that really got behind the DRC recall and insisted that Audi come up with a solution. Sadly, he has left Audi now.

I always knew that Audi would have a difficult time supporting the 100k priced car crowd. It is one of the main reasons I didn't buy an R8,but bought an Aston instead. Aston Martin picks up my car for service and drops it off. I live 45 miles from the dealer. If I need an Aston while my car is being serviced, they make sure I have one to drive, not some rental car.

It is taking the Audi service level to meet the price of their cars that so despartely needs to happen. I want the new RS6 with all my heart. I will lobby hard to get the car into the US in avant form, I will pay whatever they want to charge..but I would really like them to step up and treat me like I paid over 100k for it. This is what AoA really need to focus on.

Just my .02.

Stephen

aussie rs6
November 13th, 2012, 02:19
Sorry to hear of the sub optimal sales and service experience of some USA C5 RS6 owners.

Here in Perth , Western Australia, we have only one dealer for work during the warranty period,the Audi Centre, but I can testify that the service I have received for my C5 RS6 was excellent and also for my current C6 RS6.

I put this down to of course the quality of the people, but also importantly the sales manager Jerome, who works very closely with the Service Department team.

john

ttboost
November 13th, 2012, 13:27
Unfortunately, Audi service here is the same...poor at best...That's why, when we were shopping for a new car, we opted for a brand new VW...almost an Audi, but WAY better service. Man we love this thing..2012 Touareg TDI...
Probably end up keeping the RS6 and continue to work on it and repair it myself...

MaxRS6
November 13th, 2012, 14:35
^Congrats on the TDI- very nice!

We have the same experience with VW. When I needed to purchase a car for our teenage daughter- My wife (and actually myself) would not even look at Audi as an potential. If the Audi experience had been better, Audi would have been first choice.

We went with the R32 and our VW experience has been terrific. The car was only $20K. However; the service has been as if we purchased a luxury auto. The salespeople were actually hospitable to us, toured us around their facilities introducing us to the various key employees (tech service, manager, etc). Each service has been promptly scheduled and serviced without any drama. They have followed up each service with a call to see if I was pleased with the service, and if there was anything they could do to improve the experience. I've generally responded- "Teach Audi how to service cars and treat their customers- LOL". Our GMC dealership likewise gives 5 star prompt and quality service on my wife's Denali.

I can't tell you the number of times at Audi my car was put on "the back burner" and slow walked through the repair. For one example, when my oil cooler leaked (thanks Audi for that wonderful design)- it took them about a month to do this repair. It should have only been in there a few days. When I addressed this with the service manager the response was generally- "Well the tech is working as fast as he can to get you back on the road". At first they told me the repair would be covered under warranty. After they tore it apart, they decided it wasn't covered under warranty- What a ton of BS!! After the last debacle- Parker failed to diagnose a blown turbo after having my car for over 5 weeks to determine the problem with no boost (it should not take 5 weeks to determine a turbo is shot), I picketed their business for a few days and moved my car to an Indy Shop for service.

I realize there are two sides to each story and I'm sure Parker would respond with (well the car is modified, he does drive it hard, etc, etc,). However; what does that have to do with the level of service and turn around time of repairs?? For example, my radiator sprung a leak. I requested they replace all three radiators, bother intercoolers, all the hoses, etc. After a very long extended time to get this repair done (stating they were making sure everthing was correct), they gave the car back to me a few days before a track event. They said it was ready and they had thoroughly repaired the radiators and hoses. You guessed it- the first day at the track- coolant was spilling out from under the car. They had incorrectly routed one of the hoses right next to a pulley and the pulley had split the hose. Thus; I ended up at a Firestone shop where they corrected (and laughed at the Audi repair) of the hose. I have this chronicled (with pictures) in a thread on this forum. What did Parker Audi do for all this? They offered a $180 credit (heck I paid Firestone $100 for the repair). Jeez- how thoughtful. It ruined an entire track weekend essentially- and Parker was not even embarrassed by their failed service. I don't expect everyone to be perfect, and I know mistakes happen. However; I judge a business (and people) on how they respond to correct issues. I am generally a very patient and understanding consumer. Thus; it takes a lot to upset me and Parker did it in spades.

I do hold myself responsible as I put up with the poor service. I should have cut my strings with Parker far earlier and for that- I too caused myself some of the grief.

AoA did help negotiate a settlement with Parker on my final repair, and I appreciated their assistance. The failed Audi experience mosaic will have me looking elsewhere when I put a bullet in Crazy.

I'll include the above examples (along with some other nice shiny examples) in my letter to AoA. This thread has fired me up to summarize my Audi experience and share with all.

LUPIN
November 13th, 2012, 18:27
How reliable is this source? Looks more like S7 to me. I thought RS7 was supposed to have dual exhaust (not quad) and squared-off old ur-quattro style flares? Grills, bumpers, and mirrors are easy to disguise. The other stuff isn't.

The RS mules often have ''S'' exhaust and ''S'' rear bumper...

This is a RS6, only the front is RS
http://www.fourtitude.com/gallery/albums//Audi/A6-S6-RS6%20(C4,%20C5,%20C6)/RS%206%20Avant%20(C7)/Spy%20Photos/001.jpg
http://www.fourtitude.com/gallery/albums//Audi/A6-S6-RS6%20(C4,%20C5,%20C6)/RS%206%20Avant%20(C7)/Spy%20Photos/002.jpg

Also RS5 cabriolet mules had ''S'' rear bumper and ''S'' exhaust.. TT RS also... etc etc

For me, that is an RS7 mule...

kip
November 13th, 2012, 22:16
Dear Friends,

I have seen German mags saying the RS6 Avant will be introduced in June 2013 and the RS7 in September of 2013. Is this not accurate?

4everRS
November 13th, 2012, 23:51
I have seen German mags saying the RS6 Avant will be introduced in June 2013 and the RS7 in September of 2013. Is this not accurate?
Not from what Quisha has told us. RS7 will be introduced at the North American International Auto Show.

4everRS
November 14th, 2012, 01:02
At least spell the master's id correctly...;0
Oops. Qisha. My bad ;)

amanda
November 14th, 2012, 01:11
I love the shape of the new c7 6 and the fact that the v8 is back but why treat it is a 4 cyl most of the time unless its under load and then it becomes a v8 again?

Primo
November 14th, 2012, 01:20
I was looking at the new RS4 at the local Audi dealership here, sat in it and to be honest, it's actually quite beautiful, I wanted one at once! However, the new RS6 is gonna be so awesome! Loving the new fronts, looking angry! :)

chewym
November 14th, 2012, 02:56
I love the shape of the new c7 6 and the fact that the v8 is back but why treat it is a 4 cyl most of the time unless its under load and then it becomes a v8 again?

Fuel economy of course. The benefit of the cylinder shutoff feature is perhaps even more useful in government fuel economy testing.

Amulet-S6
November 14th, 2012, 03:28
Max, Take a few deep breathes... I don't want YOU to blow a valve.

Jim

PS: you got your baby daughter an r32? are you Crazy???

mmaturo
November 14th, 2012, 07:13
I guess I have been VERY lucky with my dealership (Continental Audi outside of Chicago). Excellent service (and sales experience) and yes my RS6 was a complete disaster for 6 years but at least it was eventually fixed over and over again. Trading it in was a sad but well needed event before transmission #5 died. However my S5 cabriolet was perfect, my RS5 is incredible...cant say enough about the car... and my old 2000 TT is a great car with no problems. My fear of everything breaking is long gone. Send the RS cars I will buy more at whatever price. I want the RS6 sedan, consider one sold.

R8GT on the way too. Can't wait to play with it. Fortunately the RS6 did not scare me away as even though it broke repeatedly it never left me stranded and still made me smile everyday.

kip
November 14th, 2012, 09:06
Not from what Quisha has told us. RS7 will be introduced at the North American International Auto Show.

Yes I know, this is why I asked about it. Its exactly the opposite as the press suggests and as I am waiting for a possible jump from the PTT powerkit to the RS7 or E 63 AMG AWD if it ever comes, I would like to know.

Is Qishas comment perhaps about the US market, I live in Europe...

kip
November 14th, 2012, 18:27
So you dont think Im crazy....13169

MaxRS6
November 14th, 2012, 19:01
Thread jack...

Max, Take a few deep breathes... I don't want YOU to blow a valve.

Shhhheeeesssshhhh- I let it all out as I go along- Can't blow a valve that is always open....00

PS: you got your baby daughter an r32? are you Crazy???

Heck yeah! I get to drive it sometimes ..... (well just to fill it up with gas or wash it).

Actually- it has been a great car for her. Very stable, sticks to the road, visibility is quite good, lot of room w/ the hatchback, and has a little power (250 hp) to get her onto the interstate. Yes- she is already buzzing around downtown Little Rock, interstate, rush hour traffic, etc.., and has about 7K on her life to date driving odometer. Dad & Mom still worry every second of every day when she is not in our direct eye sight- So is the life of a parent.

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/Tiger%20Car/PIC_0905.jpg

TOAvusRS6
November 14th, 2012, 20:31
I guess I have been VERY lucky with my dealership (Continental Audi outside of Chicago). Excellent service (and sales experience) and yes my RS6 was a complete disaster for 6 years but at least it was eventually fixed over and over again. Trading it in was a sad but well needed event before transmission #5 died. However my S5 cabriolet was perfect, my RS5 is incredible...cant say enough about the car... and my old 2000 TT is a great car with no problems. My fear of everything breaking is long gone. Send the RS cars I will buy more at whatever price. I want the RS6 sedan, consider one sold.

R8GT on the way too. Can't wait to play with it. Fortunately the RS6 did not scare me away as even though it broke repeatedly it never left me stranded and still made me smile everyday.

I've also been fortunate with my dealer, but I should also add that my RS6 ownership to date has been a lot different than some of the stories I have read on the forum. My car is a 2004, Canadian car, and to date with the exception of the strut replacement that was done as a recall, and the gas tank roller over valve recall, I have not had a single issue with my car. I've done all the required maintenance including timing belt service, and the car has never let me down once.

One of the main reasons I was so looking forward to the possibility of the new C7 RS6, was my experience with the C5. Per Qisha, hope has not been lost yet, but unlike some folks on the forum who relish the idea of the avant, I am looking for the sedan.

I did get a chance to drive in the S7, and it's quite the car. Still need to get used to the looks. The s8 is a rocket for such a large and heavy car.

I'll do what I can on my end to email and call the audi powers that be. Let's hope they give us something to hope for in return.

bmwade
November 15th, 2012, 16:53
Heck yeah! I get to drive it sometimes ..... (well just to fill it up with gas or wash it).

Actually- it has been a great car for her. Very stable, sticks to the road, visibility is quite good, lot of room w/ the hatchback, and has a little power (250 hp) to get her onto the interstate. Yes- she is already buzzing around downtown Little Rock, interstate, rush hour traffic, etc.., and has about 7K on her life to date driving odometer. Dad & Mom still worry every second of every day when she is not in our direct eye sight- So is the life of a parent.

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/Tiger%20Car/PIC_0905.jpg

brilliant first car! It's a perfect gateway drug to full on crazy train. You're training her up right!

LUPIN
November 21st, 2012, 11:41
Not so much sound... :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BszjRXn6iZU

andreadebi
November 24th, 2012, 09:12
rs7 render

http://fourtitude.com/news/audi-rumors-renders-spy-photos/fotoshopfriday-audi-rs-7-rendered-from-multiple-angles-intel/

plivac
December 3rd, 2012, 19:11
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1212_2014_mercedes_benz_e63_amg_4matic_development _mule_first_look/

well Audi you waited and waited..... let's see what you come up with now, bcs this 2014 E63 AMG 4 Matic will very likely be my next vehicle (current 2010 S4 owner)

TOAvusRS6
December 3rd, 2012, 19:35
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1212_2014_mercedes_benz_e63_amg_4matic_development _mule_first_look/

well Audi you waited and waited..... let's see what you come up with now, bcs this 2014 E63 AMG 4 Matic to me will very likely be the next vehicle

Do not disagree with your position.

Some of us need a high performance sedan, as opposed to avant, and were looking forward to the RS6 in this form. Not all of us can opt for the RS7 (looks, as well as function of a third back seat). Too bad neither the M5 or E63 will have the looks of the RS6, but in the absence of what we would like from the brand we would like to stay loyal to, I completely agree with your position that moving on to something else is 100% acceptable.

To Qisha:

Please do not misinterpret my remarks, but as loyal customers who have purchased these cars in the past, we should not have to beg or plead with the manufacturer to get product. BMW or Mercedes customers do not seem to be in this position. I can understand that the C5 RS6 rollout in NA was costly to Audi due to mechanical issues, but was that our fault as consumers? Despite this, many of us still have our C5 RS6, but speaking for myself, after being in the same car for 8 years, despite still being special, it does lead one to wanting the next best thing. What is that from Audi for NA customers?

To be blunt, Audi has completely missed the mark. They want to be considered in the same league as Mercedes and BMW, yet continue to miss the opportunity to understand what their customers want. I have sent my correspondence, but am I hopeful it will change anything, ahhhhh no.

plivac
December 3rd, 2012, 20:06
......as loyal customers who have purchased these cars in the past, we should not have to beg or plead with the manufacturer to get product.

Exactly: REALLY,REALLY tired of having to plead with Audi - having sent numerous emails over last year, spoken to tons of sales reps, posted on most forums, signed every petition.... no high paying customer should have to go through that.

LUPIN
December 4th, 2012, 20:30
http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/2014-audi-rs-6-avant-leaked-images_100411008_l.jpg
http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/2014-audi-rs-6-avant-leaked-images_100411010_l.jpg
http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/2014-audi-rs-6-avant-leaked-images_100411005_l.jpg
http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/2014-audi-rs-6-avant-leaked-images_100411011_l.jpg
http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/2014-audi-rs-6-avant-leaked-images_100411009_l.jpg
http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/2014-audi-rs-6-avant-leaked-images_100411007_l.jpg
http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/2014-audi-rs-6-avant-leaked-images_100411006_l.jpg
http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/2014-audi-rs-6-avant-leaked-images_100411004_l.jpg

Brav
December 4th, 2012, 20:38
yes. please and thanks.

ben916
December 4th, 2012, 20:53
only one issue:

The shifter isn't manual.

lswing
December 4th, 2012, 20:55
Beautiful, thanks!

bmwade
December 4th, 2012, 20:56
Exactly: REALLY,REALLY tired of having to plead with Audi - having sent numerous emails over last year, spoken to tons of sales reps, posted on most forums, signed every petition.... no high paying customer should have to go through that.

the things we do for love.

bmwade
December 4th, 2012, 22:11
http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/12/2014-Audi-RS6-Avant-New.html

power figures conflict with what Qisha insinuated they would be. He said power output on the order of MP4-12C which puts it well above 600hp. I can't imagine they would actually decrease power over the C6 since all S cars have gone up in HP despite downsizing the engine. Also he implied the RS6/7 would basically be the new standard in performance. 3.9s 0-60 doesn't do that. But the pictures look fantastic. Do want! Even if it carries these low power figures.

The RS6
December 4th, 2012, 23:10
Audi came out with official pics on their Facebook page:

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/483398_10151265099274591_1328746981_n.jpg
http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/300059_10151265099289591_1146236492_n.jpg
http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/394972_10151265099294591_534507827_n.jpg
http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/228387_10151265099344591_57769090_n.jpg
http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/151052_10151265099349591_722996424_n.jpg

chewym
December 4th, 2012, 23:11
http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/12/2014-Audi-RS6-Avant-New.html

power figures conflict with what Qisha insinuated they would be. He said power output on the order of MP4-12C which puts it well above 600hp. I can't imagine they would actually decrease power over the C6 since all S cars have gone up in HP despite downsizing the engine. Also he implied the RS6/7 would basically be the new standard in performance. 3.9s 0-60 doesn't do that. But the pictures look fantastic. Do want! Even if it carries these low power figures.

I reckon the power figures are on the conservative side. The "520: horsepower S8 dynoed 480 AWHP. The current S4/S5/S6 are down on horsepower (on paper) to their immediate predecessors but are up on performance. I too would prefer that Audi would not be so conservative with their claims but it's always better to underpromise and overdeliver rather than the opposite. I've heard that launch control is hard to implement with an auto but I suppose Audi overcame that with the RS6. I would still like Audi to make an RS6 sedan in the future but we can't get everything.

Primo
December 5th, 2012, 01:16
Holy hell, I'm falling in love with that car! Sooo gorgeous! Perhaps on the C5 level of gorgeousness!

ChicagoAudi
December 5th, 2012, 03:18
power figures conflict with what Qisha insinuated they would be. He said power output on the order of MP4-12C which puts it well above 600hp. I can't imagine they would actually decrease power over the C6 since all S cars have gone up in HP despite downsizing the engine.

Check the official specs on engine output: the new engine is flat rated at 560 bhp from 5,700 to 6,700 RPMs! There is no horsepower peak, so the specification is underrated. Weight also falls by 100 kilos.

chewym
December 5th, 2012, 03:56
According to a source the RS6 engine uses an improved single sided intake from the S6/S7, S8 internals and turbos even better than on the S8. So this is a new version specific to RS6/7 and not just a simple "chip" tune.

ChicagoAudi
December 5th, 2012, 04:04
Will the S8 motor variant, in RS trim, make its way into the R8 as a replacement for the V10?

Ruergard
December 5th, 2012, 07:00
Yes I'd have on of those. Thank you. :love:

MR USER
December 5th, 2012, 07:25
8 am and the phone of my dealer is ringing already!

Erik
December 5th, 2012, 07:43
More pictures:

Looks like we're losing the wheel arches, I'm not surprised as it saves money (for Audi).

http://www.gtspirit.com/2012/12/05/official-2013-audi-rs-6-avant/

Following a leak earlier this evening we can now officially show you the brand new 2013 Audi RS6 Avant and reveal all the important information. The RS6 is lighter and more efficient than the previous model, and performance has been improved. The sprint from 0 to 100km/h takes just 3.9 seconds, and the top speed is 305km/h.

The new Audi RS6 Avant is a high-performance sports car for everyday use, according to Audi. The 4.0 TFSI, which debuted last year, has a twin-turbo setup with a peak output of 560hp between 5,700 and 6,700rpm with a constant 700Nm of torque available between 1,750 and 5,500rpm. The 4.0 TFSI delivers a sporty, full-throated sound. Switchable flaps in the exhaust system make the sound even fuller, if desired. Audi also offers an optional sport exhaust system.

The powerful twin-turbo V8 accelerates the new RS6 Avant from zero to 100km/h in a 3.9 seconds. In the standard configuration, top speed is electronically limited to 250km/h. This is increased to 280km/h with the optional Dynamic package. With the Dynamic plus package, Audi reigns in the engine only upon reaching 305km/h.

The new RS6 Avant has the cylinder on demand (COD) system, like the S6 and S7. At low to intermediate loads and engine speeds, it shuts down the intake and exhaust valves of cylinders 2, 3, 5 and 8. The 4.0 TFSI then runs as a four-cylinder engine until the driver accelerates more strongly again. The changeover from four and eight-cylinder operation takes just a few hundredths of a second. About the only thing noticeable to the driver is an indication in the instrument cluster.

The 4.0 TFSI is paired with an eight-speed tiptronic featuring shortened shift times. The automatic transmission offers D and S modes. Drivers who wish to shift for themselves can use the shift paddles on the steering wheel or the selector lever, which sports a RS design.

At the heart of the quattro permanent all-wheel drive system with torque vectoring is a self-locking center differential with an elevated locking value. An oil cooler regulates its temperature. If desired, the sport differential distributes the power steplessly between the rear wheels.

The new RS6 Avant is the first RS model from Audi to come standard with a specifically tuned air suspension. The dynamic setup of the adaptive air suspension lowers the body by 20 millimeters. The system combines the air suspension with controlled damping and takes into account the road conditions, the driving style and the mode chosen in the driving dynamics system Audi drive select, with which the driver can influence the function of key components in multiple steps.

Audi also offers the tauter sport suspension plus with Dynamic Ride Control (DRC) as an alternative to the RS6 adaptive air suspension. This system uses steel springs and three-way adjustable shock absorbers that are interconnected diagonally by means of oil lines and a central valve for improved body roll stability. Another option is dynamic steering, which features steplessly variable steering boost and ratios. This system can also be integrated into Audi drive select and, just like the standard electromechanical power steering, is tailored specifically for the RS6 Avant.

The brakes include four internally vented discs, which feature a weight-saving wave design with a wave-like outer contour. The front discs measure 390 millimeters in diameter and are gripped by black, six-piston calipers. Customers can also opt for red brake calipers. Also available as an option are carbon fiber-ceramic brake discs measuring 420 millimeters in diameter. Their calipers are painted anthracite gray. The electronic stabilization control (ESC) has a Sport mode and can also be deactivated entirely.

The Audi RS6 Avant comes standard with high-gloss, 20 inch, forged wheels in a seven twin-spoke design. Optional 21 inch cast wheels are available in three versions: high-gloss silver, polished black and polished titanium-look. The body plays a major role in the handling. It is roughly 20 percent aluminum and includes numerous components made of high-strength steel. The new Audi RS 6 Avant weighs roughly 100 kilograms lighter than its predecessor.

Numerous RS-specific design details reveal the origin of the RS model. Most noticeable are the matte aluminum applications on the body, the high-gloss black protective grille at the front of the car, the bumpers, the fender, sill flares and the large roof spoiler. At the rear of the car, the diffuser and the two large, elliptical exhaust tailpipes make a bold statement.

Two optional appearance packages – Matte Aluminum or Carbon – further customize the look and include such things as quattro badges on the central front air inlet. With the Carbon appearance package, the front splitter and the diffuser are more boldly shaped. The Audi RS6 Avant is available in nine exterior colors, including the exclusive shade Daytona Gray matte. Additional options from the Audi exclusive range offer numerous opportunities for customization.

The cockpit of the RS6 Avant has dial instruments with black faces, white dials and red needles. The key; the flat-bottomed, three-spoke, multifunction steering wheel; the illuminated entry sills; the tachometer and the displays for the MMI as well as the driver information system (DIS) sport RS logos.

A new feature in the RS menu of the DIS is the shift light. Green segments are illuminated as revs increase. The bar turns red and begins to blink when revs approach the red line. Displays for the gear selected, boost pressure, oil temperature and a digital speedometer round out the RS 6-specific driver information system.

The footrest, pedals and switches in the MMI navigation plus terminal shine in an aluminum-look finish. The decorative bezel surrounding the retractable monitor sports a piano finish; the interior door openers feature a delicate double-bar design – a classic RS feature. Carbon inlays are standard; six additional materials are available as options. A black headlining is standard; Moon Silver or black Alcantara are optional.

audi_ch
December 5th, 2012, 12:36
The new Audi RS6 Avant is a high-performance sports car for everyday use, according to Audi. The 4.0 TFSI, which debuted last year, has a twin-turbo setup with a peak output of 560hp between 5,700 and 6,700rpm with a constant 700Nm of torque available between 1,750 and 5,500rpm. The 4.0 TFSI delivers a sporty, full-throated sound. Switchable flaps in the exhaust system make the sound even fuller, if desired. Audi also offers an optional sport exhaust system.

quik compairo to m5 f10 engine datas:

m5 560hp from 5750-7000 rpm, rs6 560hp from 5700-6700
m5 680 nm from 1500-5750 rpm, rs6 700nm from 1750-5500

it looks like the 4,4 liter f10 egine has just a tiny bit bigger power band than the 4,0 liter rs6 whilst the rs6 has 20 nm more torque.

What make me think, new s6 weighted 2100kg (whilst catalogue weight ist something around 1950kg...) in diff german mags, and was also announced to be lighter than hes prescedor. I can harldy imagen a spect rs6 avant will be lighter than the new s6.... Very curios about the real world weight.

Wonder witch car has the better high speed performance

bmwade
December 5th, 2012, 15:04
I'll take mine with dayton grey matte with carbon ceramic brakes, 21" polished titanium rims, S.E. exhaust, silver interior with moon silver headliner, and the carbon appearance package.

plivac
December 5th, 2012, 19:35
don't want to spoil the show but:
http://www.autoweek.com/article/20121204/DETROIT/121209951

"Correction: The RS6 Avant is not coming to the United States and will not be revealed at the Detroit auto show, as originally reported."